No to Kaepernick in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Kaepernick is not good enough to validate the circus he now brings with him.

If a team is absolutely desperate for a QB then I think they will take this on but he isn't good enough to take the focus off of winning and onto his agenda.

Kaepernick and Tebow are a lot alike imo. The both became such lightning rods that no team is willing to put up with the circus that comes with them even though they would both bring something in backup roles.

This is just ignorant. Kaep throws a completions percentage north of 60 and a 3:1 TD:INT.

And John Locke, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson all would be appalled by the notion that obeisance to the state was incumbent on good citizenry.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The selective outrage from the Fox News crowd always makes me laugh. Same people who hate Kaep/BLM, are the same ones who were cheering on Cliven Bundy when he and his group of thugs had rifles literally pointed at the police, same ones who fake mourned when Muhammad Ali passed, same ones always whining about PC this....safe space that. Criminal justice reform is a cause worth fighting for, I'm sorry it makes some of you uncomfortable.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Come on Zordon
Stereotype much?

That's so over the top, Z
:thumbdown:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is just ignorant. Kaep throws a completions percentage north of 60 and a 3:1 TD:INT.

And John Locke, George Washington, and Thomas Jefferson all would be appalled by the notion that obeisance to the state was incumbent on good citizenry.

It's about the distraction and media storm it causes more then anything.

Why would anyone want to take that on for just an ok player.

If this was Cam Newton he would be signed. Kaepernick is not worth the circus.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Come on Zordon
Stereotype much?

That's so over the top, Z
:thumbdown:

Sorry but describing the behavior of the Fox News audience as a whole is not over the top. There is an industry that does just that.

It is not hard to find clips of Fox News Hour, Fox and Friends, O'Reilly, or Hannity espousing every one of the views he just described. Just because you like to watch Fox News does not mean that it fits you to a tee but you can discuss the views of the audience as a whole.

I am just trying to imagine telling George Washington or Thomas Jefferson that they had to salute the state or be blackballed and what their reaction would be. The anti-Kaepernick crowd is reminiscent of royalists back in the day. Bow down to King George or pay the consequences!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's about the distraction and media storm it causes more then anything.

Why would anyone want to take that on for just an ok player.

If this was Cam Newton he would be signed. Kaepernick is not worth the circus.

If he agrees to not kneel -which he already said he would not- you think that is the case?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You think that will stop the media from creating a circus?

If he doesn't do anything then what circus?

When you look back at the circuses like TO or Hardy, they all did something. Hardy missed meetings and TO tried suicide for attention. They are lazy and follow the story; they don't invent them.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You think that will stop the media from creating a circus?
No way. He'd be a circus, mic's crammed in every player's face.

It's a wrap, he's bigger than the game now. I have no problem with his stance (other than the Castro shirt, not voting, and his socks with the cops).

He'd be a huge distraction here, tho, and for that I'd not like it much if he signs, despite him being an overwhelmingly better backup than Kellen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he doesn't do anything then what circus?

When you look back at the circuses like TO or Hardy, they all did something. Hardy missed meetings and TO tried suicide for attention. They are lazy and follow the story; they don't invent them.

Oh so you think the media would just let it disappear even if he does nothing? Lol yeah right. That could make it worse and maybe they would let it go in time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Oh so you think the media would just let it disappear even if he does nothing? Lol yeah right. That could make it worse and maybe they would let it go in time.

I'm saying that the media would make some initial stories and then it would go away unless he gave them something to write about. They follow the stories they don't plain fabricate.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm saying that the media would make some initial stories and then it would go away unless he gave them something to write about. They follow the stories they don't plain fabricate.

I agree that it would go away in time (maybe a year or 2) but he will be asked about it constantly and if he gives the media even a little bit it would most likely start a giant storm.

I don't want this headache in Dallas.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I agree that it would go away in time (maybe a year or 2) but he will be asked about it constantly and if he gives the media even a little bit it would most likely start a giant storm.

I don't want this headache in Dallas.

So what they are just going to write the exact same story over and over again for 52 weeks? I don't think so.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just during football season and sporadically throughout the year.

Please give an example of them doing this with another player.

Hardy was much more controversial and they did not do that. They didn't say much until the pictures came out and he missed meetings. They wrote about that.

There is no empirical reason to believe what you claim.

DFWJC

Reaction score
:hammer:
No way. He'd be a circus, mic's crammed in every player's face.

It's a wrap, he's bigger than the game now. I have no problem with his stance (other than the Castro shirt, not voting, and his socks with the cops).

He'd be a huge distraction here, tho, and for that I'd not like it much if he signs, despite him being an overwhelmingly better backup than Kellen.
This

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Tell that to Tim Tebow.

The media ran him out of the league (his lack of skills also played a part - same as Kaepernick), and all he did was try to be a good person and play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.