No mention of the failed challenge?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett and the official got into it earlier during the Anthony Brown 39 yard PI call. Listen to Troy Aikman in the video. That happened about two series before the Cooper catch. Garrett was still upset that he lost the challenge on the Brown PI call and it came to a head after the Cooper catch. Garrett felt they missed both calls forcing him to have to use two challenges. They clearly missed the Cooper catch but it took slow mo replay to see that he dragged the other foot in bounds. Garrett is lucky he didn’t say anything bad to the female official.

You keep acting as if because the refs needed replay to get it right that somehow proves the Cowboys didn't know until the replay. That's simply not a logical conclusion.

And here's the funny thing …. the video you posted to support your view actually works against your conclusion. The video shows the play occurred on the Cowboys sideline with multiple coaches players and other personnel literally right there where the catch was made. There wasn't a ref in the picture, but there were 20 Cowboy coaches, players, and other personnel right there, all of who immediately signaled that it was a good catch. Nobody on that sideline was shaking their head waiting on the replay. They all saw it and knew.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You keep acting as if because the refs needed replay to get it right that somehow proves the Cowboys didn't know until the replay. That's simply not a logical conclusion.

And here's the funny thing …. the video you posted to support your view actually works against your conclusion. The video shows the play occurred on the Cowboys sideline with multiple coaches players and other personnel literally right there where the catch was made. There wasn't a ref in the picture, but there were 20 Cowboy coaches, players, and other personnel right there, all of who immediately signaled that it was a good catch. Nobody on that sideline was shaking their head waiting on the replay. They all saw it and knew.

No way could anyone on the sidelines conclusively tell if Cooper got both feet in bounds until it was replayed in slow motion. Cooper knew he was in bounds because he could feel his second foot drag the turf. It took a couple of angles on replay to see that the foot dragged. Seems like all you want to do is argue.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way could anyone on the sidelines conclusively tell if Cooper got both feet in bounds until it was replayed in slow motion. Cooper knew he was in bounds because he could feel his second foot drag the turf. It took a couple of angles on replay to see that the foot dragged. Seems like all you want to do is argue.

Sorry, but you don't get to sit at your computer and decide on behalf of other people what they saw and felt and believed from their vantage point literally only a few feet away from the play. It's also pretty silly for you to decide for them that they couldn't see from that close that Cooper drug his foot, Hell, it really wasn't even a drag anyway, his toe didn't just skim the top of the field, it kicked into the ground, and the black balls inside the turf flew up. The video you posted shows that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sorry, but you don't get to sit at your computer and decide on behalf of other people what they saw and felt and believed from their vantage point literally only a few feet away from the play. It's also pretty silly for you to decide for them that they couldn't see from that close that Cooper drug his foot, Hell, it really wasn't even a drag anyway, his toe didn't just skim the top of the field, it kicked into the ground, and the black balls inside the turf flew up. The video you posted shows that.

You might want to go back and rewatch the video. The catch happened down the sidelines away from most of the coaches and players. It wasn’t even clear in real time if Cooper got either foot in bounds. On the replay you could see that his first foot just got in and that he dragged his second foot. Watch the shot of Garrett looking up at the video monitor of the replay. As soon as he saw Cooper got both feet in bounds he challenged the call. That shot of Garrett looking up at the monitor proves he didn’t know Cooper got both feet in bounds until he saw the replay. LOL If you want to keep making yourself look foolish go ahead!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You might want to go back and rewatch the video. The catch happened down the sidelines away from most of the coaches and players. It wasn’t even clear in real time if Cooper got either foot in bounds. On the replay you could see that his first foot just got in and that he dragged his second foot. Watch the shot of Garrett looking up at the video monitor of the replay. As soon as he saw Cooper got both feet in bounds he challenged the call. That shot of Garrett looking up at the monitor proves he didn’t know Cooper got both feet in bounds until he saw the replay. LOL If you want to keep making yourself look foolish go ahead!
I watched it several times, and there was all sorts of Cowboy personnel right on top of it. Not most of the players, but a handful, and several coaches, including Kellen Moore who threw up his hands when he saw the call.

As for Garrett looking up at the video monitor, I have to laugh again because you are actually arguing against yourself by saying that. You are arguing that Garrett had no idea and had to be goaded into throwing the flag by the official, yet you are saying Garrett looked at the monitor and knew what it showed before he threw the flag.

You are so adamant about fabricating this argument, you are getting twisted up and showing and writing things that argue against you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I watched it several times, and there was all sorts of Cowboy personnel right on top of it. Not most of the players, but a handful, and several coaches, including Kellen Moore who threw up his hands when he saw the call.

As for Garrett looking up at the video monitor, I have to laugh again because you are actually arguing against yourself by saying that. You are arguing that Garrett had no idea and had to be goaded into throwing the flag by the official, yet you are saying Garrett looked at the monitor and knew what it showed before he threw the flag.

You are so adamant about fabricating this argument, you are getting twisted up and showing and writing things that argue against you.

You're dreaming if you think anyone on the sidelines could clearly tell that Cooper got both feet in bounds. His first foot was within an inch of the white line and you needed slo mo replay to see that foot clearly got in. You absolutely needed slo mo replay to see him drag his second foot in bounds. No one on the sidelines reacted to it being a catch until Cooper reacted to it being a catch. The challenge Garrett got baited into was the 39 yard PI call against Brown. I clarified that earlier in the thread but you're too busy looking for something to argue about to read my posts. Garrett and the official got into it over the Brown PI call. The official snapped at Garrett saying if you don't like the call then challenge it.

He antagonized Garrett, baiting him into challenging it. Garrett probably realized that he made a mistake by challenging it and that it was a challenge he would lose costing the team a valuable time out. This angered him even more knowing he got baited into making that challenge and it boiled over on the Cooper catch two series later. As soon as Garrett saw the replay that Cooper clearly got both feet in he looked back at the official as if to say "I may have lost the last challenge but I'm not losing this one" and proceeded to slam the challenge flag down and curse. This was all a result of what happened two series earlier on the Brown PI. If you're not sharp enough to figure out the sequence of events that led to Garrett's unsportsmanlike penalty that's on you and it's pretty laughable to claim that players and coaches on the sidelines could clearly see that Cooper got both feet in bounds in real time without the aid of replay. LOL

RoboQB

Reaction score
Right, I was referring to the first challenge on the PI call on Brown. That was a poor decision because there was no way they were going to overturn that call. We all know the standard that has been set on PI calls even Garrett said the standard is very high. It was a stupid challenge and it ended up costing us a time out. Garrett was still stewing over that and it boiled over on the Cooper catch. He felt the officials should have gotten the call right on the field so he didn’t have to use a challenge.

Right. Now that you've untangled what you said, you're all caught up... lol

I agree with your post. He threw the first one, looking like he knew he'd lose.
Yet, he threw it anyway. When you look at the Gallup non-call later in the game,
it's the same ref in the TV shot looking right at it with no call.

Personally, I liked that he went off after the Cooper play. Again , that ref is right down
the sideline, exactly where he's supposed to be and he calls out of bounds. Total BS
on the part of that referee.

Dre11

Reaction score
contact before the ball gets there is the literal definition of pass interference.

Lol...are we revisiting this after watching the new england/giants game and that's after replay....lol again the refs are thumbing their nose up to the coaches for fighting for instant replay of calls. This was over the top, but they allow contact. Just not impeding the wr.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Lol...are we revisiting this after watching the new england/giants game and that's after replay....lol again the refs are thumbing their nose up to the coaches for fighting for instant replay of calls. This was over the top, but they allow contact. Just not impeding the wr.

If anything that proves even more that the first challenge was useless. No way that was getting overturned, which is what I've been saying from the beginning. If anything I would say it's probable that even with a challenge the pick by Kevin King probably wouldn't have gotten overturned either. Still with it being a turnover you don't have anything to lose at that point.

Dre11

Reaction score
If anything that proves even more that the first challenge was useless. No way that was getting overturned, which is what I've been saying from the beginning. If anything I would say it's probable that even with a challenge the pick by Kevin King probably wouldn't have gotten overturned either. Still with it being a turnover you don't have anything to lose at that point.

You had to challenge the 40 yard gain at that point in the game too. We needed the ball back.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
That was a very poor challenge call. There was no way it was going to get overturned. Because of that challenge, Garrett didn't have one available when Gallup was literally pulled down on the interception.
There has been several articles in sports columns that the PI challenge is big waste, they havent reversed one call yet, meaning refs are not accepting mistake . One happened in TNF foot ball yday too, Gints coach challenged and was not given, should have been easy one. So until the refs come clean , there is no use challenging

Dre11

Reaction score

I was saying.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You had to challenge the 40 yard gain at that point in the game too. We needed the ball back.

I disagree. The turnover was more important and more egregious. That being said, it doesn't seem like it matters cause the refs aren't changing the call anyway.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

"After that exchange with the official, really Dallas might end up with a 1st and 25 ... The pressure in mounting on the Dallas Cowboys, it certainly is for Jason Garrett. "

Finally .

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
We all need to stop with the excuses. I used to wake up KNOWING the Cowboys would win...and that was without a "challenge."