Twitter: No optimism for a Wilson extension

Cowfan75

Reaction score
You don’t pay players of his caliber big time money. You replace them with the guys on your roster. That’s what contenders do anyway….
False. Contenders pay their best players and don't replace them with lesser players in order to overpay other lesser players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
False. Contenders pay their best players and don't replace them with lesser players in order to overpay other lesser players.
They do it all the time lol. Chiefs, Rams just did it to get their rings. And Wilson is not even a top 10 player on this team let’s be honest with ourselves.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t think Wilson has done enough to earn a top of the market contract, but it sure seems as if he is going to get that kind of an offer, and they are content to let him go.

I was kinda hoping they worked something out with Pollard and kept Wilson for one more season, but not to be.

I don’t want to lose the guy, but they DO have in house replacements and many other needs. Sucks but that’s how it goes.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BIG mistake if they don't resign Wilson. You can't easily find his mix of ability and ferocity

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I read an article today saying that this is a deep safety class in the draft and that it will hurt the safety market in free agency. Keep in mind there’s some tier 1 talent at safety that will be available. Jessie Bates, Gardener -Johnson , John Johnson, then I think Wilson is tier 2. Let’s see how the market shakes out but I don’t think a return is out of the question.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Wilson is our surest tackler and is our only enforcer on the team. We can't replace him internally, and we can't draft anyone like him. He's a rare bird and Jerry will mess it up.