No Jimmy in the ROH this year

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Jerry made himself look silly to everyone when they asked him point blank "Is Jimmy going into the ROH" and he said yes. That was what almost 2 years ago? Well Jerry obviously had no intention on doing it until he or Jimmy dies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two reminders:

Jerry Jones has absolute control over the Ring Of Honor ceremony and can enact decisions instantly (not an exaggeration).

The amount of time it took for Jones, to decide and announce he would induct Tony Dorsett and Randy White, to when the actual ceremony was held, was three months.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry made himself look silly to everyone when they asked him point blank "Is Jimmy going into the ROH" and he said yes. That was what almost 2 years ago? Well Jerry obviously had no intention on doing it until he or Jimmy dies.
Narcissists do not necessarily care that they look funny to others. They do care tremendously about upholding what they feel is right for them.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Management basics 101. One of the very first lessons I learned about being a manager was, "If you have an unpleasant thing to do then get it done ASAP. Do not let it linger. It will only get worse." I get it that Jerry Jones had/has a dislike for Jimmy Johnson. I get that. But most of us fans believe that Johnson should be in the ROH. He deserves it. So, a few years (like 5 or 6) after Jimmy left the Dolphins and was obviously not returning to coaching Jones should have put him in the ROF. It would have been uneasy and unpleasant for Jones but it would have been done and over. But NO. Jones balked and refused. And now things are much worse. The first thing most of we fans think of when the ROH is mentioned is "When is Jimmy getting in?" Jones is obligated to deal with the ROH every year and is swamped with questions and criticism about Johnson. It has now become a real monster for Jones to deal with. He postponed an hard task and it is biting him harder and harder all the time.