No love from NFL Network

DallasInDC

Reaction score
YoMick;2277067 said:
Me too. I dont want any praise until after we win SB.

Absolutely. There are many questions.

SO what team doesn't have some questions? Last I checked, we are one of five 3-0 teams and the defending SB champions looked a lot more iffy against lower level of copmpetition.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
DallasInDC;2277085 said:
IIRC they were all saying they expected us to lose after such an emotional game last week on a short week to prepare for an away game in Lambeau were we had never won before. Now that we beet GB pretty handidly (greater than the score showed) and now we are not a SB caliber team??? Screw em!!!!

But all of them expected the eagles to win coming off the same circumstances.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
theogt;2277053 said:
Remember when nearly all the experts picked Green Bay to win? We embarrassed that team in their own house. Good times.

:lmao2:These so-called "Experts" figured that history would predict a Packers win.

What a bunch of dum-dums. :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;2277107 said:
I am curious. Did you watch any other games today?

I would say everyone has questions. And we do for sure.

Having said that we just beat the team that hosted the nfc championship game, in their building, where no cowboys team has ever won, on a night when romo was trying to do too much and played poorly in the first half.......ending up with 450 yards of offense.

Last week the nitwits and the analysts were not satisfied and nitpicked the defense, this week it will be romo.

I love that it is driving all of these people crazy that we are good and good with good people on our team. All those people keep calling us septembers team as a way of insulting the team. IN the end this team will have to make everyone eat their words. I am enjoying it and looking forward to it.

Yes watched other games. That has NOTHING to do with the concerns about Romo. Not knocking the guy but he does boneheaded "stuff" out there. Yes I love Tony Romo and no I wouldnt take any other QB. He could minimize his poor decisions. I hope that this is part of growing pains. Its early in his career and only 2nd year with Garrett.

DallasInDC;2277108 said:
SO what team doesn't have some questions? Last I checked, we are one of five 3-0 teams and the defending SB champions looked a lot more iffy against lower level of copmpetition.

Again... not talking about other teams. That irrelevant.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
:banghead: I gaurantee that the only way we will get the credit for being a good team is to consistently beat teams like NE did last year. Anything short of that (and a SB victory) we will be a big question mark deserving to be bad mouthed and picked against by all the idiot media pundits. IT does frustrate me only because it detracts from a great victory when you are pumped and the only thing you get is all the "ya buts" especially considering I am staying up past midnight to hear all the coverage.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;2277134 said:
Yes watched other games. That has NOTHING to do with the concerns about Romo. Not knocking the guy but he does boneheaded "stuff" out there. Yes I love Tony Romo and no I wouldnt take any other QB. He could minimize his poor decisions. I hope that this is part of growing pains. Its early in his career and only 2nd year with Garrett.

Again... not talking about other teams. That irrelevant.

Well what other teams do is relevant because every single team in this league has flaws.

And I will take romos play, he tried to do too much twice tonight and the team paid for it, but on the flip side he is so talented that on the road with the game in the balance they call a deep pass play on 3rd and 20 and the guy is so accruate he could have knocked the wing off a mosquito.

and with that play. Game over.

SO I will take our flaws. Everyone has them. We do too, but we find ways to make up for it.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Dallas is graded on another level. If they play perfect next week then the so called experts will want to see it again just to make sure they are a good team. It will never end...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;2277173 said:
Well what other teams do is relevant because every single team in this league has flaws.

And I will take romos play, he tried to do too much twice tonight and the team paid for it, but on the flip side he is so talented that on the road with the game in the balance they call a deep pass play on 3rd and 20 and the guy is so accruate he could have knocked the wing off a mosquito.

and with that play. Game over.

SO I will take our flaws. Everyone has them. We do too, but we find ways to make up for it.

There are "flaws" and then there are "careless mistakes" - Tony does his share of the latter.

I am not making this up. Its just true.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Simply amazing that the Cowboys can go into a hostile environment, win a game they were projected to lose, and then have OUR OWN FANS cry and moan about "Why did Romo throw a TD?" - "How come we can't have a clean game for once?" "How come, how come...wha, wha, wha...this team is not good enough"!

What a bunch of ungrateful people. :cool:

Simply amazing, and embarassing!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;2277204 said:
There are "flaws" and then there are "careless mistakes" - Tony does his share of the latter.

I am not making this up. Its just true.

I am not denying it. He tries to do too much sometimes. He did it tonight. He should have just taken a sack, instead he fumbled.

You should know by now he will do that from time to time.

but if your going to continue to bag on him, make sure he gets the credit for the rest of the game. I watched alot of football today and I didnt see anyone playing quarterback all that well, brees and cutler were good but other than that I would say everyone in this league has flaws and make poor plays now and then.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2277219 said:
If you listen to Deion you're crazy... That guy changes with the wind.

To be more precise, Deion said "Can Tony get through a game without those one or two plays that make you think 'Man, what is this guy doing?'"

I think that is entirely fair and accurate.

You can't tell me that when Tony throws those ints that you don't think the exact same thing.

I love Tony and I'm thrilled he's ours, but the bonehead plays are killer.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Faerluna;2277308 said:
To be more precise, Deion said "Can Tony get through a game without those one or two plays that make you think 'Man, what is this guy doing?'"

I think that is entirely fair and accurate.

You can't tell me that when Tony throws those ints that you don't think the exact same thing.

I love Tony and I'm thrilled he's ours, but the bonehead plays are killer.

What exactely did he "kill" with his bonehead killer play?

I thought the Cowboys won?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Deion was spot-on & very fair. Romo's INT (another end zone int) was brutal, as were some other mistakes. Again we're needing to connect on 3rd & 20 to close out or win games?

Truth be told, none of us has seen a superbowl team make the kinds of mental mistakes Dallas has thru 3 games this season and all of last year.

the good news is the 'boys are 3-0 and can hopefully self-coach themselves to correct this.

jimnabby;2277045 said:
Here's what Deion said (I paraphrase): he had 2 questions at the beginning of the season and he still has the same 2 questions.

1. Can Romo get through a whole game without being a complete doofus?
2. Is the secondary up to the task?

I think that's pretty fair.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
YoMick;2277134 said:
Not knocking the guy but he does boneheaded "stuff" out there. Yes I love Tony Romo and no I wouldnt take any other QB. He could minimize his poor decisions. I hope that this is part of growing pains. Its early in his career and only 2nd year with Garrett.
Imagine how good and consistent we'd be if Romo eliminated just 80% of the bone-headed stuff? that is the frustrating part.... what did Tuna tell him as he left... "never let being good enough be good enough".

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
chinch;2277361 said:
Imagine how good and consistent we'd be if Romo eliminated just 80% of the bone-headed stuff? that is the frustrating part.... what did Tuna tell him as he left... "never let being good enough be good enough".

I don't want to change anything about Romo. His gunslinger mentality is what makes him special. Everyone overlooks his perfect throws and elusiveness, but they harp on his mistakes. I'll a 10/1 awesome play to mistake ratio. He has the confidence to know that they can overcome turnovers.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
5Stars;2277207 said:
Simply amazing that the Cowboys can go into a hostile environment, win a game they were projected to lose, and then have OUR OWN FANS cry and moan about "Why did Romo throw a TD?" - "How come we can't have a clean game for once?" "How come, how come...wha, wha, wha...this team is not good enough"!

What a bunch of ungrateful people. :cool:

Simply amazing, and embarassing!

:hammer:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Of course I think, "*** ROMO!?!?" several times a game. But it's a cliche that exists for so many athletes -- you live and die with them. If you're a Spurs fan, there's a link somewhere in there to Manu and his inevitable mistakes. But you live with them because he's so great.

Favre made a career out of this, btw. It's not like we haven't heard this song before.

I will say this, though: If we're ever to get to a level where we win a Super Bowl and are competing to win more, I wonder if a gun slinger like Romo can win multiple titles. I do think he can win one, if things align properly. But much like Favre, could his gunslinging ways prevent him from stringing several together? But ... that's a battle we're far from worrying about at this point.