Twitter: No Micah on NFLPA All Pro Team

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
By all accounts Micah is a weird dude. Going to be interesting to see his continued storyline in the league.

Next year is a big year for him. My personal opinion on Micah is that I'm not certain about his next contract. He's AMAZING right now but I have questions about his longevity full time at edge. And next year need to see how he impacts the locker room. I don't know how Micah responds to adversity yet.
Agreed...in fact, I'm shocked he's held us this long on the edge. To me, they got to start moving him to a fulltime MLBer or Rover who CAN rush the passer.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I disagree and watch plenty
Well, watch without our shared Cowboys bias. They are better. They are MUCH MUCH better against the run and they are game changers/wreckers ALL 4 QUARTERS for their teams. Anyone who says this has been true of Micah the last 2 months is watching previous highlights.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Well, watch without our shared Cowboys bias. They are better. They are MUCH MUCH better against the run and they are game changers/wreckers ALL 4 QUARTERS for their teams. Anyone who says this has been true of Micah the last 2 months is watching previous highlights.
I don't like his podcast or social media remarks but he's young and will learn.

Nobody get there faster. NOBODY

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I don't like his podcast or social media remarks but he's young and will learn.

Nobody get there faster. NOBODY
That we agree on...he's a beast. But much like Jordan, you can be a superior athlete...but you can't rely on the refs to call "foul" against the Pistons. You have to retool and "figure" it out. Can't do that when you spend your evenings watching and scouting other teams. There are people who are PAID to do that and that's there focus. His focus should be singular when it comes to football...PLAYING. Not commentating...PLAYING.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Ah, okay. I knew I heard he was over 100 pressures and that's PFF's scale. Wonder what they're adding beyond PFR's.
there are stats all over the place. Honestly it's kind of silly. There are 4 all pro spots (first and second team) and 5 players who all deserve it. Myles Garrett, IMO, is the one who is the LOCK number 1. From there take your pick of Micah, Bosa, Watt and Crosby. Each fan base is going to say their guy. I don't think there is a right answer.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I mention this in the "OMG, 46 Quarters!" arguments. People have talked of his late season declines every single year he's been in the league but someone posts a Tweet of a number occurring in the tail end of the season with zero context and it's automatic "outrage," no questions asked.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Agreed...in fact, I'm shocked he's held us this long on the edge. To me, they got to start moving him to a fulltime MLBer or Rover who CAN rush the passer.
Agree. I always felt they should use him a little more like Matthews. Heck - if you want to throw exotic zone blitzes in there, Micah is acutally excellent in coverage as well.

Brooksey

Reaction score
That we agree on...he's a beast. But much like Jordan, you can be a superior athlete...but you can't rely on the refs to call "foul" against the Pistons. You have to retool and "figure" it out. Can't do that when you spend your evenings watching and scouting other teams. There are people who are PAID to do that and that's there focus. His focus should be singular when it comes to football...PLAYING. Not commentating...PLAYING.
Young and dumb for sure but the most talented edge/pressure guy in the league. He'll never be an off the ball LB.

Without Micah Parsons, we don't win the NFC East, we're not playing a home playoff game at best a WC if we're lucky.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed. And the reason no one is mentioning here is because Crosby and Garrett are also elite run stoppers, not just elite pass rushers. It's not just all about sacks and pressure. (As good as #11 can be with that.)
Yeah I didn’t know they considered them all to play the same position. It’s reasonable to have both in front of him.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Young and dumb for sure but the most talented edge/pressure guy in the league. He'll never be an off the ball LB.

Without Micah Parsons, we don't win the NFC East, we're not playing a home playoff game at best a WC if we're lucky.
I do agree that his impact doesn't always show up on the stat sheet. But then he should focus on IMPACT...and WINNING. Not stats and meaningless lists that evaporate by the end of the week. It's that immaturity you speak of...and he talks like he's the lone adult in the room. That is what bothers me...he's assumed what he should EARN. And being the grown up is not about stats...it's about PERSPECTIVE. To me, he's lost it.

CoachD

Reaction score
If I was Micah Parsons I would be a man on a mission................ok you wanna leave me off then I guess I'm gonna have to dominate every playoff game from here on out!

erod

Reaction score
Even the players are tired of his podcast.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tough break. Micah is clearly a game changer but you only have 2 slots and Myles Garrett and Maxx Crosby are also phenomenal.
That does make it tough. They got Aubrey on there as it should be, so all is forgiven.

vicjagger

Reaction score
That's because there is no opening at his position They are going to have to create a new one. Might as well name it after him.

HanD

Reaction score
Hopefully Micah takes this out on our playoff opponents.
cropped-fast_times_ridgemont_1982_106.jpg

nathanlt

Reaction score
On the one hand, I'm disappointed for all the talent Micah has, he is held back from the All Pro team. Somehow, that's fitting, given how offensive lineman have held him all year.

And yet, on the other hand, I'm going to enjoy watching Jordan Love and other QB's pay the price for Micah being snubbed.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
OK SO I'LL SAY IT!! These guys are better Watt is better, yes he gets pressure, but that's just pressure, is it actually causing the QB to make a bad throw etc? Often times with his speed he's just running up the field and the QB is running right past him!!

There's a reason why he wasn't picked!!! Can't just go off being hyped from every commentator or person around the league, he has to be a bit more effective getting to the QB!! There was that point in the game where he didn't have a sack