No SB in 07... Dallas Cowboys 2008-09 15-1

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
StarKist;1868772 said:
Thanks for showing up AJT13.

Eventually someone has to challenge my fearful useless thread. :)

But I still say the DC are NOT going to the SB in 08. I know this by gut instincts.

Numbers are great to a degree, but they eventually break down.

NE will emerge as the greatest franchise in NFL history. (Until Tony Romo & Co. reverses that between 2009-2012.)

AJT13 I will bet you $13 dollars that the DC doesnt even make it to the SB.

I have always respected your knowlege, but I think NE wins the SB and Dallas wont be there.

Thats my final.

Bet?

P.S. I am 8 and 2 in the last ten SBs.

for DC not going to the SB? Those are house odds - 6 to 1 (roughly). Unless you can name a NFC team who will show up in the SB, then I think Adams would be stupid to take that bet.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Here's a spare avatar that I keep in my pocket.

http://img174.*************/img174/3085/avatar653413pr1.gif

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
StylisticS;1868768 said:
There isn't much to explain. You have faith in the Cowboys, but you think we'll lose?:rolleyes: Basically, what you're saying is that you have faith that the Cowboys will lose and not reach the ultimate destination. I'm sorry but you either have faith in your team or you don't. In which case, I'll go with the latter.

Why didn't you post in the other sky is falling threads. Lord knows we already have about 10 of them in the last 4 hours.
You got me all wrong. I am a DC fan, but I know how to read the FACTS.

Let me restate. I dont have faith in the DC, I have hope in the DC.

There are only 53 men who are allowed to have faith, and that is the men who play the game.

If you believe your faith makes a difference, then why havent the DC won every game since you became a fan?

wrnboysfan

Reaction score
one game in which we rest our best dlinemen and probowl CB, while also playing very vanilla defense and playing a bunch of scrubs in the second half the we have no hope.

if we are going to make the SB the defense is going to be a key part of it. right it down.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
StarKist;1868701 said:
I've got faith as well, but the Dallas Cowboys are not going to Arizona in February.

No team that plays like the DC did today goes to the SB.
This is called talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
all i can say is i'm not as confident in this team like i was in november

StevenOtero

Reaction score
StarKist;1868701 said:
I've got faith as well, but the Dallas Cowboys are not going to Arizona in February.

No team that plays like the DC did today goes to the SB.
We didn't game plan for that game. Son of a gun! Get it through your head please. You would not make a good analyst or coach.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
StarKist;1868772 said:
AJT13 I will bet you $13 dollars that the DC doesnt even make it to the SB.

That's easy to say, considering that the odds are against any one particular team getting to the Super Bowl. But Dallas still has a better chance than any other NFC team -- and possibly a better chance than any single AFC team, considering their level of competition just to get there.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1868719 said:
The Bears lost their last (meaningless) regular-season game 26-7 last year and went.

The 2004 Eagles lost their last (meaningless) regular-season game 38-10 and went.

And neither of them were facing a team that was playing for a playoff spot.

How'd they do the final 4 games? Not just record wise, but how'd they perform?

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
StarKist;1868684 said:
WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR. (07-08)

PERIOD.

I DO NOT think we will make it to the SB this year.

I can see us breaking another record next year.

I dont care how you dice it up, the 07 DC are NOT hungry enough to go all the way right now.

However, next year, think the franchise might realize it's time to dial it up another notch.

I don't even want to see NE and DAL in the SB in 07-08. I'd rather become the next NE in 08-09.

Flame me if you want, the truth is as I have stated.... NO for SB in 07-08.

To much floundering has occured in the last three games to expect a SB in 07.

Lets here some Elephant talk.

I certainly can't argue with your theory. Green Bay vanquished Detroit, and had nothing to play for. It's one thing to lose a game, but to not play with any spirit is another. This team was flat, and Washington was fired up. To simply lay down is an insult to Minnesota and New Orleans.

Reaction score
Man you folks are UNBELIEVABLE, Dallas went 13-3 THIS year and has a BYE in the first round along with home field advantage THROUGHOUT the playoffs and you want to cry? I mean seriously, what's all this 15-1 talk about NEXT YEAR for??

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
StarKist;1868684 said:
WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR. (07-08)

PERIOD.

I DO NOT think we will make it to the SB this year.

I can see us breaking another record next year.

I dont care how you dice it up, the 07 DC are NOT hungry enough to go all the way right now.

However, next year, think the franchise might realize it's time to dial it up another notch.

I don't even want to see NE and DAL in the SB in 07-08. I'd rather become the next NE in 08-09.

Flame me if you want, the truth is as I have stated.... NO for SB in 07-08.

To much floundering has occured in the last three games to expect a SB in 07.

Lets here some Elephant talk.

Bookmarked for later gloating.

Taz

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1868719 said:
The Bears lost their last (meaningless) regular-season game 26-7 last year and went.

The 2004 Eagles lost their last (meaningless) regular-season game 38-10 and went.

And neither of them were facing a team that was playing for a playoff spot.

If you belive the boys will lose to pats/colts in the superbowl it woul b best not go go to the superbowl. I have heard there is a losing tema curse in the superbowl just ask the eagles or da bears.

I think the cowboys go and win the superbowl but losing would mean we would suck next year I would hate to see that.

Taz

Reaction score
peplaw06;1868728 said:
OOps. Guess it is possible to lose your last game in the reg. season and make the SB. The way the board is tonight, you'd think we were getting ready to talk Free Agency and draft tomorrow.

Wev'e been talking "WOW" drafting all year :horse:

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
bbgun;1868797 said:
Here's a spare avatar that I keep in my pocket.

http://img174.*************/img174/3085/avatar653413pr1.gif

Hehe good one bbgun.

To tell ya the truth I dont think theyre going either, Im not going to say theyll be 1 and done, but the last month has been horrible football by the DC. You cant win playing like that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rampage;1868897 said:
all i can say is i'm not as confident in this team like i was in november

What a surprise ..... you started giving up in September. :rolleyes:

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Man this is BS. I can't believe what I am hearing.

We have everything to be proud of, and everything to hope for. We all knew going into this game we were not going to be in it. For a variety of reasons, and all of those reasons will be behind us in two weeks.

The Cowboys of mid season will be back on the field come January.

End of story!!!! :mad: