No Riley Cooper Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, they were both wrong in what they said.

That doesn't make him any less of a jerk for what he said.. amongst the other things he's done to disrespect women.

Oh and I looked into the lawsuit allegations... The info is still pretty fuzzy, but at minimum he kicked her off her party bus, which is rude to put it lightly. She admitted that he never touched her physically and the cops never saw any visible bruises. So, at most, there's a question of what kind of butthole he is by kicking her off the bus...and/or allowing his bodyguard to rough her up.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Also, i wonder how many times a day Shady says the word himself referencing his black teammates..
Or the last time he's called someone gay or a ***..

Im sure it hasn't been that long, considering what he's willing to say to a woman he's having a child with.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Oh and I looked into the lawsuit allegations... The info is still pretty fuzzy, but at minimum he kicked her off her party bus, which is rude to put it lightly. She admitted that he never touched her physically and the cops never saw any visible bruises. So, at most, there's a question of what kind of butthole he is by kicking her off the bus...and/or allowing his bodyguard to rough her up.

He and his bodyguard physically removing her off his party bus, because she didn't want to be treated like a ***** when they were trying to shoot water all over her shirt.. then after holding her down and dousing her with a beverage, leaving her along side the turnpike in the middle of winter, soaking wet.

No.. you're right.. that's not really a big deal. Just slightly rude.

lol.. come on, WG.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He and his bodyguard physically removing her off his party bus, because she didn't want to be treated like a ***** when they were trying to shoot water all over her shirt.. then after holding her down and dousing her with a beverage, leaving her along side the turnpike in the middle of winter, soaking wet.

No.. you're right.. that's not really a big deal. Just slightly rude.

lol.. come on, WG.

Well, that's certainly her version of events.. And I can believe that they physically put her off the party bus. The only debate is as to the reason WHY they put her off the bus. Other than her initial accusation, there's not a lot of info as to what happened.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Well, that's certainly her version of events.. And I can believe that they physically put her off the party bus. The only debate is as to the reason WHY they put her off the bus. Other than her initial accusation, there's not a lot of info as to what happened.

So you're contesting that she made it up? Good grief.. we'll have to agree to disagree, WG.

I don't see any reason to try to defend this loser's treatment of women. Clearly, he's not a very mature or respectful individual.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you're contesting that she made it up? Good grief.. we'll have to agree to disagree, WG.

I don't see any reason to try to defend this loser's treatment of women. Clearly, he's not a very mature or respectful individual.

Not trying to defend him, nor did I say she made it up. I said SOMETHING happened. I'm not one for just going with one side of the story until more info comes out. So I don't see that as defending him.

That said, I do agree that he's not a very mature or respectful individual.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Threads aren't complete without a sensitivity lesson from Frozen. Thank you, sir.

Now.. we are ready to move on.

Relax, it's ok. I'm sure you will find Riley and hand out justice.

In the meantime, throw a tantrum and try to convince people how bad he is over the internet.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Not trying to defend him, nor did I say she made it up. I said SOMETHING happened. I'm not one for just going with one side of the story until more info comes out. So I don't see that as defending him.

That said, I do agree that he's not a very mature or respectful individual.

Well apparently there were a bunch of other girls on the bus, so there should be plenty of witnesses for the lawsuit she is filing. I guess we'll see how that turns out.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Relax, it's ok. I'm sure you will find Riley and hand out justice.

In the meantime, throw a tantrum and try to convince people how bad he is over the internet.

lol

I see you haven't actually read the thread.. not suprising.

Always a pleasure, Frozen.. :cool:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Per ********... no link, because it contains the video.

We checked in with Crossing Broad to see if they ended up paying the $100:
Thank you for all that, it is quite interesting. So they got like just over a 100 dollars? Turns out Coops wasn't dumbest person at the gig by a long shot.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
You just proved my point.

We don't have criminal laws against overt expressions of racism. But what we do as a society is that we claim outrage and threaten people where we more or less constrict freedom of speech without it actually being written into law. People end up losing their livelihoods over things like. While I believe Cooper's case is different, some people like Jimmy the Greek end up getting ostracized from society just because they are honestly misinformed. In fact, Jimmy the Greek's black co-host, Irv Cross, has stated on many occasions that he knew that Jimmy was not racist.

Too often, people like Jimmy the Greek are given a societal death sentence just because some people claim outrage..

CBS immediately fired him without every seeing how legitimate that outrage was. And I would be willing to bet that had he just simply issued an apology and stayed with CBS, CBS would never have lost a red cent. And his co-workers were certainly not distressed over his words.

It's not very far different from dictatorships where somebody voiced their opinion of those in charge, except that Greek was not actually killed...but for all intents and purposes he was dead as he was completely ostracized from society.

If those who claim they are outraged genuinely show their outrage by refusing to by the product or they are rioting at games, etc. Then I would be all for firing the person. But more often than not, it's just not the case. We've allowed people to 'protest' in the laziest way possible and that has created a society that becomes more sensitive and irrational instead of a society that actually thinks and takes situations on a case-by-case basis.

YR

Again, you've misconstrued what freedom of speech is and is intended for. Freedom of speech was never established to free you to say whatever foolish thing you wanted to.

You go into work tomorrow and call your boss an idiot, you think you have the freedom of speech to do that? No... that has NOTHING to do with freedom of speech.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Vick did worse and has a job in the NFL.. While I don't like that he said he has a right to say it at least according to a document that was signed by the founders

Again, please actually read the constitution. I'm furious that people keep saying this.

Also Vick should have also been banned from the NFL.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Where does this mention being able to say whatever you want without social or economic consequences?

dstovall5

Reaction score
I have a video of philadelphia eagles wide receiver riley cooper using the n word in a derogatory way. This is a video me and my friends obtained through a girl who took it who was hanging out with cooper at the kenny Chesney concert in Philly where this video was taken. Only a few people have this video and were are looking to see what sites/radio stations have interest in it. Let me know what you think.

Curious who the girl was, obviously wasn't a friend/girlfriend. Probably some woman just using the guy for his money/fame, nothing new here, though to be fair not all are like that.

Rogah

Reaction score
Again, you've misconstrued what freedom of speech is and is intended for. Freedom of speech was never established to free you to say whatever foolish thing you wanted to.

You go into work tomorrow and call your boss an idiot, you think you have the freedom of speech to do that? No... that has NOTHING to do with freedom of speech.
+1. Freedom of speech does not mean you can say anything you want to with no consequences whatsoever. It just means the government cannot throw you in jail for expressing an opinion. So, to expand on your example, freedom of speech means that if I tell my boss he is an idiot (which is certainly not the case because my boss is ridiculously intelligent) then I won't go to jail. I'll get fired, but I won't go to jail.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Opinions change with the wind. This is no different, look back or forward 10 years. Especially when it is something you believe very strongly. Change is the one constant.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Really they need to move on. As he was fined and apologized. This has really gone way out of proportion. As sure the word is cruel. But the news and sports world need to move on. He just also needs to learn from it!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

Your points are not apples to apples. And to throw another cliché in there...the consequences for the lack of freedom speech (as it was intended) and the consequences for somebody expressing their opinion towards race...many times not even racist....is six of one, half a dozen of the other.

It's people controlling freedom of speech without somebody being killed and killed by the government. But, destroying somebody's life is practically the same thing. Does the punishment fit the 'crime?'

In many cases, I don't think so.

In the end, where does it stop?

To me, the best way to draw the line of where it stops is when there is genuine outrage from the people who are willing to hurt the bottom line and stop enjoying themselves to stick up for what they believe in.

YR

Galian Beast

Reaction score
+1. Freedom of speech does not mean you can say anything you want to with no consequences whatsoever. It just means the government cannot throw you in jail for expressing an opinion. So, to expand on your example, freedom of speech means that if I tell my boss he is an idiot (which is certainly not the case because my boss is ridiculously intelligent) then I won't go to jail. I'll get fired, but I won't go to jail.

Rogah this is the exact reality of the first amendment. Anyone who thinks that it applies to speech as it is unrelated to government, needs to go take a class.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Your points are not apples to apples. And to throw another cliché in there...the consequences for the lack of freedom speech (as it was intended) and the consequences for somebody expressing their opinion towards race...many times not even racist....is six of one, half a dozen of the other.

It's people controlling freedom of speech without somebody being killed and killed by the government. But, destroying somebody's life is practically the same thing. Does the punishment fit the 'crime?'

In many cases, I don't think so.

In the end, where does it stop?

To me, the best way to draw the line of where it stops is when there is genuine outrage from the people who are willing to hurt the bottom line and stop enjoying themselves to stick up for what they believe in.

YR

YR, again, I like you a lot, you're a great poster, but you're dead wrong on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.