Twitter: No runningback in league hurts their team more

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let's put some things in perspective though....when we re-signed Jaylon was he not young and one of the best linebackers in the league? And at the time I was told his contract was cap friendly.

Zek's base salary this year is 6.8 million.

Jaylon's is 5.1.

I'm not agreeing with these deals but its more so a hindsight thing. They look bad in hindsight. But you invested a 2nd rounder in Jaylon and a 1st rounder in Zeke. It would've been more criminal to let those guys walk at that time then it would've been to not re-sign them especially since we already kind of knew Byron wasn't coming back.

Jaylons base salary is 5.1. Bro. He ain’t worth 1.5 the way he is playing this season. He is freaking awful right now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Let's put some things in perspective though....when we re-signed Jaylon was he not young and one of the best linebackers in the league? And at the time I was told his contract was cap friendly.

Zek's base salary this year is 6.8 million.

Jaylon's is 5.1.

I'm not agreeing with these deals but its more so a hindsight thing. They look bad in hindsight. But you invested a 2nd rounder in Jaylon and a 1st rounder in Zeke. It would've been more criminal to let those guys walk at that time then it would've been to not re-sign them especially since we already kind of knew Byron wasn't coming back.
Defense is the problem. These guys are a hot mess. Crawford is paid 10 mill and he didn't have a single statistic against Baltimore. At least Elliott is playing with all of his ailments.

KB1122

Reaction score
100%, also the fumbles, and lack of explosive plays kill him too. He's one of the least dynamic backs in the league now. It's crazy.

Having the most rushing yards per game on 4.1 yards per carry should not impress literally anyone.

There is something to be said for being a workhorse. But there's only something to be said for being a workhorse if you are winning.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I don’t need a graph. I’ve watched him for years, and he gets worse and worse.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The front offices job is to project future performance when signing deals. Jaylon and Zeke are overpaid for what they’re signed for.

Both were extended before their contract expired. Both are not earning their current deals. That’s all that matters.

Jaylon plays like a b**** now. Afraid to hit. I am sick of him already.

That's EXACTLY how we got stuck with Jaylon and Zeke though. They re-signed Jaylon and Zeke early to get those deals on bargain deals. They did it with Scandrick and Jay Ratliff and it worked out for them and they did it with Tyrone Crawford where it hurt them.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke did have a 20+ yard run today. Have to give him credit for it.

Henry had at least 3 of them today but Zeke will be praised as one of the best because of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did you fall asleep thinking about me last night lover boy?
Nice way trying to deflect....you are getting exposed for your love affair of me and Zeke lol. You want my attention that bad huh lol? I'm gonna give it to you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Zeke did have a 20+ yard run today. Have to give him credit for it.

Henry had at least 3 of them today but Zeke will be praised as one of the best because of it.
No he won't. I think most of us know we played a bad team and Zeke still didn't look as good as we hoped. This narrative y'all created about Zeke is just weird.

aria

Reaction score
No he won't. I think most of us know we played a bad team and Zeke still didn't look as good as we hoped. This narrative y'all created about Zeke is just weird.
Hey rocy, zeke sure tore it up against the 4th worst run defense in the league, didn’t he? Even the announcers seemed impressed with his dominance. Take away his one long run and he averaged 2 YARDS PER CARRY! No way could you find that kind of production anywhere else in the league or from guys playing intramural sports.

Can’t wait to hear the excuses once again. Cooper earned his pay check, Dlaw earned his pay check, zeke hasn’t earned a dime all season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hey rocy, zeke sure tore it up against the 4th worst run defense in the league, didn’t he? Even the announcers seemed impressed with his dominance. Take away his one long run and he averaged 2 YARDS PER CARRY! No way could you find that kind of production anywhere else in the league or from guys playing intramural sports.

Can’t wait to hear the excuses once again. Cooper earned his pay check, Dlaw earned his pay check, zeke hasn’t earned a dime all season.
HE did tear it up. He looked like vintage Zeke today.

aria

Reaction score
HE did tear it up. He looked like vintage Zeke today.
:lmao2: Man, you’re slipping, you’ve given up. Even you have run out of excuses but I have no doubt Ronnie will save the day.

That’s actually a slap in the fave to zeke, even I wouldn’t say he looked like vintage zeke.

aria

Reaction score
You asked me a question and I Gave you a answer....I don't know what else you want....
So for the record, you think zeke looked like “vintage” zeke today? Vintage zeke being 2016.

zeke’s stats today
12 carries for 44 yards
1 run for 26 yards
11 runs for an avg of 2 YPC

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So for the record, you think zeke looked like “vintage” zeke today? Vintage zeke being 2016.

zeke’s stats today
12 carries for 44 yards
1 run for 26 yards
11 runs for an avg of 2 YPC
I was thinking more like vintage Zeke from preschool. All-time great.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm not arguing what he's worth. I'm arguing his deal is it a hindrance like people are making it out to be.

5.1 mil to one of the worst linebackers in the league who actively hurts his team to be on the field? Yes it’s a hindrance. He shouldn’t even be on the field with how bad his run fits are.