No HOF Presentation for TO

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What’s funny is, the HOF committe didn’t even have to make an effort to kick this ungrateful “me first” attention wh0re to the curb.

Some low-level underling simply hit the delete button a few times on the production schedule and now the HOF ceremony will go forth like TO never existed.

You reap what you sow.

Apparently not since you can obstruct justice in a murder case and still get into the HOF as a first ballot.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Wait.

Why should they do anything for a guy who won't be there? I suspect they will announce his name when they announce the list of inductees and probably will have his bust on display, but why in the world would you expect them to do anything more than that?

The only loser in this whole thing is the guy who has shown himself to be woefully immature his entire professional life.

This. Whenever he scored I was cheering for the team never him

cern

Reaction score
What's good for the goose......................His jacket will be sent in the mail.

Proximo

Reaction score
LOL

This dude will continue to be a polarizing figure for years to come, even after he’s largely irrelevant.

Anytime his name comes up there will be differing opinions.

Probably at least until all of the people that played with him or watched him play are no longer around.

Hardline

Reaction score
Because a top 3 WR of all time deserves the HOF? No one is obligated to show up to the ceremony.
And no one is obligated to nominate him or keep his name in this inductee class.
Frank Sinatra once said "If someone gives you an award you best damn show up to get it."
T. O. is not above the HOF.
I would withdraw him from the HOF and name someone who actually values the opportunity.
If TO wants to do his own thing he can create his own HOF.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The TV in the restaurant I ate lunch at had something on the screen about TO not getting presented individually at the HOF ceremony. The volume wasn't up so I couldn't hear the discussion, but I assume the HOF decided that if TO refuses to come to the ceremony in person, they won't have a segment of the ceremony dedicated to him the way there is with other inductees. I'm guessing they will announce him simply as an inductee, but with no time allotted to talk about his career.
Lol. They're so salty. Love it. Go Chattanooga!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It ridiculous how many people are so bothered by the fact that he won't be there. It's like they feel he owes it to them and the HoF.

That's not how it works. And it's sad that people think they should rescind the award. That's what petty people would do. It would make the HoF a laughing stock. The award is not based on someone's willingness to show up in a small Ohio town to make some speech. Especially if that individual is expected to make and pay for all the arrangements for him, his family, and friends who would like to attend said ceremony. If he wants to celebrate his way (free for fans as well), and that rubs you wrong, then you might want to look in the mirror and try and figure out exactly what YOUR problem is.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And no one is obligated to nominate him or keep his name in this inductee class.
Frank Sinatra once said "If someone gives you an award you best damn show up to get it."
I would withdraw him from the HOF and name someone who actually values the opportunity.

T.O. never stated they were obligated to do so, he's upset at the reasons WHY they don't consider him a first ballot. He's not forcing himself into the HOF, people voted him in - so, obviously, people want him there which is the reason he's getting in.

I don't care what YOU would do - it's not a single person voting him in and not one person would take him out. As I stated already, there's other players far deserving to be removed from the Hall if this is the route you wanna go down.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
25-Funny-Salty-meme-9.png

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It ridiculous how many people are so bothered by the fact that he won't be there. It's like they feel he owes it to them and the HoF.

That's not how it works. And it's sad that people think they should rescind the award. That's what petty people would do. It would make the HoF a laughing stock. The award is not based on someone's willingness to show up in a small Ohio town to make some speech. Especially if that individual is expected to make and pay for all the arrangements for him, his family, and friends who would like to attend said ceremony. If he wants to celebrate his way (free for fans as well), and that rubs you wrong, then you might want to look in the mirror and try and figure out exactly what YOUR problem is.

It simply goes back to people think TO is the #1 reason for the 08 downfall. Resentment set in more, plus it's the Cowboys fanbase, look how many are treating Murray for a fumble that was caused by a legendary player...

We have the most vitriolic fan base in the NFL - while the league's fans of petty in general, it's amplified by this spoiled group. Praise Irvin, even though he attempted to stab a freakin' teammate and he's praised still to this day. TO didn't like where things were heading in 08 and we saw it collapse in 2010, two years after his release.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It simply goes back to people think TO is the #1 reason for the 08 downfall. Resentment set in more, plus it's the Cowboys fanbase, look how many are treating Murray for a fumble that was caused by a legendary player...

We have the most vitriolic fan base in the NFL - while the league's fans of petty in general, it's amplified by this spoiled group. Praise Irvin, even though he attempted to stab a freakin' teammate and he's praised still to this day. TO didn't like where things were heading in 08 and we saw it collapse in 2010, two years after his release.
:hammer:

But they don't hear you though. :D

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The Hall knows that TO really would win if they did that. They don’t want that.
Besides he didn’t (hasn’t) burned his gold jacket in the streets or anything. His official statement about not going was actually really respectful so the overreaction has always been strange to me.

GenoT

Reaction score
Apparently not since you can obstruct justice in a murder case and still get into the HOF as a first ballot.
I was, and still am, totally against Ray Lewis being in the HOF, so no arguments there.

However, TO spent his entire career treating sportswriters (the people who vote for the HOF) like sh!t — and they STILL voted him in on his third year of eligibility.

Now contrast TO with Charles Haley, a 5-time SB champ, who had to wait @10yrs after first becoming eligible and yet who accepted his induction with class and dignity.

TO’s got ZERO gripes coming.

Hardline

Reaction score
T.O. never stated they were obligated to do so, he's upset at the reasons WHY they don't consider him a first ballot. He's not forcing himself into the HOF, people voted him in - so, obviously, people want him there which is the reason he's getting in.

I don't care what YOU would do - it's not a single person voting him in and not one person would take him out. As I stated already, there's other players far deserving to be removed from the Hall if this is the route you wanna go down.
This in no way negates what I said.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I was, and still am, totally against Ray Lewis being in the HOF, so no arguments there.

However, TO spent his entire career treating sportswriters (the people who vote for the HOF) like sh!t — and they STILL voted him in on his third year of eligibility.

Now contrast TO with Charles Haley, a 5-time SB champ, who had to wait @10yrs after first becoming eligible and yet who accepted his induction with class and dignity.

TO’s got ZERO gripes coming.

You mean sports writers voted him in after they gave their jab last year? And Charles Haley accepting it with "class and dignity" doesn't change the fact that TO has a legitimate reason to be upset.

And let's talk about Haley, Haley is a great player, he's not top 3 at his position like TO. There is a gap between the two.

With the years sportwriters WANTED TO to be a villain, I'm not sure I'm about to praise them for this. They treated McNabb like he was a saint when the feud was happening, go ask many Eagles fans how they felt about McNabb when things didn't go his way? He became just as much of a headache as TO near the end of his career in Philly. It's kinda like McNabb was a diva himself poking TO, it's just the media didn't brand him the villain.

But that's the point, sports writers have voted in some terrible human beings in the past. It talks about priorities and pettiness when they deny a players rightful place as a first ballot over feuds over a decade ago.