No Jimmy in the ROH this year

Big_D

Reaction score
Funny.. you're so vain is in the radio right now. Jerry definitely thinks that song is about him!

What owner ever gets equal credit with the head coach? He’s a clown and this charade makes it even worse than if he actually just did the right thing and inducted him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Always thought Jerry wanted to win his first true SB without Jimmy’s shadow, and then would induct him.

As my wife always like to say, “Men and their egos.”

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It won’t be Stephens call it’ll be Charlotte - unless Jerry leaves something in his will telling her not too.
Stephen has more power than Charlotte. He’ll take over Jerry’s role when he kicks the bucket. With the Joneses it’s a collaborative effort with Jerry getting the final say. I feel it will be that way when Stephen takes over. Everyone will provide input and he’ll make the final call.

Google: “More and more with the Cowboys these days, the decisions and direction of the organization are about team leaders more than the elder Jones. And the others are clearly led by Stephen Jones, also the director of player personnel, who has emerged as the most powerful voice on the Cowboys.”

Adreme

Reaction score

So petty.

Jerry will add Jimmy to the ROH when Jerry actually makes a Super Bowl. The entire reason he does not want to do it yet is because it would highlight that Jerry has done nothing without Jimmy and Jerry's ego cannot take that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You are Wrong on everything you just posted.
The is the opposite of the truth.
Prove me wrong. Trust me in the words of Ice Cube "I got the little hooker on tape". Go look at all the links to news articles, books, and videos I have posted since this forum began. Example, LA times Jerry Jones said with Jimmy Johnson you get 2 for 1 "Head Coach and GM". You go find it. I already did.

You might not like the truth. But if the truth hurts, you will be in pain. If the truth drives you crazy, you will be insane.

Motorola

Reaction score
It would kill him to have to witness a stadium full of Cowboys fans celebrating that moment with Jimmy.

It's always been about him before the team.
Jones could hold a private ceremony minus fans if he so choose. He has absolute unquestioned autonomy over the process. It is exceedingly doubtful even he would follow through with that option but the possibility cannot be ruled out completely either.
Or - Jones could choose not to be present at the induction "for some *ahem* 'cough' reason" -- and let Stephen and / or Charlotte be in charge of the ceremony.
The ultimate petty snub (second to Johnson not getting in at all).

Motorola

Reaction score
Jerry is "a plastic man--no man at all"
Duane Thomas' quote about Tom Landry during the 1971 offseason - after he requested his contract be written - and Cowboys management refused to renogiate.
(By the way, Thomas turns 76 years old later this month.)

Motorola

Reaction score
Witten, Romo, and Dez will be inducted into the ROH before Johnson.

Rayman70

Reaction score
there was a time when this franchise was run so poorly after Jimmy left us that it rivaled how the country is being run right now. THAT is saying something. At least now we have a fighting chance. It's the Will McClay factor.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry is diminishing the Ring of Honor by not putting Jimmy in there. The funny thing is, we all know Jimmy belongs there and he is in our hearts. Jerry will look even more petty and silly if Jimmy is indicted after Jerry is gone.

quickccc

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson in the Ring of Honor is clearly personal Jerry vs Jimmie matter ... and it will not change until sadly Jerry passes away ..

And even then, could Jerry insist (place in a will?) that his family continue with the barring of Jimmy in ROH ?

It will be up to son Stephen to accept Jerry in, .despite his father's wish to never see this happening. .Personal and Politics

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Jerruh is too dumb to realize that not having Jimmy Johnson in his ROH simply cheapens and demeans what the honor should truly stand for.. The 90's Dynasty was built, nurtured and structured by the hands of Jimmy Johnson.. Yes, he was very hard on his players, and he demanded maximum effort at all times. I still remember a quote from Emmitt when asked about Jimmy's coaching style: "He trims the fat and builds muscle". The Dallas Cowboys as a franchise would only have 2-Super Bowl Lombardi Trophies in their trophy case, won by the great Tom Landry if it weren't for Jimmy, I've seen enough in the last 30 years to be very confident in that statement.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jimmy doesn't need to be on the ROH.
90% of the people know that Jimmy built that team and without his knowledge of the college players Jerry wouldn't of not been able to assemble such a dominant roster.
This just makes Jerry look even more foolish and selfish.

CoachD

Reaction score
When I post a ROH thread I was flagged and deleted. Was told that it was "like beating a dead horse".