Twitter: No runningback in league hurts their team more

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
HE did tear it up. He looked like vintage Zeke today.
My goodness. I used to argue Zeke wasn’t the best back in the league. That’s not even debatable anymore. Watching Zeke now, I am internally debating whether or not Zeke is an average or below average back. I don’t even think he is above average anymore, and nowhere even close to vintage.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course you were, because that’s the last time you attended classes.
OOOOoooooooooo....Aria with the BURN! Good one bro!

tenor.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My goodness. I used to argue Zeke wasn’t the best back in the league. That’s not even debatable anymore. Watching Zeke now, I am internally debating whether or not Zeke is an average or below average back. I don’t even think he is above average anymore, and nowhere even close to vintage.
Truthfully? With this line he's below average. Maybe average at best. With Dak and a healthy line? I'm sure he'd look a lot better but I think this is probably what we are going ton see unfortunately from him.

As a matter of fact...I think next season when everyone is healthy....this is going to be a dual back offense. Wouldn't shock me if the carries are 60-40 with Zeke and Pollard.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
5.1 mil to one of the worst linebackers in the league who actively hurts his team to be on the field? Yes it’s a hindrance. He shouldn’t even be on the field with how bad his run fits are.

Yeah but you do know the linebacker position in general is bad in the league? And regardless of how you feel about Jaylon.....whatever is behind him is worse. Let's don't kid ourselves.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Truthfully? With this line he's below average. Maybe average at best. With Dak and a healthy line? I'm sure he'd look a lot better but I think this is probably what we are going ton see unfortunately from him.

As a matter of fact...I think next season when everyone is healthy....this is going to be a dual back offense. Wouldn't shock me if the carries are 60-40 with Zeke and Pollard.
Yes, truthfully. He is a shell of his former self. The “line” will take a lot of the blame and blind people for a bit, but Zeke just doesn’t have the ability to do anything on his own unless the line blocks perfectly for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, truthfully. He is a shell of his former self. The “line” will take a lot of the blame and blind people for a bit, but Zeke just doesn’t have the ability to do anything on his own unless the line blocks perfectly for him.
Actually I disagree. I don't think he's a shell of his former self I think this is closer to what always was. Trying not to have revisionist history on him but looking at a lot of his rookie year footage....those holes were incredible.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Actually I disagree. I don't think he's a shell of his former self I think this is closer to what always was. Trying not to have revisionist history on him but looking at a lot of his rookie year footage....those holes were incredible.
Agreed, which actually makes me wonder how good was he to begin with?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed, which actually makes me wonder how good was he to begin with?
Man......I never questioned it before but I'm really starting to question it now.

I said the other day....Dak had the reputation of needing Zeke to succeed...but we never actually saw what Zeke looked like when Dak wasn't out there.....we probably would've saw this a lot earlier had we had a chance to see it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Man......I never questioned it before but I'm really starting to question it now.

I said the other day....Dak had the reputation of needing Zeke to succeed...but we never actually saw what Zeke looked like when Dak wasn't out there.....we probably would've saw this a lot earlier had we had a chance to see it.
I know. It is something to consider. They did have an interview together aired before the game, and Zeke credited Dak with keeping him in line and making sure he knew what his assignment was before every play. Dak really helped Zeke mentally that first year, although Zeke was obviously the more athletically gifted player of the two.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gotta talk your language, glad you finally understood something. The bigger words and concepts seem to confuse you.
Imagine thinking "biased" is a "bigger word"....you're as slow as a turtle and quite frankly I'm ashamed to even be engaging with someone with the mental capacity you have. I played myself smh.....

aria

Reaction score
Imagine thinking "biased" is a "bigger word"....you're as slow as a turtle and quite frankly I'm ashamed to even be engaging with someone with the mental capacity you have. I played myself smh.....
Slow as a turtle? So I’m slower than zeke?

When you give me an example of how my posts with regards to zeke’s stats, contract or draft spot are biased (which I’ve asked for several times) then get back to me. Otherwise quit making accusations you can’t defend.

aria

Reaction score
Slow as a turtle? So I’m slower than zeke?

When you give me an example of how my posts with regards to zeke’s stats, contract or draft spot are biased (which I’ve asked for several times) then get back to me. Otherwise quit making accusations you can’t defend.
You playin’ games with Smokey? I know what you’re doing.

Mikejj24

Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest debates I’ve ever seen on here. Only among our fans would we figure out a way to conjure up numbers and assign values to say how terrible one of our best players is.
Yes, he’s had a crummy year. Yes his contract is terrible and should not have happened. Yes his fumbles have hurt us in a year we have zero margin of error. But also, he’s playing with a QB who is terrible and doesn’t scare anyone, behind a third string OL with puzzling OC/HC decisions and a defense giving up historic points and yardage. No other team or coach in the NFL thinks Zeke is a crummy player. He’s not elite like he was his first few seasons but he’s not terrible either and will be interesting to see if he is suddenly way better next season with his starting OL and QB.
I agree that he is not terrible. That's pretty faint praise wouldn't you agree for his salary and tenure? I guess Pollard plays behind a different OL and quarterback. Even on the good runs Elliot has, I wonder if Pollard would have taken the very same play to the house, and that is our own second string guy.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

And it's not particularly close. If the guy doesn't have three all-pros blocking for him he becomes one of the worst starting RBs in the league.

its not about having 3 all pros starting. its more about having UDFA's starting and bad QB play in there that teams are loaded in the box.

I wish Elliot would put more work in the offseason, but you cant have your starters and your backups get hurt and start guys off the street and lose your franchise qb and expect the running game to be ok.

Elliot had 1300yrds rushing 12 tds 450yrds rec 2 tds in 2019. And people said he had a down yr. Thats the type of player he is. You ahve 1750 total yrds and 14 yds and people are saying thats a down yr for you.

Its like some of you have no idea whats going on with the team you root for.

Reactions: G2

Motorola

Reaction score
Watch Derrick Henry's highlights --- it will bolster your take on Zeke when your interact with Cowboys\NFL fans this week.