No Jimmy in the ROH this year

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has no time to put Jimmy in the Ring of Honor, he's too busy trying to hammer out a contract for Zeke. An obvious snub of someone who is well deserved from an old egotistical fool.:(
LOL...dragging zeke into this? Jeeze.:confused:

Rayman70

Reaction score
what mumrah is doing is evil
OIP.O_esOqkZFbQT2b5Uc4er7QHaId

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I can’t post without you replying to it.

If you keep doing that I’m gonna have to embarrass you.

Keep scrolling when you see my name, k? Your “lol” responses just begging for my attention aren’t going to go how you think.

rambo2

Reaction score
I can’t post without you replying to it.

If you keep doing that I’m gonna have to embarrass you.

Keep scrolling when you see my name, k? Your “lol” responses just begging for my attention aren’t going to go how you think.
The 8 win man. The true anti cowboy.

rags747

Reaction score
He can keep him out of the Ring of Honor forever. Jerry is still the only NFL owner that fired Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson and ran off Bill Parcells. That will always be 3 Hall of Fame NFL Coaches that could not survive Jerry Jones. There is no honor in that fact.
Are you saying that he should not have fired Landry? Landry was well past his Sell By Date when that occurred. Johnson was done at that point, even the players have said it. Parcells had just lost his brother, he was done as well unfortunately.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I guarantee you that Jerry wants to hang a championship banner before he publicly gives Jimmy his due honors.

Honoring Jimmy before Jerry can stake his claim as a legitimate football man is something his ego can never allow.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hopefully Jimmy outlives Jerry so that perhaps Stephen can do the right thing so this won't have to be a posthumous induction.
Even then ...the son could perpetuate the pettiness of his father.
Perhaps daughter Charlotte can step up and do what's right --- and long overdue.

Motorola

Reaction score
Jerry is very immature and this grudge is really pathetic. I'm sure Jimmy's broken up about it. lol
Jimmy --although no doubt disappointed with the situation -- probably has come to grips with how it's going to play out = no ROH induction for him with the current owner in control of the process.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This on-going petty snub says as much about Jerry and his lack of football credibility as the last 28 years of playoff underperformance.

I want the Cowboys to win and always will. The only thing that has made the playoff failures less painful the last 3 decades is knowing Jerry gets another yearly reminder of how great Jimmy was here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This on-going petty snub says as much about Jerry and his lack of football credibility as the last 28 years of playoff underperformance.

I want the Cowboys to win and always will. The only thing that has made the playoff failures less painful the last 3 decades is knowing Jerry gets another yearly reminder of how great Jimmy was here.
The fans understand. Jerry can't stand it. What makes him steadfast is the fact we are the most valued franchise again in 2023. It makes him more hardheaded in his thinking. In his pickled geriatric brain, he is a football guy because of the value. What he can't understand is the 2 things are totally different. Branding isn't the same thing as being a great football guy. Jimmy wasn't great at drafting all the time...ie Miami. He had misses, but he was an elite HC that understood team building and being a winner. Jimmy was a motivator and master at getting in the players head.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The fans understand. Jerry can't stand it. What makes him steadfast is the fact we are the most valued franchise again in 2023. It makes him more hardheaded in his thinking. In his pickled geriatric brain, he is a football guy because of the value. What he can't understand is the 2 things are totally different. Branding isn't the same thing as being a great football guy. Jimmy wasn't great at drafting all the time...ie Miami. He had misses, but he was an elite HC that understood team building and being a winner. Jimmy was a motivator and master at getting in the players head.
I've always maintained that Jerry is actually losing money because he won't hire a GM and get out of the way. Had the Cowboys won a SB or two the last 20 years they would be worth at least 500 million to 1 billion more so that is the price the Cowboys pay for Jerry's ego.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I've always maintained that Jerry is actually losing money because he won't hire a GM and get out of the way. Had the Cowboys won a SB or two the last 20 years they would be worth at least 500 million to 1 billion more so that is the price the Cowboys pay for Jerry's ego.
if Stevie would allow it, Jerry would be wearing a whistle and track suit running practices. I truly believe that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Are you saying that he should not have fired Landry? Landry was well past his Sell By Date when that occurred. Johnson was done at that point, even the players have said it. Parcells had just lost his brother, he was done as well unfortunately.
I am saying what is true. Jimmy was at the Owners meeting and had just hired Tom Ciscowski, and interviewed Mike Zimmer through the Campo connection. After being fired, Jimmy Johnson went to his parents and said Jerry took his team away. So Jimmy being done is revisionist history and untrue.

T.O. (the player), Romo the fumble, and Jerry Jones got Parcells out the door. It was not the lost of his brother. He was ran off by Jerry Dumbo GM Jones making the TO decision and coddling of Romo. He had a succession plan with Sean Payton. But told Sean to take the New Orleans Saints job. You do not retire to the Miami Dolphins as President and hire everyone he left in Dallas after he got Sean to the Saints.

Was Landry really over as a Head Coach or was the roster bare and the injury to Danny White caused him to have 3-13 season with Steve Pathetic Pelluer at QB? Landry was failed by his bad personnel decisions (playing Pelluer as a starting QB) not on field coaching decisions. Remember Landry worst years in the late 80's was 7-9, 7-8, and 3-13. Gil and Tex had already contacted Jimmy Johnson to replace him after the 1989 season but for a Bright Bum. Landry hired George Hill as DC who would have been a transition DC coach for Johnson staff once he got to Dallas, and hired Jerry Rhome as QB and OC assistant to prepare for the 1989 season. So, his coaching mind was still strong.

Keep drinking that 26 year old Jerry Dumbo GM Jones Kool Aid looking for the Arlington Jonesboys to become the Dallas Cowboys..