No sense of urgency to bring veteran QB

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Jerry Jones says club has no sense of urgency to bring veteran QB to camp. Will let situation play out & see what's there at end of month. per David Moore

so it appears we will wait till after cuts to see what shakes loose.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be prudent to use training camp as a time to prepare and let the FA qb get acclimated to the playbook and cowboy players instead of learning on the fly?

Give the guy 8-10 weeks of practice so he can be ready.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be prudent to use training camp as a time to prepare and let the FA qb get acclimated to the playbook and cowboy players instead of learning on the fly?

Give the guy 8-10 weeks of practice so he can be ready.
Thats what is going to happen with Showers and Dak.

Let them play.

Romo can just take every 3rd snap all summer.

I mean does this team know how to develop a QB or not.

Apparently not unless its Romo.

Time to see what our coaches are made of.

They failed miserably last year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sure sounds like the Dallas brass is willing to wait another 3 weeks and change to consider bringing in a backup . . . (sigh.)

Evidently, the FO is OK w/biding their time, rather than give a vet backup the necessary time to adapt to the offense.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
We should've addressed this along time ago, going with Moore was a mistake to begin with. At this point they dont want to have to give up picks to trade for someone, so as usual we will try to find the cheapest way out.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
This could be bad or end up fine. I'm hoping it goes well. Go cowboys!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Right move in my opinion. Bringing in a vet at this time sends the wrong message to Prescott and Showers. It would say we have no confidence in you two. Instead, not bringing in a vet now, says to those two that we believe in you and will get you ready. Give them some confidence and let's see what they got.

If things don't work out with Prescott and Showers, I'm sure there will be numerous vets available after final cuts. Vet Qbs don't need a lot of time to get ready.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Right move in my opinion. Bringing in a vet at this time sends the wrong message to Prescott and Showers. It would say we have no confidence in you two. Instead, not bringing in a vet now, says to those two that we believe in you and will get you ready. Give them some confidence and let's see what they got.

If things don't work out with Prescott and Showers, I'm sure there will be numerous vets available after final cuts. Vet Qbs don't need a lot of time to get ready.
Sorry bro, i believe its the exact opposite !
Prescott is a project who was never supposed to see the field this year. He needs to sit and learn, coming from a spread offense in college. Showers was playing safety and QB on the pratice squad last year. Nuf said.
Even a vet needs to learn a new teams langauge/plays. Get the timing down with players he doesnt know. Another bad decision by the front office.
In my opinion at least.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

Let them play.

I mean does this team know how to develop a QB or not.

They failed miserably last year.

They failed miserably this offseason too in not replacing Moore. And they certainly can't expect a rookie 4th rd qb to come in and do anything if asked right away. I looked back to 2000 and Russell Wilson was basically the only rookie qb drafted round 3 or later which had any impact his rookie season. I'm sure it's the hardest position to play immediately.

RS12

Reaction score
For once I agree with the FO. You can sign the trash off the street or overpay for trash that is on somebodies roster, neither are appealing. See what the other two have to offer and what else develops.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry Jones says club has no sense of urgency to bring veteran QB to camp. Will let situation play out & see what's there at end of month. per David Moore

so it appears we will wait till after cuts to see what shakes loose.

Means they talked to a few teams and players, no one bit on their low ball offers and now aren't sure what to do.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Let them play.

I mean does this team know how to develop a QB or not?

Wait, I take that back.

Wade Wilson is dealing with personal issues, so we have that excuse now.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The only sense of urgency is keeping our drug-addled bozos and domestic abusers on the roster and coddling the lazy and "injured." Give me a handclap, Jason!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Means they talked to a few teams and players, no one bit on their low ball offers and now aren't sure what to do.
thats it exactly, they want a vet for nothing, and you get what you pay for.
Pay nothing and get nothing
Pay low and get low quality.

I guess they didnt learn with cassel last year, that a vet added late isnt going to work very good.