Twitter: No runningback in league hurts their team more

SackMaster

Reaction score
Agreed 100%. The problem I had is they were busting a non existent myth. Bats are corked to remove weight, not provide bounce. And this is 100% of the cases. You don't even have to use cork. You can use anything lighter than the wood you're removing.
I'm not sure how non-existent the "cork provides more bounce" myth is.

While you are absolutely correct that the ONLY reason ball players alter their bats is to make them lighter (thus increasing their bat head speed), I think that is lost on the general public. Or at least on those who don't understand baseball very well.

Just look at the following article. They discuss and disprove the "so-called trampoline effect" I believe most people think of when they hear about corked bats.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2010/09/16/200387/the-misleading-myth-of-the-corked-bat/amp/

While that seems ridiculous to those in the know, when terms like "juiced baseballs" (with their cork centers) are so commonly used, one could see why such an incorrect conclusion seems to be so widely accepted as factual myth.

JMHO

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not sure how non-existent the "cork provides more bounce" myth is.

While you are absolutely correct that the ONLY reason ball players alter their bats is to make them lighter (thus increasing their bat head speed), I think that is lost on the general public. Or at least on those who don't understand baseball very well.

Just look at the following article. They discuss and disprove the "so-called trampoline effect" I believe most people think of when they hear about corked bats.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2010/09/16/200387/the-misleading-myth-of-the-corked-bat/amp/

While that seems ridiculous to those in the know, when terms like "juiced baseballs" (with their cork centers) are so commonly used, one could see why such an incorrect conclusion seems to be so widely accepted as factual myth.

JMHO

You're right. I guess that's how myths develop. I knew this too. Because I've seen videos of people doing just that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some of you are so obsessed with looking for scapegoats that the real problem goes over your heads. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

There can be multiple issues. Jerry is a huge issue. Elliott making serious scratch and underperforming is also a problem.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah ain't nothing great about Byron. HE's not even the best corner on his team.
And your boy zeke is paid as the second highest RB in the league and is second on his team in ypc and 39th in the league in ypc.

Great choice, zeke is carrying our Dakless offense to 3-4 wins and our defense, especially our secondary, has been shutting other teams down. We’re so much better off with the ewok and without Byron :rolleyes:

I wonder who’s given the other team more points, zeke or Byron. I’ll go with zeke and his fumbles. Impressive for a RB, at least his fan boys (you and Ronnie) can brag that he led the league in something this year. Hats off :thumbup:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
And your boy zeke is paid as the second highest RB in the league and is second on his team in ypc and 39th in the league in ypc.

Great choice, zeke is carrying our Dakless offense to 3-4 wins and our defense, especially our secondary, has been shutting other teams down. We’re so much better off with the ewok and without Byron :rolleyes:

I wonder who’s given the other team more points, zeke or Byron. I’ll go with zeke and his fumbles. Impressive for a RB, at least his fan boys (you and Ronnie) can brag that he led the league in something this year. Hats off :thumbup:

Zeke isn’t even the highest paid player on the team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
But they didn’t nickel and dime the QB, they offered to make him the third highest paid quarterback behind Mahomes and Wilson. And I agree about over paying RB position.

They’re getting hung up on negotiations with the QB, over a million or two per year or the difference between a 4 year or 5 year deal.

While paying Zeke the most of any RB.

We can argue what “nickel and diming” means but thats what it means to me.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Some of you are so obsessed with looking for scapegoats that the real problem goes over your heads. :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Jerry is problem #1.

This board would prolly get pretty boring if we just talked about jerrah all day though. Lol

kskboys

Reaction score
They’re getting hung with the QB up over a million or two per year or the difference between a 4 year or 5 year deal.

While paying Zeke the most of any RB.

We can argue what “nickel and diming” means but thats what it means to me.
Yup. Dak is nickle and diming the Cowboys, no doubt.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yup. Dak is nickle and diming the Cowboys, no doubt.

Maybe he should have held out while under contract for 2 more years, and hurt his team. Like Zeke did. Then we could say Dak is nickel and diming them.

Meanwhile Dak played out his rookie deal with not a single peep or complaint. And you wanna say he is treating the cowboys unfairly now?

Im not against hardball negotiation tactics. But let’s call balls and strikes. It ain’t just Dak who is making the negotiations tough with the cowboys.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe he should have held out while under contract for 2 more years, and hurt his team. Like Zeke did. Then we could say Dak is nickel and diming them.

Meanwhile Dak played out his rookie deal with not a single peep or complaint. And you wanna say he is treating the cowboys unfairly now?

Im not against hardball negotiation tactics. But let’s call balls and strikes. It ain’t just Dak who is making the negotiations tough with the cowboys.
I would've told Z to go ....himself. Have no idea why you thought he fit in this discussion.

Dak was offered a fair contract before the season and turned it down.

No, it's just Dak. Not returning calls and refusing to even negotiate is what is making this hard.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I would've told Z to go ....himself. Have no idea why you thought he fit in this discussion.

Dak was offered a fair contract before the season and turned it down.

No, it's just Dak. Not returning calls and refusing to even negotiate is what is making this hard.

Hard disagree. It’s not just Dak. Not at all. It’s Jerry and Steven too.

Overpaying players who don’t deserve it but then refusing to budge on the years of the contract with their most valuable player.

that’s clearly being difficult.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Zeke, Zeke, Zeke, Zeke, Zeke.......and Zeke lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Overpaying players who don’t deserve it but then refusing to budge on the years of the contract with their most valuable player.

Who didn't derive to be paid though? Or I guess overpaid?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who didn't derive to be paid though? Or I guess overpaid?

Jaylon didn’t deserve what he is making. Tyrone Crawford comes nowhere close to being worth what he is making.

Zeke makes more than what he is worth too. I was ok with extending him. But you extend a guy 2 years early from his rookie deal and don’t even get a good deal? The highest
Contract ever for a RB? Let’s be real. Zeke held out and the Jones’ caved. That’s 100% what happened.

cowboys should have got some kind of discount for extending him 2 years early.

It is what it is. But let’s call it how it is.

kskboys

Reaction score

The shorter years would've screwed us greatly. I think people underestimate just how bad that contract would've been for us. Basically, we'd have had Dak for 4 years on a very high salary. W/ our holes on D, it would've been impossible to build a contender. The 4 yr contract thingie was a major SCREW YOU from Dak.

I completely agree on the other players. Not one of them would've gotten close to what they got if it were up to me.

DLaw: Good player. 13 mil man.
Jaylon: Unproven. 1-2 yr prove it deal.
Zeke: Still under contract. Show up or don't get paid.
Amari: Would've never made that screwball kneejerk trade. I like Amari, just not for 20 mil.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jaylon didn’t deserve what he is making. Tyrone Crawford comes nowhere close to being worth what he is making.

Zeke makes more than what he is worth too. I was ok with extending him. But you extend a guy 2 years early from his rookie deal and don’t even get a good deal? The highest
Contract ever for a RB? Let’s be real. Zeke held out and the Jones’ caved. That’s 100% what happened.

It is what it is. But let’s call it how it is.

Let's put some things in perspective though....when we re-signed Jaylon was he not young and one of the best linebackers in the league? And at the time I was told his contract was cap friendly.

Zek's base salary this year is 6.8 million.

Jaylon's is 5.1.

I'm not agreeing with these deals but its more so a hindsight thing. They look bad in hindsight. But you invested a 2nd rounder in Jaylon and a 1st rounder in Zeke. It would've been more criminal to let those guys walk at that time then it would've been to not re-sign them especially since we already kind of knew Byron wasn't coming back.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let's put some things in perspective though....when we re-signed Jaylon was he not young and one of the best linebackers in the league? And at the time I was told his contract was cap friendly.

Zek's base salary this year is 6.8 million.

Jaylon's is 5.1.

I'm not agreeing with these deals but its more so a hindsight thing. They look bad in hindsight. But you invested a 2nd rounder in Jaylon and a 1st rounder in Zeke. It would've been more criminal to let those guys walk at that time then it would've been to not re-sign them especially since we already kind of knew Byron wasn't coming back.

The front offices job is to project future performance when signing deals. Jaylon and Zeke are overpaid for what they’re signed for.

Both were extended before their contract expired. Both are not earning their current deals. That’s all that matters.

Jaylon plays like a b**** now. Afraid to hit. I am sick of him already.