No one has just come out and said it. Dak is not Wentz or Goff

RonnieT24

Reaction score
With the news that Dak is the only QB from his draft class to have not been traded, benched or cut the inevitable "See this is why the Cowboys shouldn't pay Dak" murmurs have started to creep up. Dak has always been compared to those two clowns and really all the QBs in his class. But mostly those two. Those two were the first to get the big contracts which shifted all eyes toward Dak. The detractors cited the fact that the Cowboys had NOT give Dak a similar deal as proof that the Cowboys didn't think Dak was as good as those two stooges. Puhlease.

Dak is not only better than both of them but he simply is nothing like them beginning with his mental make up. The dude's mom died of cancer when he was a junior in college. And he played the next game on the schedule. He's simply mentally tougher than those two put together. He endured that beating in Atlanta when Chaz Green was making Adrian Claiborne look like Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one and came back to lead the team to a three game win streak AND to a division title the very next year. A lot of QBs never recover from a beating like that and spend the rest of their career seeing ghosts.

Since they all came into the league there has been this consistent drum beat that those guys are better passers than Dak.. Yet there is literally no objective measure you can find that shows that to be true.. Dak's passing numbers over the course of his career are hands down better.. and unlike those two, Dak is still an ascending player. Dak started his career playing in a somewhat scaled down offense and has had his responsibilities increase every year. The other two had their responsibilities ramp up until their coaches realized that they were idiots and had the coaches put the training wheels back on.

I am not going to sit here and proclaim that I know positively that the Cowboys will or will not sign Dak Prescott.. but we as a fan base as well as the mediots need to let go of using what has happened with other QBs as a cautionary tale for what the Cowboys need to do with him. He's not wired like those other guys.. He just isn't. Maybe he's not talented enough to carry a team with a 30 something ranked defense to the playoffs.. but I'd bet my house he's talented enough to get there with a top 12-15 type defense .. and do some damage when he gets there. And no before you ask I didn't think he was good enough in 2019. But he took his game up several notches in 2020. So my mind will be at ease if they sign him tomorrow that he's not going to go out like Wentz or Goff nor is he going to try and b1tch his way out of town like Watson or Rodgers. I don't think he's wired that way. I could be wrong.. but I have not seen that in him to this point.

Hardline

Reaction score
With the news that Dak is the only QB from his draft class to have not been traded, benched or cut the inevitable "See this is why the Cowboys shouldn't pay Dak" murmurs have started to creep up. Dak has always been compared to those two clowns and really all the QBs in his class. But mostly those two. Those two were the first to get the big contracts which shifted all eyes toward Dak. The detractors cited the fact that the Cowboys had NOT give Dak a similar deal as proof that the Cowboys didn't think Dak was as good as those two stooges. Puhlease.

Dak is not only better than both of them but he simply is nothing like them beginning with his mental make up. The dude's mom died of cancer when he was a junior in college. And he played the next game on the schedule. He's simply mentally tougher than those two put together. He endured that beating in Atlanta when Chaz Green was making Adrian Claiborne look like Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one and came back to lead the team to a three game win streak AND to a division title the very next year. A lot of QBs never recover from a beating like that and spend the rest of their career seeing ghosts.

Since they all came into the league there has been this consistent drum beat that those guys are better passers than Dak.. Yet there is literally no objective measure you can find that shows that to be true.. Dak's passing numbers over the course of his career are hands down better.. and unlike those two, Dak is still an ascending player. Dak started his career playing in a somewhat scaled down offense and has had his responsibilities increase every year. The other two had their responsibilities ramp up until their coaches realized that they were idiots and had the coaches put the training wheels back on.

I am not going to sit here and proclaim that I know positively that the Cowboys will or will not sign Dak Prescott.. but we as a fan base as well as the mediots need to let go of using what has happened with other QBs as a cautionary tale for what the Cowboys need to do with him. He's not wired like those other guys.. He just isn't. Maybe he's not talented enough to carry a team with a 30 something ranked defense to the playoffs.. but I'd bet my house he's talented enough to get there with a top 12-15 type defense .. and do some damage when he gets there. And no before you ask I didn't think he was good enough in 2019. But he took his game up several notches in 2020. So my mind will be at ease if they sign him tomorrow that he's not going to go out like Wentz or Goff nor is he going to try and b1tch his way out of town like Watson or Rodgers. I don't think he's wired that way. I could be wrong.. but I have not seen that in him to this point.
Can you sum this up in one paragraph?

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Umm, I think people on this board have been saying exactly this for some time now.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No one has just come out and said it. Dak is NOT Wentz or Goff

By no one you really mean almost everyone or do you not open many Dak threads?

So much this.

LOL! Okay maybe I just see too much of that noise on other social media platforms. I realize a good percentage of this board realizes that Dak is different.. But let's not pretend that there is not that element that keeps rooting for the Cowboys to let Dak walk and can't wait to have ABD (Anybody But Dak) under center.

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL! Okay maybe I just see too much of that noise on other social media platforms. I realize a good percentage of this board realizes that Dak is different.. But let's not pretend that there is not that element that keeps rooting for the Cowboys to let Dak walk and can't wait to have ABD (Anybody But Dak) under center.
Yeah, all 6 of them.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak is good....

Yeah if anything all the turmoil at the QB position this offseason should remind everyone just how difficult it is to find a franchise QB and why if you have one you hold on for dear life! Just think about it.. Cam, Winston, Stafford and Goff were all #1 overall picks.. Each one has been jettisoned by the team that drafted him. Wentz and Darnold were #2 overall picks and both are in danger of being sent packing as well. With all that evidence in front of us we still have people claiming that we should dump Dak and draft the latest "can't miss kid" and that will solve all our problems.. .. on defense.. GTOFH!!!

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The sad truth is it doesn't matter if Dak is Wentz or Goff.

While so many here obsess over the QB, the Cowboys haven't had a complete team since Jimmy's leftovers won SB XXX.

Jerry & Stephen are incapable of putting together a championship team. Delude yourselves if you must but 25 years of nothing tell me all I need to know about them.

They are incompetent. No other NFL team would hire either of them to fill their lofty (self-appointed) roles. They've turned the Cowboys into a joke.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah if anything all the turmoil at the QB position this offseason should remind everyone just how difficult it is to find a franchise QB and why if you have one you hold on for dear life! Just think about it.. Cam, Winston, Stafford and Goff were all #1 overall picks.. Each one has been jettisoned by the team that drafted him. Wentz and Darnold were #2 overall picks and both are in danger of being sent packing as well. With all that evidence in front of us we still have people claiming that we should dump Dak and draft the latest "can't miss kid" and that will solve all our problems.. .. on defense.. GTOFH!!!

Damn I forgot about Mariota being shown the door in Tennessee. So many can't miss prospects have managed to miss .. badly..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The sad truth is it doesn't matter if Dak is Wentz or Goff.

While so many here obsess over the QB, the Cowboys haven't had a complete team since Jimmy's leftovers won SB XXX.

Jerry & Stephen are incapable of putting together a championship team. Delude yourselves if you must but 25 years of nothing tell me all I need to know about them.

They are incompetent. No other NFL team would hire either of them to fill their lofty (self-appointed) roles. They've turned the Cowboys into a joke.

I'm not sure anybody in the NFL has had a complete team since the salary cap and free agency took hold. Continuity became a thing of the past the day that deal was signed. There has been horrible flaws that needed to be covered up on just about every team since then. And it's not about to change anytime soon.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

200.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh there's more than that.. but yeah.. there is that core group of anti-Dak ringleaders.. Henceforth to be known as "The Simple Six."

I'd be honored to be a member of the Simple Six. But I don't think "The Simple One" (leader of the simple six) would invite me in. I could be wrong, but I think there are 5 more qualified. Despite all that I never said or thought Goff or Wentz was better than Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, all 6 of them.

You wish it was only 6......:muttley:...speaking of 6 make it weeks now till you and the rest of the Dak employees go to your corners without a long term deal....