No love for Crayton?

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
With everyone so enamored with the rumors of veteran receivers wondering about the trade wires, I found it interesting that it seems there is no love for Crayton.

I'm sort of impartial about Crayton. But I think he can get the job done. I like him for a few reasons. He's on the same page as the rest of the offense, mentally. He runs good routes. And he is deceptively fast. He normally catches most everything, too.

So, I'm just wondering why there is no love for Crayton?

He did help us go 13-3 and stepped up to the plate for a Terry Glenn-less Dallas Cowboys.

My heart goes out to, Patrck, because I know he's got to feel this in his gut like a freshly sharpened pencil stabbing him through the kidneys.....

Ouch.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Crayton. I was disappointed in the game he had in the post season but hey I was disappointed in several players and how they played because I expected more from them. This is a new season and I'm counting on guys like Crayton to go out and get the job done this season. I know he can do the job

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think he's a weapon as a #3 WR and slightly behind the curve as a #2.

If that's hate...

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I think the combination of so much talking, and then having what would seem to be his worst game at the most inopportune time really stung a lot of fans. In a what have you done for me lately world, the drops that cost us a playoff game are fresh in everyone's mind and are what we think of when Crayton's name comes up.

Fair or not, that game erases the memory of all the great things he did during the regular season and even some of the great catches he made in that game.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I don't think there'd be any perceived "hate" if Crayton hadn't run his mouth and proceeded to drop the ball, for lack of a better phrase.

SkinsSuck09

Reaction score
I still love you Crayton and don't you dare stop running at the mouth because it gets me amped up for game day as much as TD celebrations do! I do think he is quite average but I think he will be just fine this year. :eek::

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
we wouldn't "hate" his as much if he wouldn't talk so much and then not walk it. also i agree with what Hostile posted 4 posts above

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He's a Serviceable #2 WR, I wouldn't mind an upgrade if possible however.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I just think that other than Kosier, he is probably the weakest starter on the field whether it be offense or defense so that is who everyone is pointing at for an upgrade.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I don't think anyone hates Crayton as much as they love winning the Super Bowl, and if winning the Super Bowl means upgrading Crayton for someone better, then so be it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2176195 said:
He's a Serviceable #2 WR, I wouldn't mind an upgrade if possible however.
I never turn down an upgrade. I'm loyal, but not that loyal.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Hostile;2176168 said:

If that's hate...

Count me in,

Crayton used in these trade scenarios could also be due to the fact that the other team will be needing to fill a void left from trading their own WR. They'll probably also be seeking a proven vet.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me about Crayton (other than his mouth) is that he's a hamstring pull away from having to be the No. 1 receiver.

I like the young receivers on this team (especially Sam Hurd), but if 34-year-old Terrell Owens goes down, things are going to get a little rough.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chief;2176231 said:
The thing that bothers me about Crayton (other than his mouth) is that he's a hamstring pull away from having to be the No. 1 receiver.

I like the young receivers on this team (especially Sam Hurd), but if 34-year-old Terrell Owens goes down, things are going to get a little rough.

:laugh2:

Rough like Titanic or rough like a Rough Rider BB Gun and no BBs to put in it?

dfense

Reaction score
Hostile;2176168 said:

If that's hate...
"That's gold Jerry!"

Your evaluation is right on. Crayton excels in the slot.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I think, like it or not, we need Crayton to be the 2nd,3rd or 4th guy. We need him to do what we ask him to do. I don't think Amendola is ready to take his spot just yet, so we need him to hold it down for now.

I'm rooting for him, because I think all the criticism is a little harsh. I think he'll be better this year than last.

We shall see.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2176377 said:
I think, like it or not, we need Crayton to be the 2nd,3rd or 4th guy. We need him to do what we ask him to do. I don't think Amendola is ready to take his spot just yet, so we need him to hold it down for now.

I'm rooting for him, because I think all the criticism is a little harsh. I think he'll be better this year than last.

We shall see.
Holy cow, be careful. It isn't safe way out there on that limb.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2176152 said:
With everyone so enamored with the rumors of veteran receivers wondering about the trade wires, I found it interesting that it seems there is no love for Crayton.

I'm sort of impartial about Crayton. But I think he can get the job done. I like him for a few reasons. He's on the same page as the rest of the offense, mentally. He runs good routes. And he is deceptively fast. He normally catches most everything, too.

So, I'm just wondering why there is no love for Crayton?

He did help us go 13-3 and stepped up to the plate for a Terry Glenn-less Dallas Cowboys.

My heart goes out to, Patrck, because I know he's got to feel this in his gut like a freshly sharpened pencil stabbing him through the kidneys.....

Ouch.

did i ever tell you my mcgreggor joke?

basically, you can do so many great things and people never take note. but ya bang one goat and suddenly you're mcgreggor the goat banger.

i got more frustrated with his mouth than him dropping a pass. like roy williams, the mouth doesn't help the lack of performance, perceived or otherwise.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;2176168 said:

If that's hate...

this is where i put crayton. one of the best #3's out there, marginal as a 2.

but people need their trade bait to get them through the day and whoever's on the "list" will just be brought up time and time again.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
iceberg;2176388 said:
this is where i put crayton. one of the best #3's out there, marginal as a 2.

but people need their trade bait to get them through the day and whoever's on the "list" will just be brought up time and time again.

I can honestly say that I prefer Patrick Crayton over Roy Williams for this particular team. Roy seems lazy to me, and that's one thing that Crayton is not. Yes, he must eventually burn in hell for dropping that slant pass, but not for the next five years or so. :LOL