No OL They Like or Trading Partners - Then What?

Carson

Reaction score
I like what Nick Harris did in his mock today. I would be very happy

Trade down with KC

(32) Jordan Morgan
(56) Johnathon Brooks
(87) Jalen McMillen
(95) Trevin Wallace

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I have a hard time envisioning that between Mims,Fraizer,Barton,JPJ or even Guyton that one of them are not going to be available and Ive literally heard all those names I think JP Morgan as well. trade down if no takers then LB or DT should be there
Supposedly around 9 will probably be selected in the first round. That means a good offensive lineman will be there.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Depends who is on the board and how we rate them but some options should be:

Wiggins- CB
Verse- DE
Brian Thomas jr- WR
Newton- DL
why would we draft a CB? Bland and Diggs have that spot locked down for the next 5 years, no?

We need OL, LB, RB, DL.... dbs are a strength on this team, arent they?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
why would we draft a CB? Bland and Diggs have that spot locked down for the next 5 years, no?

We need OL, LB, RB, DL.... dbs are a strength on this team, arent they?
Love bland and diggs but it takes more than 2. I'm not a lewis fan but he can be the 4th. Also I don't know they will want to pay bland so if a guy is there they like I have no problem taking one. Also no issue if you want to prioritize other positions. I'm looking at draft boards and seeing who's available when we pick within the OP's parameters. Personally I want a center maybe trade down and get one.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Tons of teams will want to trade up. OL and WR prospects will be getting picked over around 24 and someone will get antsy.

The problem with the OL guys that will likely be left at 24 is the Cowboys don’t seem to like them enough to avoid the trade down. Guys like JPJ, Guyton and any of the RT prospects would only be targeted by the Cowboys in a trade down.

I think Fautanu and Barton are 1a and 1b hopes at 24 with Mims a wild card. Unless those guys are available, there will absolutely be a trade down.
Aren’t Fautanu’s medicals suspect?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Take the BPA at any of the high $$$ roster positions. Dont worry about immediate roster fit. It will work itself out within 1-2 seasons.

toto1939

Reaction score
Time running out to trade Dak and get whatever draft choice we can. Everything else doesn't matter - as long as we have a QB who chokes in the playoffs, this team isn't going to come close to sniffing another Super Bowl.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Love bland and diggs but it takes more than 2. I'm not a lewis fan but he can be the 4th. Also I don't know they will want to pay bland so if a guy is there they like I have no problem taking one. Also no issue if you want to prioritize other positions. I'm looking at draft boards and seeing who's available when we pick within the OP's parameters. Personally I want a center maybe trade down and get one.
Because it is a passing league, while we give up 200+ yards rushing against good teams.

What good does is it to have 3 all pro corners and 2 all pro safeties, and the NFL sack leader if you can't stop the run.

Please help me understand.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Robinson is slow. 4.95 40 not good for an edge rusher.
QBs are rarely 40 yards deep so it's irrelevant. It's about getting off the ball and getting 3-6 yards. Some guys are really quick but not fast. I have no idea about this guy, just saying a 40 time is irrelevant in his ability to rush the passer.

Chasing6

Reaction score
QBs are rarely 40 yards deep so it's irrelevant. It's about getting off the ball and getting 3-6 yards. Some guys are really quick but not fast. I have no idea about this guy, just saying a 40 time is irrelevant in his ability to rush the passer.
3 cone drill more important.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because it is a passing league, while we give up 200+ yards rushing against good teams.

What good does is it to have 3 all pro corners and 2 all pro safeties, and the NFL sack leader if you can't stop the run.

Please help me understand.
Didn't you just say it's a passing league? Really any decent offense that faces Bland, diggs coming off injury, and little lewis isn't worried about the Cowboys CB's.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Didn't you just say it's a passing league? Really any decent offense that faces Bland, diggs coming off injury, and little lewis isn't worried about the Cowboys CB's.
It is a passing league, until the playoffs start. Have you not paid attention to the results.

When we lose, regular season and or playoffs, it is typically because we got gashed in the run game.

Good teams do not attack your strengths. They attack your weaknesses.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is a passing league, until the playoffs start. Have you not paid attention to the results.

When we lose, regular season and or playoffs, it is typically because we got gashed in the run game.

Good teams do not attack your strengths. They attack your weaknesses.
Jordan Love had 272 passing yards and 3td's. Passing defense wasn't a strength. That doesn't mean run defense was good. The entire defense was weak, so was the offense. I also didn't say they had to take a CB, it was only 1 of several options I would be looking at if like the OP suggested there was no OL available at this pick. I also named a DE and DL that might be available.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jordan Love had 272 passing yards and 3td's. Passing defense wasn't a strength. That doesn't mean run defense was good. The entire defense was weak, so was the offense. I also didn't say they had to take a CB, it was only 1 of several options I would be looking at if like the OP suggested there was no OL available at this pick. I also named a DE and DL that might be available.
Most likely if nothing available we are trading back. We typically tip our hand with our 30 visits.

OLine, RB and LB are our priorities.

Crazy to me we only had 1 DT visit.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
They could go for a position we’re not really desperate for, but might be the BPA on their board, like -

Xavier Worthy - WR
Cooper Dejean - DB

They could have a QB like Bo Nix high on their board, but I doubt they make that pick, despite how entertaining it would be.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They could go for a position we’re not really desperate for, but might be the BPA on their board, like -

Xavier Worthy - WR
Cooper Dejean - DB

They could have a QB like Bo Nix high on their board, but I doubt they make that pick, despite how entertaining it would be.
They could, but we have way too many holes to do that. FA is supposed to fill your holes, so you can go BPA.