No way we Lose with Romo

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Oh he was so great he fell behind 21-3; we lost that game in the first. Rodgers came out blazing

Just out of curiosity. Are you one of the posters who've argued that if Romo had a stout defense, he would have taken us to a Super Bowl in 2007 or 2014?

Thetriplets22

Reaction score
Romo would probably have lit that secondary up from the get go and Rodgers would have had to keep pace with him.

Even Capers wasn't throwing that many zone blitzes, because of respect for Zeke and was playing safe.

GB would have had to respect the deep ball and Zeke and Romo clearly would have commanded more freedom at the line to audible into runs and plays.

It was a wasted season as far as I'm concerned. We answered our question of future QB for now in the first 8 games. Romo gave us, by far, the best chance to win the SB.

Yup Romo gave us the best chance to win. Romo puts up 40 against that awful defense.

Coy

Reaction score
At QB, game was lost in the first quarter. Dak always starts of slow, I'm heartbroken the better QB was on the bench.

Not fair to Dak, he played great, the thing is he started playing great when we were down 21-3.

I'll give you this on the Romo thing, we'll never know what Tony could have done with this offense, that's the only thing that bothers me, but to say we would have won with him is a bit much.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Defense lost the game in the first half. Getting down 21-3 is hard to comeback from. I'm glad to see Dak step up and not fold and led the team to tie the Packers twice. Defense let us down again with 35 seconds left and allowed a 3 and 19 completion. Romo might have thrown more interceptions. You never know but that's his MO.
Come on dude. The offense had this game on its racket...40 yards...48 seconds. Romo wins this game...and the reason why is because he carries the scars of heartbreaking playoff losses...the sting of naysayers, critics and other pundits. Prescott had no previous experience to draw from in that area...so he didn't realize that good enough just ain't good enough when you are playing against arguably the best QB ever to play the game. You NEVER let Rodgers have the ball last...NEVER...and definitely not when he's playing like its 2010 all over again.

I would bet that Dallas may have won this game had they not converted on the 2 pt try...as they would have been forced to go to the endzone to win.

robjay04

Reaction score
Was the reason our offense sluggish on Dak?

Did Dak cause Witten to miss a block?
Did he cause the refs to come up with a new penalty for Butler?
Did he cause Butler to drop a TD?

I just don't know what game I was watching. Yes Dak missed on a couple throws...so did Rodgers. I watched a game where the offense moved the ball with ease, even early in the game, until they made a boneheaded mistake or had a penalty ruin a drive.

This is just nonsense. I'm a big Romo guy but acting like the guy is perfect and he would've still put up points despite those blunders is nonsense. Romo has gotten out to his share of slow starts...actually if we got down 21-3 with Romo, I feel we are blown out because gunslinger Romo would come out.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That is ridiculous, Dak didn't get a 15 yard penalty on the 2nd drive. Nor did he call 2 pass plays on 2nd and 2 on the first drive forcing them into a FG. On the 3rd drive Williams drops a perfect pass putting them behind the chains.

The game plan and decisions early on by the coaches were bad. It took 3 easy scoring drives before Marinelli made any adjustments and brought some heat. None of which had anything to do with Dak.

The same things that happened to Dak in Sunday's game happened to Romo in previous playoffs. The narrative on Romo by his supporters (me included) is that if we protected him with a running game or if he had a better defense, he would have taken us to - at the minimum - a NFC Championship game and, possibly, the Super Bowl.

If you watched the game Sunday, the defense was the main culprit. It gave up three touchdowns on the first three possessions. If you watched the game Sunday, you saw that when we were down 21-10 and inside the red zone, we threw three straight times. That's the same inept play calling we employed when Romo was a quarterback.

So it's hard for me to believe that Romo would have done any better. And the Packers strategy would have been to hit Romo early and often.

But now that we've come up short, the Romo hypothetical brigade has marched onto the scene with its unproveable arguments. :rolleyes:

MagicMan

Reaction score
Oh, here it comes. Would Romo even make it to this game healthy? That is the question. I would say no. Dak put this sluggish team on his shoulders and could have won against the mighty and all powerful Rodgers. In his very FIRST playoff game.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This thread was inevitable. I could have written it before the game and put a note on it, "In case of loss, break glass."