No sense of urgency to beat Seattle

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our season isn’t on life support after Falcons epic collapse last week saved us from the season killer 0-3 scenario.

NFC East is worst division in the league. 7 or 8 wins might be enough. We have several winnable games coming up in October. 1-2 might still lead the division.

A game we aren’t expected to win. Might even get blown out. Biggest concern is more injuries which could compromise easier upcoming schedule in Oct. I’d rest anyone with a lingering injury like Smith and Lawrence.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Our season isn’t on life support after Falcons epic collapse last week saved us from the season killer 0-3 scenario.

NFC East is worst division in the league. 7 or 8 wins might be enough. We have several winnable games coming up in October. 1-2 might still lead the division.

A game we aren’t expected to win. Might even get blown out. Biggest concern is more injuries which could compromise easier upcoming schedule in Oct. I’d rest anyone with a lingering injury like Smith and Lawrence.

I don’t rest anyone who is able to play. But I don’t do that for any game that is meaningful. Only end of the season when the game doesn’t matter.

I don’t expect the cowboys to get blown out. I don’t expect them to win. But I expect them to be competitive.

I agree that the division is weak. 9-7 prolly safely win it. 8-8 May win it. So it’s certainly not in “must win” category.

my biggest thing is I want to see them continue to improve with the new coaching staff ya know. Like if they play a tough competitive game vs a very good team like Seattle. But ultimately fall short and lose. I think I’ll feel overall ok about it.

fansince68

Reaction score

Yeah but.....if you only get 7 or 8 wins your prospects for getting to the super bowl are very slim. Just making the playoffs is not the goal. Besides, Dak needs this win to beat a team that is considered to be a contender and silence a few critics.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah but.....if you only get 7 or 8 wins your prospects for getting to the super bowl are very slim. Just making the playoffs is not the goal. Besides, Dak needs this win to beat a team that is considered to be a contender and silence a few critics.

Winning will help for sure. In regards to Dak. Saying the cowboys need to win in order to silence critics, just points to those critics being unreasonable.

If Dak plays great but the team loses because the defense gives up a ton of points and forces zero turnovers. Then critics shouldn’t be saying “Dak can’t win the big games”. That’s just them being unreasonable critics.

Dak definitely needs to play very well though. It will hurt his viewing if he lays an egg. No doubt.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t rest anyone who is able to play. But I don’t do that for any game that is meaningful. Only end of the season when the game doesn’t matter.

I don’t expect the cowboys to get blown out. I don’t expect them to win. But I expect them to be competitive.

I agree that the division is weak. 9-7 prolly safely win it. 8-8 May win it. So it’s certainly not in “must win” category.

my biggest thing is I want to see them continue to improve with the new coaching staff ya know. Like if they play a tough competitive game vs a very good team like Seattle. But ultimately fall short and lose. I think I’ll feel overall ok about it.
We played a tough competitive game against the Rams. But moral victories shouldn’t be enough for a team that was touted to be a serious contender in 2020.

We were gifted a win last week and we should be counting our blessings we aren’t 0-2 on the verge of a potential season ending dagger tomorrow.

1-2 looks pretty good right now. Losing to better than average teams is our pedigree in recent years. We have some more winnable games coming up in Oct which could produce 4-3 heading into Nov which will probably be leading the division.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Winning will help for sure. In regards to Dak. Saying the cowboys need to win in order to silence critics, just points to those critics being unreasonable.

If Dak plays great but the team loses because the defense gives up a ton of points and forces zero turnovers. Then critics shouldn’t be saying “Dak can’t win the big games”. That’s just them being unreasonable critics.

Dak definitely needs to play very well though. It will hurt his viewing if he lays an egg. No doubt.
Yea, it’s really great having a QB put up big numbers in a loss.

Much like our QB last era. As long as his stats are great then we can defend him. Maybe he can lead everyone’s fantasy team to victory.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We played a tough competitive game against the Rams. But moral victories shouldn’t be enough for a team that was touted to be a serious contender in 2020.

We were gifted a win last week and we should be counting our blessings we aren’t 0-2 on the verge of a potential season ending dagger tomorrow.

1-2 looks pretty good right now. Losing to better than average teams is our pedigree in recent years. We have some more winnable games coming up in Oct which could produce 4-3 heading into Nov which will probably be leading the division.

Nobody is talking about “moral victories”. I personally expect Seattle to be one of the best teams in the league this season (I may be wrong)

If the cowboys lose to them on the road in week 3. I’m just saying I won’t be bothered by it and it won’t mean the season is over. I do want the cowboys to prove they can hang with them and have the ability to beat them.

the goal isn’t to be the best team in week 3. It’s to make the playoffs and then be the best team in the playoffs.

me saying that isn’t talking about “moral victories”

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yea, it’s really great having a QB put up big numbers in a loss.

Much like our QB last era. As long as his stats are great then we can defend him. Maybe he can lead everyone’s fantasy team to victory.

Wow you missed the point entirely. Why am I not surprised.

the point is. It’s a TEAM GAME. It’s entirely possible that Dak could be great but the TEAM loses. That’s how football works.

if Dak does play great but the TEAM loses. Then critics who get on him for the team losing are being stupid.

that’s my point. And it’s the truth.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nobody is talking about “moral victories”. I personally expect Seattle to be one of the best teams in the league this season (I may be wrong)

If the cowboys lose to them on the road in week 3. I’m just saying I won’t be bothered by it and it won’t mean the season is over. I do want the cowboys to prove they can hang with them and have the ability to beat them.

the goal isn’t to be the best team in week 3. It’s to make the playoffs and then be the best team in the playoffs.

me saying that isn’t talking about “moral victories”
And why expecting to lose this game is fine.

But playing them close for some kind of respect is in effect a moral victory of sorts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And why expecting to lose this game is fine.

But playing them close for some kind of respect is in effect a moral victory of sorts.

No it’s not a moral victory. It’s the team
Showing they can hang with one of the better teams in the league. Doesn’t mean I’ll be happy with the loss or feel it’s any type of victory. It’ll mean the team is close and has things to build on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wow you missed the point entirely. Why am I not surprised.

the point is. It’s a TEAM GAME. It’s entirely possible that Dak could be great but the TEAM loses. That’s how football works.

if Dak does play great but the TEAM loses. Then critics who get on him for the team losing are being stupid.

that’s my point. And it’s the truth.
Yea, we’re going to be thrilled having a great QB who can’t lead us to victory cause he has a lousy supporting cast.

Much like we are enjoying having a great HC who can’t lead us to victory.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yea, we’re going to be thrilled having a great QB who can’t lead us to victory cause he has a lousy supporting cast.

Much like we are enjoying having a great HC who can’t lead us to victory.

Dude you’re obtuse. I didn’t say any of that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No it’s not a moral victory. It’s the team
Showing they can hang with one of the better teams in the league. Doesn’t mean I’ll be happy with the loss or feel it’s any type of victory. It’ll mean the team is close and has things to build on.
You’re welcome to get a warm fuzzy feeling after a close loss. But it reeks of moral victory to me.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You’re welcome to get a warm fuzzy feeling after a close loss. But it reeks of moral victory to me.

I never said warm and fuzzy feeling. Did I? You just love putting words in others mouths and criticizing them for it.

come on dude.