No one has just come out and said it. Dak is not Wentz or Goff

T-RO

Reaction score
Pretty much every board member and media dead head thinks Dak is better then Goff and Wentz at this point.....

98%. And the a big majority want Dak to sign if it's a salary that doesn't hamstring the team.

Brax

Reaction score
Wentz never had fan support because his backup won the Super Bowl.. He didn't have player support because he's apparently an insecure prick who blames anybody but himself when things don't go well. Goff lost fan support when he failed to know where the sun rises and sets. And he lost player support when he started pitching fits like a little girl when McVay reined the offense in on him. The talent thing? The thing you forget about Dak is that he played against tougher competition than Goff and Wentz and had greater success. He was better in college than both of them and that continued in the pros.
Spoken like a true homer, and in less than 8000 words.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yeah, especially if you ignore history.
i think you can sign Dak and draft good players.
we aren't winning anything w/out a QB.
we don't chase free-agents....their prefered method is thru the draft.
which you should be for....younger players on cheaper deals.

kskboys

Reaction score
i think you can sign Dak and draft good players.
we aren't winning anything w/out a QB.
we don't chase free-agents....their prefered method is thru the draft.
which you should be for....younger players on cheaper deals.
Not that many.

And overpaying means you will have major weaknesses, especially at backup. Those weaknesses will hamstring you.

The old "Pay him/me and build a good team anyway" is a pipedream, generally spouted by people who don't live in the real world. It simply does not work that way.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not that many.

And overpaying means you will have major weaknesses, especially at backup. Those weaknesses will hamstring you.

The old "Pay him/me and build a good team anyway" is a pipedream, generally spouted by people who don't live in the real world. It simply does not work that way.
you can do both.
you can sign your QB and draft good players.
the history of the league is filled with pages of teams that have done it.
this team doesnt chase free agents....not signing Dak so they will have more money to spend on free agents is pure fantasy because...oh....i dont know
THEY DO NOT DO THAT.
let Dak walk....you tell me who your QB is?

KB1122

Reaction score
I was doing top 5 passer rating finishes for a season for qbs.

Dak has a 3. Wentz has a 4. Goff has a 5.

They're the same quarterback.

Hadenough

Reaction score
OMG! Can we just please sign Dak so we can waste the next 4 or 5 years wondering why this team cant win a dam thing. Dak is not better than Goff and Wentz before he got hurt was proving he was a better QB. Who knows how much McVay was reading the defense or not Goff was making the 3rd down throws to get that team to a SB. Dak isnt a bad QB but the way he is acting like he is worth top 5 money makes me want to say he is full of ch it!

KB1122

Reaction score
Here are the NFL ranks for Roger Staubach's top 5 passer rating finishes over 9 years (actually 7 1/2) as a starter

Roger Staubach 1 1 1 1 2

Here are Troy's all from 1989-1995

Troy Aikman 2 3 3

Dak has finished third once.

quickccc

Reaction score
Damn I forgot about Mariota being shown the door in Tennessee. So many can't miss prospects have managed to miss .. badly..

Or Jamis Winston ..the No.1 overall pick.

that's why i get such a laugh and headshake outta those wanting to just chunk Dak aside in either letting him go in FA un-signed, or sign and trade him to another NFL team to gain high picks while drafting another QB.

that QB could be Blake Bortes, Christian Ponder or Jake Lockett ..while you know what you have proven in Dak Prescott as both a player and a leader.

:cool:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Or Jamis Winston ..the No.1 overall pick.

that's why i get such a laugh and headshake outta those wanting to just chunk Dak aside in either letting him go in FA un-signed, or sign and trade him to another NFL team to gain high picks while drafting another QB.

that QB could be Blake Bortes, Christian Ponder or Jake Lockett ..while you know what you have proven in Dak Prescott as both a player and a leader.

:cool:

These ABD (anybody but Dak) people are delusional and blinded by their hate. They seem to think playing QB at a high level in the NFL is paint by numbers. Too many teams get mired in the cellar by choosing the wrong QB. We have the right QB and these fools want to get rid of him on the basis of their expert assessment of some college kids allegedly being better. Of course these same experts assured us for years that Goff and Wentz were also better. Then tried like hell to convince us that Andy Dalton was better.. Eventually they'll find someone who actually IS better than scream from the mountaintop about being "right." Of course it might be 10 years down the road and nobody will remember the 25 guys they tried to convince us were "better" in the interim. Well.. almost nobody... You and I will.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
With the news that Dak is the only QB from his draft class to have not been traded, benched or cut the inevitable "See this is why the Cowboys shouldn't pay Dak" murmurs have started to creep up. Dak has always been compared to those two clowns and really all the QBs in his class. But mostly those two. Those two were the first to get the big contracts which shifted all eyes toward Dak. The detractors cited the fact that the Cowboys had NOT give Dak a similar deal as proof that the Cowboys didn't think Dak was as good as those two stooges. Puhlease.

Dak is not only better than both of them but he simply is nothing like them beginning with his mental make up. The dude's mom died of cancer when he was a junior in college. And he played the next game on the schedule. He's simply mentally tougher than those two put together. He endured that beating in Atlanta when Chaz Green was making Adrian Claiborne look like Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one and came back to lead the team to a three game win streak AND to a division title the very next year. A lot of QBs never recover from a beating like that and spend the rest of their career seeing ghosts.

Since they all came into the league there has been this consistent drum beat that those guys are better passers than Dak.. Yet there is literally no objective measure you can find that shows that to be true.. Dak's passing numbers over the course of his career are hands down better.. and unlike those two, Dak is still an ascending player. Dak started his career playing in a somewhat scaled down offense and has had his responsibilities increase every year. The other two had their responsibilities ramp up until their coaches realized that they were idiots and had the coaches put the training wheels back on.

I am not going to sit here and proclaim that I know positively that the Cowboys will or will not sign Dak Prescott.. but we as a fan base as well as the mediots need to let go of using what has happened with other QBs as a cautionary tale for what the Cowboys need to do with him. He's not wired like those other guys.. He just isn't. Maybe he's not talented enough to carry a team with a 30 something ranked defense to the playoffs.. but I'd bet my house he's talented enough to get there with a top 12-15 type defense .. and do some damage when he gets there. And no before you ask I didn't think he was good enough in 2019. But he took his game up several notches in 2020. So my mind will be at ease if they sign him tomorrow that he's not going to go out like Wentz or Goff nor is he going to try and b1tch his way out of town like Watson or Rodgers. I don't think he's wired that way. I could be wrong.. but I have not seen that in him to this point.
You're right and wrong about Dak when comparing him to Wentz and Goff, unfortunately for the Lions and Eagles Wentz and Goff are seriously over paid and the Cowboys my be in the same predicament if they meet Dak's DEMANDS! Also, all they of these QBs are major underachievers and are hugely overhyped!I know all the Dak supporters are going to attack this post with "Look at Dak's yardage the past couple of season". Actually, he his passing yardage came at the expense of the Cowboy's and their inabilities to start fast in games. Teams are jumping into prevent defenses in the 1st quarter and 1st half of games that the Dakster has started because of the shaky offense he is leading.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
With the news that Dak is the only QB from his draft class to have not been traded, benched or cut the inevitable "See this is why the Cowboys shouldn't pay Dak" murmurs have started to creep up. Dak has always been compared to those two clowns and really all the QBs in his class. But mostly those two. Those two were the first to get the big contracts which shifted all eyes toward Dak. The detractors cited the fact that the Cowboys had NOT give Dak a similar deal as proof that the Cowboys didn't think Dak was as good as those two stooges. Puhlease.

Dak is not only better than both of them but he simply is nothing like them beginning with his mental make up. The dude's mom died of cancer when he was a junior in college. And he played the next game on the schedule. He's simply mentally tougher than those two put together. He endured that beating in Atlanta when Chaz Green was making Adrian Claiborne look like Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor rolled into one and came back to lead the team to a three game win streak AND to a division title the very next year. A lot of QBs never recover from a beating like that and spend the rest of their career seeing ghosts.

Since they all came into the league there has been this consistent drum beat that those guys are better passers than Dak.. Yet there is literally no objective measure you can find that shows that to be true.. Dak's passing numbers over the course of his career are hands down better.. and unlike those two, Dak is still an ascending player. Dak started his career playing in a somewhat scaled down offense and has had his responsibilities increase every year. The other two had their responsibilities ramp up until their coaches realized that they were idiots and had the coaches put the training wheels back on.

I am not going to sit here and proclaim that I know positively that the Cowboys will or will not sign Dak Prescott.. but we as a fan base as well as the mediots need to let go of using what has happened with other QBs as a cautionary tale for what the Cowboys need to do with him. He's not wired like those other guys.. He just isn't. Maybe he's not talented enough to carry a team with a 30 something ranked defense to the playoffs.. but I'd bet my house he's talented enough to get there with a top 12-15 type defense .. and do some damage when he gets there. And no before you ask I didn't think he was good enough in 2019. But he took his game up several notches in 2020. So my mind will be at ease if they sign him tomorrow that he's not going to go out like Wentz or Goff nor is he going to try and b1tch his way out of town like Watson or Rodgers. I don't think he's wired that way. I could be wrong.. but I have not seen that in him to this point.

Very well put.

Aulac

Reaction score

You are wrong and I'll tell you why. Goff is the #1 OA pick that faced the most adversity. He took a 1-11 Cal Bears team to a bowl victory two years later. He was constantly beaten up behind his O-line and yet still broke 26 Cal school record! Remember this is the same school that Rodgers went to. On top of that his rookie season in the NFL, he was constantly beaten up as well.

Goff is mentally tough and very durable. He is not the leader that Dak is but I don't think anyone can question his mental toughness. He just got humiliated and dump by his team and still didn't fire back.