No one has just come out and said it. Dak is not Wentz or Goff

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL! Okay maybe I just see too much of that noise on other social media platforms. I realize a good percentage of this board realizes that Dak is different.. But let's not pretend that there is not that element that keeps rooting for the Cowboys to let Dak walk and can't wait to have ABD (Anybody But Dak) under center.
That element that wants ABD is worthy of being ignored.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can HardHeaded, Dak is the real deal. With a ****** consistently *** defense, an incompetent HC, a lack of offensive weapons early on he still has led the NFL in passing yardage. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Another King of the passing yards.....

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyRBYr7TZH5ZnRbvyWPDkzrkvUjjF9pzoUbg&usqp=CAU

Don't be surprised when Dak has a similar fate....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
With the news that Dak is the only QB from his draft class to have not been traded, benched or cut the inevitable "See this is why the Cowboys shouldn't pay Dak" murmurs have started to creep up. Dak has always been compared to those two clowns and really all the QBs in his class. But mostly those two. Those two were the first to get the big contracts which shifted all eyes toward Dak. The detractors cited the fact that the Cowboys had NOT give Dak a similar deal as proof that the Cowboys didn't think Dak was as good as those two stooges. Puhlease.

Dak is not only better than both of them but he simply is nothing like them beginning with his mental make up. The dude's mom died of cancer when he was a junior in college. And he played the next game on the schedule. He's simply mentally tougher than those two put together. He endured that beating in Atlanta when Chaz Green was making Adrian Claiborne look like Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one and came back to lead the team to a three game win streak AND to a division title the very next year. A lot of QBs never recover from a beating like that and spend the rest of their career seeing ghosts.

Since they all came into the league there has been this consistent drum beat that those guys are better passers than Dak.. Yet there is literally no objective measure you can find that shows that to be true.. Dak's passing numbers over the course of his career are hands down better.. and unlike those two, Dak is still an ascending player. Dak started his career playing in a somewhat scaled down offense and has had his responsibilities increase every year. The other two had their responsibilities ramp up until their coaches realized that they were idiots and had the coaches put the training wheels back on.

I am not going to sit here and proclaim that I know positively that the Cowboys will or will not sign Dak Prescott.. but we as a fan base as well as the mediots need to let go of using what has happened with other QBs as a cautionary tale for what the Cowboys need to do with him. He's not wired like those other guys.. He just isn't. Maybe he's not talented enough to carry a team with a 30 something ranked defense to the playoffs.. but I'd bet my house he's talented enough to get there with a top 12-15 type defense .. and do some damage when he gets there. And no before you ask I didn't think he was good enough in 2019. But he took his game up several notches in 2020. So my mind will be at ease if they sign him tomorrow that he's not going to go out like Wentz or Goff nor is he going to try and b1tch his way out of town like Watson or Rodgers. I don't think he's wired that way. I could be wrong.. but I have not seen that in him to this point.

If Dak is so damn good why was he 9-11 in the 20 games before his injury? Stop with all the BS Dak love as he is an average QB that compiles garbage time stats.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He’s closer to Deshaun Watson than he is Goff or Wentz. And I think Watson is a little bit overrated, but people wanna build a franchise around Watson, and Dak isn’t much different. Now, he’s no Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson or Brady, but not a lot of people are.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With the news that Dak is the only QB from his draft class to have not been traded, benched or cut the inevitable "See this is why the Cowboys shouldn't pay Dak" murmurs have started to creep up. Dak has always been compared to those two clowns and really all the QBs in his class. But mostly those two. Those two were the first to get the big contracts which shifted all eyes toward Dak. The detractors cited the fact that the Cowboys had NOT give Dak a similar deal as proof that the Cowboys didn't think Dak was as good as those two stooges. Puhlease.

Dak is not only better than both of them but he simply is nothing like them beginning with his mental make up. The dude's mom died of cancer when he was a junior in college. And he played the next game on the schedule. He's simply mentally tougher than those two put together. He endured that beating in Atlanta when Chaz Green was making Adrian Claiborne look like Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one and came back to lead the team to a three game win streak AND to a division title the very next year. A lot of QBs never recover from a beating like that and spend the rest of their career seeing ghosts.

Since they all came into the league there has been this consistent drum beat that those guys are better passers than Dak.. Yet there is literally no objective measure you can find that shows that to be true.. Dak's passing numbers over the course of his career are hands down better.. and unlike those two, Dak is still an ascending player. Dak started his career playing in a somewhat scaled down offense and has had his responsibilities increase every year. The other two had their responsibilities ramp up until their coaches realized that they were idiots and had the coaches put the training wheels back on.

I am not going to sit here and proclaim that I know positively that the Cowboys will or will not sign Dak Prescott.. but we as a fan base as well as the mediots need to let go of using what has happened with other QBs as a cautionary tale for what the Cowboys need to do with him. He's not wired like those other guys.. He just isn't. Maybe he's not talented enough to carry a team with a 30 something ranked defense to the playoffs.. but I'd bet my house he's talented enough to get there with a top 12-15 type defense .. and do some damage when he gets there. And no before you ask I didn't think he was good enough in 2019. But he took his game up several notches in 2020. So my mind will be at ease if they sign him tomorrow that he's not going to go out like Wentz or Goff nor is he going to try and b1tch his way out of town like Watson or Rodgers. I don't think he's wired that way. I could be wrong.. but I have not seen that in him to this point.

I can 100% positively say that the Cowboys will sign Dak.

Dre11

Reaction score
If Dak is so damn good why was he 9-11 in the 20 games before his injury? Stop with all the BS Dak love as he is an average QB that compiles garbage time stats.

Stop with the bs, how many of those games Dak was on the field by himself?

csirl

Reaction score
Both Goff and Wentz have been to the SB (while Wentz didnt play in it, he was the starting QB for most of Philty's wins that season).

If the 2 x QBs in that draft class who had success get traded for not being good enough, what does it say about the rest?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because of a horrible defense and an equally horrible HC. Duh.

ondaedg

Reaction score

I'm personally not sold that Goff and Wentz are bad QBs. I think one of the two puts up solid numbers this year. Dak is still my qb though.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh there's more than that.. but yeah.. there is that core group of anti-Dak ringleaders.. Henceforth to be known as "The Simple Six."
Oooooooohhh, I like that!!! Excellent moniker!!

Yeah, I wasn't interested enough to count, so I just picked the number that sounded right. 6 just hit the spot!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
You wish it was only 6......:muttley:...speaking of 6 make it weeks now till you and the rest of the Dak employees go to your corners without a long term deal....
You're not even bright enough to figure out that I think Dak is only OK. I mean, I've told you, but you appear to be incapable of taking in coherent thought.

Simple Six

Half Dozen Dotards

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm personally not sold that Goff and Wentz are bad QBs. I think one of the two puts up solid numbers this year. Dak is still my qb though.
Goff is an average QB.

Wentz? Who really knows. He's been great, he's been terrible.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s closer to Deshaun Watson than he is Goff or Wentz. And I think Watson is a little bit overrated, but people wanna build a franchise around Watson, and Dak isn’t much different. Now, he’s no Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson or Brady, but not a lot of people are.
Interesting comparison because when they were in college, Prescott was referred to as Deshaun Lite. Their games were every similar except Watson had better weapons.

Ronnie is right, there is no QB in the NFL that is mentally tougher than Prescott. He was raised that way, to believe in himself when few others did. How many QB's in the NFL couldn't win the QB1 job outright in high school, college and the NFL but once they got it, never relinquished it. Dan Mullen, his college coach, was asked about how unusual that was and he simple said "if he'd played like that, he would have already won the job". It is as if competition doesn't exist for him until it's in a game.

blueblood70

Reaction score

IM sorry but dont see a big difference between any of the 3 , add in other tier 2 players like Carr, Cousins, etc etc the level of play isnt much different other then style of PLAY IMHO..

Now if you are saying a better mental makeup and character etc, sure but thats not a reason to just pay all his demands. Most on here have no issue signing Dak long term but have their opinions on his limits to the contract ie where the line is drwan so we dont end up like these other teams QB situations..

fans media etc are making far too big a deal about this..he will or wont be signed either way one half will be happy the other will be critical of his every move..

its no win situation being coin toss for whos right or wrong..