No Riley Cooper Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Doesn't speak well to the character of our football team.. and you can best believe that if this actually happens, it will be dealt with by refs and Goodell.

How is that so? If I'm reading correctly Allen said he will "absolutely" be targeted, but it is the wrong thing to do. Seems like a player with a level head to me, he never said that he personally would target him, just others will.

And to the people calling bounties on the dude, or the players who actually intend to "target" him are in the wrong just as much as Cooper is. I read that article from the Philly writer as well, and I do agree the players should be more professional then going out and intentionally causing harm.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
How is that so? If I'm reading correctly Allen said he will "absolutely" be targeted, but it is the wrong thing to do. Seems like a player with a level head to me, he never said that he personally would target him, just others will.

And to the people calling bounties on the dude, or the players who actually intend to "target" him are in the wrong just as much as Cooper is. I read that article from the Philly writer as well, and I do agree the players should be more professional then going out and intentionally causing harm.

I took Church's comment to mean he would personally target him. Upon reading it again, im not sure that's what he meant. No problem with Allen's comments at all.

As for the bounties, the only person i've seen call for that is Michael Vick's brother.. who is a known hot-head that Mike has had to tell to shut up before. Looks like Marcus is in line for another arse whoppin from big brother.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

I don't buy into Allen's words.

We've heard this before from other players. Like how players were going to target Tom Brady because he and Belichick were running up the scores.

This ain't the 80's anymore.

The only people he has to worry about is his own teammates.

YR

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I still keep going back to the fact that Cooper is going to get lit up repeatedly throughout the season. Sending him over to the middle is going to be a death sentence.

I'm betting a player will take the 15 yard penalty just to state that he was the one that punked him.

Anyone that targets him is as bad if not worse than Cooper.

Grow up.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Was reported yesterday that all three major affiliates in the Philly Market lead with this story last night.

I find it slightly humerous that the Philly media spends the money to go out and get opinions off the street on what they think, and the general opinion they get is that they are making too big a deal out of it.. good stuff.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair observations. I think that everybody probably has issues with just walking on and that's not new. There once was a fella a long time ago who recommended we turn the other check and you see what that advice got him.
point taken

Let me ask you this. Do you feel like because many feel as you do, that gives these few racially charged individuals power over us? A relatively few individuals, a small voice in our Country has power over us accomplishing what might be the greatest thing any country in the history of our existence has ever accomplished. A Country that is free of racial divide. What would that be like and what could we accomplish if we simply allowed ourselves to move on to that?
Not at all. At least, I don't feel powerless. I'm a free thinker and don't feel held hostage by others and their racist views. However, I also feel racism is as overt as it once was and many things that may not seem racist will have those undertones. As I told WV, I don't pretend to speak for an entire race. I can only speak for me. And the only thing that will ever stomp out racism is time. Was only 50 years ago that folks were waterhosing black people down in the street and integration was a buzz word for hatred. IMO, many of the folks who were holding those waterhoses are probably in positions of power now. IJS, before we take this thread even further off the train tracks, it's not an easy answer to give.

Mainly, I'm talking about Political Groups, Hate Groups, even Activist Groups, the media. I don't believe this is Apolitical behavior. I think you see it on both sides if your willing to trust what you see. Racism and racial activism in this country is a very lucrative business because it plays on strong emotional issues.
Aw ok, gotcha. I don't feel like those folks have as much power as they once had. There's no Martin and Malcolm, and others who could unify millions of people for a singular cause anymore. Ambulance-chasing activists might can get a few thousands to a rally, but many times they're going to be met with side-eyes.

If your answer to the first question I asked is yes, then would it not seem prudent to provide as little attention to these individuals as possible? Their weapon is attention. Through that, they can create sensationalism and that leads to division. If we just laugh at the funny man and focus on bettering our own lives, would that not be a better use of our resources?
My answer to the first question is no, not really.
It pays to be aware of what's going on in the world. While I agree that we should always focus on bettering ourselves, we should also pay attention to the things that could potentially hinder that effort.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
And Philly fans are the best judges of character? They're Eagles fans, ya know. lol

I think the Philly media was expecting the usual extreme response.. you know, people saying they want Cooper run out of town, suspended, shot, etc..

I find it funny that even Philly fans, and their known ridiculous nature, realize that the media is blowing this out of proportion, lol.

I think it speaks to what ABQ said earlier about we as a country being ready to move on.. but certain things holding us back. The media being the biggest thing.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 6m
Will Allen had some thought-provoking comments on the Cooper situation. Said it's sad to see, knows it'll be difficult to get past.
He doesn't want it, but he said some opponents will absolutely go after him: “Somebody’s going to be mad and perpetuate the negativity."

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 6m
Will Allen had some thought-provoking comments on the Cooper situation. Said it's sad to see, knows it'll be difficult to get past.
He doesn't want it, but he said some opponents will absolutely go after him: “Somebody’s going to be mad and perpetuate the negativity."

Allen is "perpetuating the negativity" all by himself here. Stop putting the thought out there that other players will go after him. If you forgive him and will be professional about it, than just say that and stop trying to speak for other people. It does no good.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“I’ll tell you one thing, if it was Andy Reid, he would have gotten more than a fine,” the player said on the condition of anonymity. Another veteran Eagles player said that he could not get past Cooper using the n-word and that he didn’t think he would ever speak to him again.

“The coaches are saying we should think team first, but this is just crazy,” the player said. “Was he thinking about the team when he said that?”

Running back LeSean McCoy was the first player to go on record and suggest that he would have a difficult time forgetting what Cooper had said last month at a Kenny Chesney concert. “I forgave Riley. It’s new. Hopefully it wears off,” McCoy said. “But at this point, I speak for myself and other teammates, it’s definitely different.”

“I didn’t see too many people speak to him today,” McCoy said.

However, another Eagles player said that there is a definite line being drawn between players that were ready to move on after the incident and those that aren’t sure if they can forget what Cooper said. “If he’s on the team, he’s on the team,” the player said. “Don’t mean I have to like him.”

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...e-Eagles-player-said.html#WiFPPJsHx0yJeIWD.99

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a side note, if the Eagles team is fractured over this, all the better for the 'Boys.. :cool:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
“I’ll tell you one thing, if it was Andy Reid, he would have gotten more than a fine,” the player said on the condition of anonymity. Another veteran Eagles player said that he could not get past Cooper using the n-word and that he didn’t think he would ever speak to him again.

“The coaches are saying we should think team first, but this is just crazy,” the player said. “Was he thinking about the team when he said that?”

Running back LeSean McCoy was the first player to go on record and suggest that he would have a difficult time forgetting what Cooper had said last month at a Kenny Chesney concert. “I forgave Riley. It’s new. Hopefully it wears off,” McCoy said. “But at this point, I speak for myself and other teammates, it’s definitely different.”

“I didn’t see too many people speak to him today,” McCoy said.

However, another Eagles player said that there is a definite line being drawn between players that were ready to move on after the incident and those that aren’t sure if they can forget what Cooper said. “If he’s on the team, he’s on the team,” the player said. “Don’t mean I have to like him.”

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...e-Eagles-player-said.html#WiFPPJsHx0yJeIWD.99

Interesting that this Jeff McLane is the only one out of all the Philly media who seems to be getting these different player reactions.

I also think its a cop out to speak your mind this way.. if you have something to say, put your name next to it.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Maybe some "good" can come out of this after all ... For us Cowboys. "Eagles player said that there is a definite line being drawn between players that were ready to move on after the incident and those that aren’t sure if they can forget what Cooper said."

Maybe this causes a split in the locker room that ruins the team chemistry and divides them amongst their selves. If this really is dividing that team then they could be in big trouble, hard for a team to compete well when they're divided amongst themselves. Though, I guess I could be reading too much into that comment.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting that this Jeff McLane is the only one out of all the Philly media who seems to be getting these different player reactions.

I also think its a cop out to speak your mind this way.. if you have something to say, put your name next to it.
Well, I only follow McLane on twitter so I don't know about other Eagles beat reporters. I usually try to follow one beat reporter for each team the Cowboys play during the season. After the season, I may unfollow them if they're not interesting.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Well, I only follow McLane on twitter so I don't know about other Eagles beat reporters. I usually try to follow one beat reporter for each team the Cowboys play during the season. After the season, I may unfollow them if they're not interesting.

One for every team?

Good grief, i can't imagine how much drivel you have to sort through each year.

dstovall5

Reaction score

Yup, the Jets have that issue as well, every thing they say tends to be by an anonymous player. I think these players don't need to speak at all if they can't own to their words, or these "writers" are trying to stir some stuff up. I'm sure it's a little of both.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yup, the Jets have that issue as well, every thing they say tends to be by an anonymous player. I think these players don't need to speak at all if they can't own to their words, or these "writers" are trying to stir some stuff up. I'm sure it's a little of both.

Most likely. Kelly needs to get control of that locker room, FAST if they want to do anything this year. Gotta keep this stuff in house. I'd make the entire team run til they pee for all of these "anonymous" opinions coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.