No sense of urgency to bring veteran QB

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am really finding it hard to understand the small grassroots movement for Showers.

It is like it suddenly appeared.

JPostSam

Reaction score
Thats what is going to happen with Showers and Dak.

Let them play.

Romo can just take every 3rd snap all summer.

I mean does this team know how to develop a QB or not.

Apparently not unless its Romo.

Time to see what our coaches are made of.

They failed miserably last year.

if they bring in another retread, fans will later complain that the front office got fleeced because they panicked, and that they failed to develop these young guys.

i think this is the right decision.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am really finding it hard to understand the small grassroots movement for Showers.

It is like it suddenly appeared.

You're talking about a fan base that at one point saw some redeeming value in Quincy Carter.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Made a run after his father insulted him.

Hey, we tried.
Didn't he just say I like our QB better? If that's all he said then isn't that what you should say? I think it was because of Andy Reid and the system? Could be wrong though.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
truth is...Foles flipped us off, and the Browns are playing hard ball with Jerry.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Foles wanted to play for his old coach Andy Reid, so we probably didn't have a shot at him. But, we're 4th in line for players who are waived, so maybe a QB we can live with will shake loose in the final cuts, or sooner.

CWR

Reaction score
Rarely do we have a sense of urgency to bring in any player. Regardless if we believe it to be a player we need.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Maybe it's because they know it doesn't matter because they can't win with anybody besides Romo. No sense being urgent with that.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Josh McCowan is a pro and probably an upgrade over Weeden, Cassel and Moore, but Dallas have zero reason to throw away picks for him. Wait out the Browns and Jets someone will come available.

CWR

Reaction score
Josh McCowan is a pro and probably an upgrade over Weeden, Cassel and Moore, but Dallas have zero reason to throw away picks for him. Wait out the Browns and Jets someone will come available.

So if/when a player is released do they go through waivers or is that only during the season?

kevm3

Reaction score
If Romo goes out, I'd rather see what one of our young guys have. If they tank the season, we'll have another change at a qb high or some other impact player.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I could see the Browns making Austin Davis available at some point. Cody Kessler is a 3rd round pick, and they have RG3 and McCown.

Kaiser

Reaction score
CANCEL.

THE.

SEASON.

Exactly, it has nothing to do with player agents seeing Moore go down and immediately doubling the asking price for scrub backups that noone had signed already. You have to outbid that and get a guy signed immediately, just so you don't see angry tweets about it.

Makes sense.