No OL They Like or Trading Partners - Then What?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
To get real value with the 24 pick the Cowboy's brain trust must trade out of the pick and gain a possible HIGH 2nd plus a third or fourth to go with it. JJ has to wipe the stink off of last year's NFL draft by drafting smarter this time around.
Please post this again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
There are zero LBs expected to go in the first round.
There's not a lot but don't say there's zero they're literally at 24 is far less of a reach when that's only seven spots before you're in the second round to say there's at least one or two that might be worth taking because you can also get 5 deep on some of the centers I mean if we really want to go into this they absolutely should take the best player available and the person we need the most to impact this year depends on the grade they have... I see linebackers still in play at 24 but they may trade out into the second round and get a linebacker Anna center and or a running back.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024...backer class lacks,what teams are looking for.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know but if your picking between overdrafting an OL or a LB your value may be better at LB as the OL could be a big overdraft.
That is why a lot of people are predicting them trading into the second round if they get a really good trade partner you can get two positions in the second plus whatever extra pick they pick up later... As a fan it would be very boring and I would hate it that is they trade out of the first round we have no pick today and we come out today like the rest of the offseason with nothing but it will be interesting to watch..

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Probably time for another ST draft. The class of 2009 is all retired and awaiting entry into the Hall of Fame.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Depends who is on the board and how we rate them but some options should be:

Wiggins- CB
Verse- DE
Brian Thomas jr- WR
Newton- DL

fivetwos

Reaction score
Who knows what could happen, or who could slide?

Four years ago, who figured Lamb would be there?

It’s tough though to expect to find immediate quality starters while picking late and not having extra picks.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This could happen tonight! Who are your players you like?

Hypothetical question

If a great trade opportunity came available for a veteran player, would we even be able to make it the trade without the cap space being available?

Or would we be allowed time to create the space available at a later time?

Just curious.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Darius Robinson would actually be an awesome pick IMO. Could replace Tank next year and is a really physical presence. Cooper DeJean or Nate Wiggins at corner, Chop Robinson at edge rusher, there’s a few that could surprise people.

That being said, I hope OL is there.
Robinson is slow. 4.95 40 not good for an edge rusher.

Mitch

Reaction score
Good thing is we often have a different ranking of OL than the public opinion and other teams and have been right most of the time in the last years. So it could very well be that our first or second choice is available even if 4 or 5 OL players are already picked.