No Jimmy in the ROH this year

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Management basics 101. One of the very first lessons I learned about being a manager was, "If you have an unpleasant thing to do then get it done ASAP. Do not let it linger. It will only get worse." I get it that Jerry Jones had/has a dislike for Jimmy Johnson. I get that. But most of us fans believe that Johnson should be in the ROH. He deserves it. So, a few years (like 5 or 6) after Jimmy left the Dolphins and was obviously not returning to coaching Jones should have put him in the ROF. It would have been uneasy and unpleasant for Jones but it would have been done and over. But NO. Jones balked and refused. And now things are much worse. The first thing most of we fans think of when the ROH is mentioned is "When is Jimmy getting in?" Jones is obligated to deal with the ROH every year and is swamped with questions and criticism about Johnson. It has now become a real monster for Jones to deal with. He postponed an hard task and it is biting him harder and harder all the time.
Advanced Management:
Assign it to assistant Mgr.
Jerry's a idiot, we've known this since, "jocks and socks"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

So petty.

This year. I think Jerry has showed that there will be no Jimmy in the Ring of Honor any year as long as he lives, after reneging on his promise in front of a national audience to induct him when Jimmy was being put in the Hall of Fame. Jerry sooner induct Jimmy Jones than Jimmy Johnson.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones is obligated to deal with the ROH every year and is swamped with questions and criticism about Johnson. It has now become a real monster for Jones to deal with. He postponed an hard task and it is biting him harder and harder all the time.
lol @ 'real monster'.

It is not a huge issue for him to do. It is a huge issue for him to WANT to do it.

Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw provided Jerry Jones with a golden opportunity in August 2021. Jones publicly accepted the 'mending of the fences' in front of a national audience. It was an excellent opportunity for Jones to spin himself as the hero by doing the right thing. It is almost impossible to BUY PR that genuinely sweet. And one thing Jones is a master of PR and spin.

However, that did not happen. Jones lied in Jimmy Johnson's face, everyone sitting at that FOX desk and every viewer on television. Jones is not the type of individual who cowers from doing hard things. He is the exact type of person who will not bend and do what he does not wish.

WHY must Jones be continually excused for being the person he actually IS?

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
lol @ 'real monster'.

It is not a huge issue for him to do. It is a huge issue for him to WANT to do it.

Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw provided Jerry Jones with a golden opportunity in August 2021. Jones publicly accepted the 'mending of the fences' in front of a national audience. It was an excellent opportunity for Jones to spin himself as the hero by doing the right thing. It is almost impossible to BUY PR that genuinely sweet. And one thing Jones is a master of is PR and spin.

However, that did not happen. Jones lied in Jimmy Johnson's face, everyone sitting at that FOX desk and every viewer on television. Jones is not the type of individual who cowers from doing hard things. He is the exact type of person who will not bend and do what he does not wish.

WHY must Jones be continually excused for being the person he actually IS?
Can you envision ceremony at halftime in AT&T to install Jimmy Johnson the ROH? Do you want to know what that would be like? Well, Johnson would probably get the longest and loudest ovation in the history of the Cowboys. Jones at that little ceremony would be roundly booed. Probably the loudest and longest booing every at any Cowboy game. Jones could not handle that. It would be an absolute MONSTER for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This year. I think Jerry has showed that there will be no Jimmy in the Ring of Honor any year as long as he lives, after reneging on his promise in front of a national audience to induct him when Jimmy was being put in the Hall of Fame. Jerry sooner induct Jimmy Jones than Jimmy Johnson.
Jerry just as soon induct Himself than Jimmy. The longer this goes, the more likely it is we see Jerry in the ring before Jimmy, if ever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you envision ceremony at halftime in AT&T to install Jimmy Johnson the ROH? Do you want to know what that would be like? Well, Johnson would probably get the longest and loudest ovation in the history of the Cowboys. Jones at that little ceremony would be roundly booed. Probably the loudest and longest booing every at any Cowboy game. Jones could not handle that. It would be an absolute MONSTER for him.
More excuses.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry just as soon induct Himself than Jimmy. The longer this goes, the more likely it is we see Jerry in the ring before Jimmy, if ever.
I'm sure he'll have his son induct him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So there is no way curse is being lifted ?
It is a good question. It is an unknown how loyal Stephen Jones is to his father's wishes. And Stephen has the inside track in becoming owner after his parents.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure he'll have his son induct him.
I would not hold my breath if I were you. There is always a deathbed request scenario in which Jones would ask his children to honor his wishes on the matter.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He brought it on himself.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can see Jerry partnering with Geneology.com as his sponsor at his own ring induction ceremony. Huge presser will precede it. Like the Blockchain thing last year.

Big_D

Reaction score
He still won't have access. Jerry will probably be buried at midfield right beneath the star.

MS17

Reaction score
lol @ 'real monster'.

Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw provided Jerry Jones with a golden opportunity in August 2021. Jones publicly accepted the 'mending of the fences' in front of a national audience. It was an excellent opportunity for Jones to spin himself as the hero by doing the right thing. It is almost impossible to BUY PR that genuinely sweet. And one thing Jones is a master of PR and spin.

WHY must Jones be continually excused for being the person he actually IS
I'm incensed by Jerry's snub of Jimmy, but Im just one person. And I think Jerruh's a lowbrow. He's excused just like other billionaires, like his buddies e.g. Robert Kraft, NE Patriots, and that paragon of virtue, Dan Snyder (Commanders).
Jones' excuse is that he's a putz when it comes to football. Perhaps I am wrong.
A few years ago I saw a special on the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, there was a scene where he was introduced to the girls at a practice. The look he gave them. Lascivious comes to mind.
What a guy.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Management basics 101. One of the very first lessons I learned about being a manager was, "If you have an unpleasant thing to do then get it done ASAP. Do not let it linger. It will only get worse." I get it that Jerry Jones had/has a dislike for Jimmy Johnson. I get that. But most of us fans believe that Johnson should be in the ROH. He deserves it. So, a few years (like 5 or 6) after Jimmy left the Dolphins and was obviously not returning to coaching Jones should have put him in the ROF. It would have been uneasy and unpleasant for Jones but it would have been done and over. But NO. Jones balked and refused. And now things are much worse. The first thing most of we fans think of when the ROH is mentioned is "When is Jimmy getting in?" Jones is obligated to deal with the ROH every year and is swamped with questions and criticism about Johnson. It has now become a real monster for Jones to deal with. He postponed an hard task and it is biting him harder and harder all the time.
Yep, Jones has made the topic of the RoH into a negative as a result of his personal grudge.

And actually I think this grudge is more against the fans than Jimmy himself. Jerry cannot handle being told he is wrong by the fans. It's the same thing with the curtains at the Death Star and his insistence on being GM.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry is a petty, egotistical old fool.....Jimmy may have wished for this years ago; but he is in the REAL HOF....so i don't think he really cares now. Says more about Jerry than Jimmy. And i also believe in karma. Shame we have to suffer for Jerry's ego.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Since he got into Canton but not Arlington, Jerry is essentially saying that Jimmys Dolphins legacy was all the difference.

Ok Jerry.

Nice for you that you’ve scared most of the media away from calling you out on anything.