No one "hated" Dak back in 2016

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said he wasn't handing the ball off so only 2 things could happen. Either Romo ran the ball......or he threw the ball.

By the way I never said it was a terrible drive, it was 1 drive were he completed 3 passes for the entire drive. Did more users come from passing or running on that drive.

Entire point is you point to 1 drive....4 total passes.....as a easy of saying Romo wouldn't have gotten hurt when everything showed he couldn't stay healthy an entire game. His time was done, his body couldn't take it anymore. The sooner you get out your feelings the faster you can move on. It's been almost 5 years now

But the fact is it's all we have got.

Edit: I never said "he doesn't hand the ball off". You need to read more carefully. I said "according to Romo haters....he isn't healthy enough to hand the ball off". PLEASE READ MORE CAREFULLY IS VERY PLAIN.

I have moved on. If you catch me saying very stupid things about dak please speak up. But I BET...you can't find ONE extreme "hate" thing I have said about Dak. I challenge you to find it...what is the bet?

Have I been "critical" of course.....just like I have been with Murray and Zeke. But bet stands. I'm poor so max is 20 bucks. :cool:

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet in his last drive of his career he drove the team down the field for a TD with ease. According to merciless "guys like you".....he shouldn't have even be able to hand the ball off to zeke. GOOD GRIEF indeed...sheesh.

Ivrin 88 thinks I said Romo can't hand the ball off. Not what I said at all.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
But the fact is it's all we have got.

Edit: I never said "he doesn't hand the ball off". You need to read more carefully. I said "according to Romo haters....he isn't healthy enough to hand the ball off". PLEASE READ MORE CAREFULLY IS VERY PLAIN.

I have moved on. If you catch me saying very stupid things about dak please speak up. But I BET...you can't find ONE extreme "hate" thing I have said about Dak. I challenge you to find it...what is the bet?

Have I been "critical" of course.....just like I have been with Murray and Zeke. But bet stands. I'm poor so max is 20 bucks. :cool:
My mistake if I misunderstood what you meant by that comment with Romo handing the ball off.

Facts we do have however is Romo struggled to finish games because of injuries. He was a good QB but his time was up and that team wouldn't have went any further then they went even if Romo was in his prime and stayed healthy. They lost to GB because the defense couldn't stop anybody. Offense scored plenty of points to win that game.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Here is a thought, how many people were talking poorly of Dak in 2016 ?????
How many " haters" were posting here?? ( haters = anyone who wants another qb or thinks dak isnt good enough,
or thinks he is good but not worth the money he is demanding.)
None I would guess, this all took the last 3 years to develop and then add in the whole longest contract debate ever, and dak wanting
to be top salary at point of signing, and yeah we have some people that are saying dont sign him.

It is NOT like people have been against dak since day 1.
Same thing for elliot back in 16, but this is years later and both have been meh for last 3 years.
They have good stats, but that has not translated to much season wise or in playoffs the last 3 years.

There are valid reasons for people to think dak is not the right guy, especially now that his pay will
go up what 35 times what he was making?

Again my point is this didnt happen overnight, and didnt really start until late into 2017.
Some slid back in 2018, but then after a 8-8 season and the last phil game , the whole
not liking dak started up in earnest, and then this contract thing has made it snowball.

I was high on DAK as a rookie and upcoming Cowboy but looking at clutch games and his ceiling (don't kid yourselves he's hit it) kid just doesn't impress me he keeps saying he wants to win but DOESNT sorry I hope he moves on he won't be missed by me, sounds cruel but that's my opinion.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
How many " haters" were posting here?? ( haters = anyone who wants another qb or thinks dak isnt good enough,
None I would guess, this all took the last 3 years to develop and then add in the whole longest contract debate ever, and dak wanting
to be top salary at point of signing, and yeah we have some people that are saying dont sign him.

Same thing for elliot back in 16, but this is years later and both have been meh for last 3 years.
They have good stats, but that has not translated to much season wise or in playoffs the last 3 years.

There are valid reasons for people to think dak is not the right guy, especially now that his pay will

Again my point is this didnt happen overnight, and didnt really start until late into 2017.
Some slid back in 2018, but then after a 8-8 season and the last phil game , the whole
not liking dak started up in earnest, and then this contract thing has made it snowball.
Actually..

There was a huge debate about Dak taking over from Romo.

Where were you?

Until Dak and Zeke started winning..people were hoping Romo would recover and be the starter until Romo removed himself.

So your whole topic is totally flawed.

So not sure why you are rewriting history now to fit your post.

I guess fact checking applies here

Whatever.

We are all bored.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My mistake if I misunderstood what you meant by that comment with Romo handing the ball off.

Facts we do have however is Romo struggled to finish games because of injuries. He was a good QB but his time was up and that team wouldn't have went any further then they went even if Romo was in his prime and stayed healthy. They lost to GB because the defense couldn't stop anybody. Offense scored plenty of points to win that game.

Okay fine. To suggest "he should be thankful he can almost play golf"....well that hurts your credibility. Not that you need approval from me....but those kind of comments make you look like a hater whether you are or not. And you know how "haters" are thought of around these parts.

The fact remains we just don;t know. We have to recognize these are our FEELINGS on the matter...not FACTS.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because I'm not going to listen to trolls or see their comments........ Haha then yep guess I'm a coward

Don;t be a coward Irvin88. Be BRAVE!

There's a few "trolls" around sure. But most people just flat out disagree....not trolls at all. Don't be a snowflake. SEE what people say...and allow yourself the freedom and accountability to respond or NOT respond.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer:

[Bold] The applied simplification does not stop with just the Dallas Cowboys and any particular era. It happens all over football, sports and every level.

Heck. I do not know how many times I have sat through a high school game and listen to fans around me blame a short-circuited offensive drive on just the quarterback. Porous blocking? Don't see it. Dropped passes? Don't see it. Running back running east/west instead of north/south? Don't see it. Defense stifling play-after play? Don't see it. Quarterback throws ball into the dirt? omg. You would think the world came to an end hearing all the gripes.

So...the coachrs and Qb.....shouldn't they get the large portion of blame? Coaches call the plays and the QB touches the ball every single play.....AND ...SHOULD have the knowledge and expertise to adjust the play depending on what is going on. They...are the BRAINS and engineers of most of it.

They should also get the credit as well...and they usually do. Right?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So...the coachrs and Qb.....shouldn't they get the large portion of blame? Coaches call the plays and the QB touches the ball every single play.....AND ...SHOULD have the knowledge and expertise to adjust the play depending on what is going on. They...are the BRAINS and engineers of most of it.

They should also get the credit as well...and they usually do. Right?
Not sure you read completely what you quoted. Nothing I stated implies EVERY gameday decision or play does not factor in a game's ultimate outcome.

Sure. I could list EVERY factor contributing to a win, loss or tie in any game but is that really necessary? Anyone would be hard-pressed to find many posts I have made on this site for nearly two decades that explicitly or imply the blame game in the sport of football is limited to the quarterback and coaches.

Appropriate blame or credit for everyone involved in any game's outcome can only be done with a quarter-by-quarter, play-by-play analysis. The reason why appropriate blame or credit is never stated in forums, sports talk shows, etc., is simple.

Why? Because people rarely do it. It is way more simple minded to simply single out a couple or less people. It is much harder to assume (and time consuming) why each play and possession, along with special teams play, succeed or fail.

You can put me in the group you are incorrect in placing me. It does not matter.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

The first misconception you purge is that some "hate" Dak. An easy lofty position to take. WE DONT TRUST DAK IS MORE LIKELY.
I loved DaK his first season over the overrated Romo.
But Dak is the wrong guy.
O, Sumarians ye relentless shapers of fate, give us another Super Bowll!!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure you read completely what you quoted. Nothing I stated implies EVERY gameday decision or play does not factor in a game's ultimate outcome.

Sure. I could list EVERY factor contributing to a win, loss or tie in any game but is that really necessary? Anyone would be hard-pressed to find many posts I have made on this site for nearly two decades that explicitly or imply the blame game in the sport of football is limited to the quarterback and coaches.

Appropriate blame or credit for everyone involved in any game's outcome can only be done with a quarter-by-quarter, play-by-play analysis. The reason why appropriate blame or credit is never stated in forums, sports talk shows, etc., is simple.

Why? Because people rarely do it. It is way more simple minded to simply single out a couple or less people. It is much harder to assume (and time consuming) why each play and possession, along with special teams play, succeed or fail.

You can put me in the group you are incorrect in placing me. It does not matter.

Why are you being so .....defensive and offensive? I was trying to start a discussion and dialogue with you. Now we're gonna get all pissy AND expand and obfuscate the topic.

All I Said was the "top" people get the blame and the credit. Certainly the coach is the usual first one axed. Regardless of the details of how the game goes. QB is the next obvious axe/hero.

(shaking my head at trying to talk on the internet.....very difficult!...when people MAKE it more difficult)

Of course I will put you in whatever group I choose (even though I didn't put you in ANY "group", you just imagined that I did)...your "permission" is unnecessary. The same as YOU do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you being so .....defensive and offensive? I was trying to start a discussion and dialogue with you. Now we're gonna get all pissy AND expand and obfuscate the topic.

All I Said was the "top" people get the blame and the credit. Certainly the coach is the usual first one axed. Regardless of the details of how the game goes. QB is the next obvious axe/hero.

(shaking my head at trying to talk on the internet.....very difficult!...when people MAKE it more difficult)

Of course I will put you in whatever category I choose...your "permission" is unnecessary. The same as YOU do.
:rolleyes: CowboysZone :laugh:

bewp7

Reaction score
dak didnt really give any one a reason to hate or doubt him intil he crapped the bed when zeke got suspended. then last season he had many opportunities to get the cowboys into the playoffs against playoff caliber teams and also crapped the bed (he was not alone but facts are facts). also debating if some one is worth a huge historic contract is not hating either.