No one "hated" Dak back in 2016

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one 'hates' him now. What most dislike is the outright greed without earning it.

Sure, Dak had a great season in 2016, but lets not forget why the season went well. Romo was supposed to be the starter with Dak as the 3rd backup. The rest of the NFL had plenty of film on Romo, but nothing on #3, who unexpectedly got tossed into the mix when #1 and #2 went down. If you remember, Dak started going downhill later in the season as the film on him expanded and the rest of the NFL started catching on to his tendencies.

Dak is not a bad QB, but he hasn't come anywhere close to earning top tier money like Mahomes. If it makes some people trolls or haters for feeling that way then so be it.
I have to agree that he has not earned a high dollar contract. And, he has some things to get better at. He isn't top tier, but he can be the best version of himself with a more stable coaching environment and game planning. It is likely he will get paid big bucks whether we think he deserves it or not.
All I can do is root for whoever the Cowboys put on the field, and hope for all the players to play well.
Go Cowboys!!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Here is a thought, how many people were talking poorly of Dak in 2016 ?????
How many " haters" were posting here?? ( haters = anyone who wants another qb or thinks dak isnt good enough,
or thinks he is good but not worth the money he is demanding.)
None I would guess, this all took the last 3 years to develop and then add in the whole longest contract debate ever, and dak wanting
to be top salary at point of signing, and yeah we have some people that are saying dont sign him.

It is NOT like people have been against dak since day 1.
Same thing for elliot back in 16, but this is years later and both have been meh for last 3 years.
They have good stats, but that has not translated to much season wise or in playoffs the last 3 years.

There are valid reasons for people to think dak is not the right guy, especially now that his pay will
go up what 35 times what he was making?

Again my point is this didnt happen overnight, and didnt really start until late into 2017.
Some slid back in 2018, but then after a 8-8 season and the last phil game , the whole
not liking dak started up in earnest, and then this contract thing has made it snowball.
I think the problems with Dak, at least as some people perceive, came in the 2018 season year before last. He had 2 or 3 very high profile missed td's on WR's who broke open downfield and were wide open and he missed them. Just a few plays but it seems those few plays in 2018 really set up a narrative that isnt gone yet. I have a feeling it will change though.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of you guys are absolutely merciless! In 2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger. After that it was all downhill. The guy broke his left collarbone THREE TIMES, once in 2010 and twice in 2015.
In 2011, he suffered a broken rib and punctured lung. In 2013 he ruptured a disc! In 2014 he suffered two transverse process fractures. In 2016 he suffered a Compression fracture, L1 vertebra.
The guy was falling apart, have a heart! And you think Zeke was going to keep him healthy? Nothing was going to keep Romo healthy good grief!
At the rate he was going, he's lucky he can still play golf.

And yet in his last drive of his career he drove the team down the field for a TD with ease. According to merciless "guys like you".....he shouldn't have even be able to hand the ball off to zeke. GOOD GRIEF indeed...sheesh.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
And yet in his last drive of his career he drove the team down the field for a TD with ease. According to merciless "guys like you".....he shouldn't have even be able to hand the ball off to zeke. GOOD GRIEF indeed...sheesh.
Yep 3 for 4 with 29 yards is really throwing the ball all over the place

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep 3 for 4 with 29 yards is really throwing the ball all over the place
In one quick drive? Absolutely yes.

If that was for a quarter...I would admit silliness. But one very fast drive? You are wrong.

You're a hater? Hmmm.....kay!

Edit/...Oh...and I never actually SAID "he threw the ball all over the place"...but there you are...saying I said that...arguing it, and claiming yourself the winner. . If you want to argue my logic about it....I'm game. All moot anyway NOW.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's good rational thinking. And as much as I don't like to admit it, the Cowboys did the right thing.

An unproven opinion. And you of course have every right to it.

We'd like to think we know what was the best decision but we can't know. How DO we know Rom would of course been injured AGAIN. We don't. It is an opinion. Romo could very well have won a super bowl that year as being injured.

You just don't KNOW, Opinion? fine I am good with that. We sat Romo because of superstition. I am not really good with that .

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
There was always hate but the hate and doubt of him being the starting qb increased when he had those two bad games against the Vikings and Giants.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans is short for fanatics. No one ever said fanatics made intelligent decisions.

Fans tend to be lazy and stupid, so everything boils down to the head coach and the QB. The head coach is gone, so all that is left is the QB.

It is funny watching these "fans" pretend to have a rational basis for their reactions. It's one of the reasons I come here. :muttley:
:hammer:

[Bold] The applied simplification does not stop with just the Dallas Cowboys and any particular era. It happens all over football, sports and every level.

Heck. I do not know how many times I have sat through a high school game and listen to fans around me blame a short-circuited offensive drive on just the quarterback. Porous blocking? Don't see it. Dropped passes? Don't see it. Running back running east/west instead of north/south? Don't see it. Defense stifling play-after play? Don't see it. Quarterback throws ball into the dirt? omg. You would think the world came to an end hearing all the gripes.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
In one quick drive? Absolutely yes.

If that was for a quarter...I would admit silliness. But one very fast drive? You are wrong.

You're a hater? Hmmm.....kay!

Edit/...Oh...and I never actually SAID "he threw the ball all over the place"...but there you are...saying I said that...arguing it, and claiming yourself the winner. . If you want to argue my logic about it....I'm game. All moot anyway NOW.
You said he wasn't handing the ball off so only 2 things could happen. Either Romo ran the ball......or he threw the ball.

By the way I never said it was a terrible drive, it was 1 drive were he completed 3 passes for the entire drive. Did more users come from passing or running on that drive.

Entire point is you point to 1 drive....4 total passes.....as a easy of saying Romo wouldn't have gotten hurt when everything showed he couldn't stay healthy an entire game. His time was done, his body couldn't take it anymore. The sooner you get out your feelings the faster you can move on. It's been almost 5 years now

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes.,...we must silence those that challenge us or disagree with us. It's a good avenue to go in life for sure.

That is true for Zeke haters too. Must be terrible watching him be so good.
If that was the case don't you think I would have put you, willie and a ton others on ignore....... it's not about disagreeing with me it's about the stupid dumb comments they make as trolls that put them on ignore.

Nice try and cute story though

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a thought, how many people were talking poorly of Dak in 2016 ?????
How many " haters" were posting here?? ( haters = anyone who wants another qb or thinks dak isnt good enough,
or thinks he is good but not worth the money he is demanding.)
None I would guess, this all took the last 3 years to develop and then add in the whole longest contract debate ever, and dak wanting
to be top salary at point of signing, and yeah we have some people that are saying dont sign him.

It is NOT like people have been against dak since day 1.
Same thing for elliot back in 16, but this is years later and both have been meh for last 3 years.
They have good stats, but that has not translated to much season wise or in playoffs the last 3 years.

There are valid reasons for people to think dak is not the right guy, especially now that his pay will
go up what 35 times what he was making?

Again my point is this didnt happen overnight, and didnt really start until late into 2017.
Some slid back in 2018, but then after a 8-8 season and the last phil game , the whole
not liking dak started up in earnest, and then this contract thing has made it snowball.

Most if not all loved the Dak man as he benefited for many reasons(Zeke) including his play as a rookie.
Then Reality hit and its been downhill for the Project Dak......
Jerry, stomach it man you as many more we're wrong about this young man!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that was the case don't you think I would have put you, willie and a ton others on ignore....... it's not about disagreeing with me it's about the stupid dumb comments they make as trolls that put them on ignore.

Nice try and cute story though

No no...it;s okay. I agree I was being a little facetious there. I am glad you cleared up your stance. Not so glad you have considered me such an adversary...but well....as they say it is what it is.

I just don;t believe everything I say is so out of line, so controversial and so illogical. But oh well........okay.....