No way we Lose with Romo

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Oh, here it comes. Would Romo even make it to this game healthy? That is the question. I would say no. Dak put this sluggish team on his shoulders and could have won against the mighty and all powerful Rodgers. In his very FIRST playoff game.

I was willing to consider your argument till you said Dak "could have"...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The excuses for Dak are incredible.
Excuses for a ROOKIE quarterback who passed for 300 yards and 3 TDs in his FIRST PLAYOFF GAME. That young man needs no excuses.

This is why I always defend Dak. Some of you expected a rookie QB to be perfect all season. That is utterly ridiculous. I love Romo, but he made mistaakes too. I defended him as well.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Not fair to Dak, he played great, the thing is he started playing great when we were down 21-3.

I'll give you this on the Romo thing, we'll never know what Tony could have done with this offense, that's the only thing that bothers me, but to say we would have won with him is a bit much.
It's not a bit much because you presume to believe that Prescott can read defenses with the skill that Romo possesses after MANY years and playoff games under his belt. Prescott simply doesn't not have this level of skill yet...not to say that he won't develop it. He is a rookie, and there is a reason why rookies have not made it to the final game. They simply don't have enough experience, recognition or scars pushing them past what they THINK is good enough.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
One great QB performance overshadowed by another, just like in 2014.

Pass defense exposed, just like in 2014.

Different year, same postseason.
And what do those two seasons have in common..the coach. I'm a Romo fan and always will be but Dak didn't "lose" the game even with his bad throws in this one.

Coy

Reaction score
To me, complaining about Garrett has become like complaining about Jerry at this point. But what you say is true.

Yep, that's true. He's probably winning coach of the year, for beter or worse we are stuck with Garrett for some time.

robjay04

Reaction score
Come on dude. The offense had this game on its racket...40 yards...48 seconds. Romo wins this game...and the reason why is because he carries the scars of heartbreaking playoff losses...the sting of naysayers, critics and other pundits. Prescott had no previous experience to draw from in that area...so he didn't realize that good enough just ain't good enough when you are playing against arguably the best QB ever to play the game. You NEVER let Rodgers have the ball last...NEVER...and definitely not when he's playing like its 2010 all over again.

I would bet that Dallas may have won this game had they not converted on the 2 pt try...as they would have been forced to go to the endzone to win.

The team was trying for end zone, that's why they spiked then ball.

They had it too, if Dak's last pass wasn't deflected...chances are the mood around here is much different. Dez would've scored, he would've at least put us in the red zone.

Regardless, this isn't on Dak. He tied he game up with 30 seconds to go.

Defense, do your job.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Until the defense gets fixed, it doesn't matter which QB or which RB we have back there. 31 points scored and lost the game. Why can't some people grasp this?

Look you are not going to put a defense out there to stop Aaron Rodgers. He murdered the best defenses in the NFL. Best thing you can do is start fast and try and keep him off the field.

khiladi

Reaction score
Saying Dak had a better playoff game than Romo ever had us absurd, considering his last play-off game in Green Bay with his first year basically controlling the offense with Linehan, he was basically perfect in the second half in sub-freezing temperatures, while being robbed on the catch against an undefeated GB at home, with Sam Shields and a non-battered DB field playing against them, without Zeke..

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
At QB, game was lost in the first quarter. Dak always starts of slow, I'm heartbroken the better QB was on the bench.
I can't put the blame on Dak and I am a Romo fan. Is he better than Romo..no...not at this point..but he didn't cause the boys a loss in this one. I agree it took him a while to get going but like Romo...when he did get going he put the team on his back minus the int...dude balled in this one. Blame the coach and staff for the scheme not the guy who just put up the best stats for a rookie QB in the history of the NFL.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I'm a big Romo supporter, but Dak played well enough to get the win. When the offense scores 31 points the defense has to do their job.
But in the end...with the game on the line...the appreciable difference was a quarterback and coach settling for 3 and a quarterback and coach settling for nothing less on 3rd and 20 but a deep strike with mere seconds to go to end the game rather than look for overtime.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on dude. The offense had this game on its racket...40 yards...48 seconds. Romo wins this game...and the reason why is because he carries the scars of heartbreaking playoff losses...the sting of naysayers, critics and other pundits. Prescott had no previous experience to draw from in that area...so he didn't realize that good enough just ain't good enough when you are playing against arguably the best QB ever to play the game. You NEVER let Rodgers have the ball last...NEVER...and definitely not when he's playing like its 2010 all over again.

I would bet that Dallas may have won this game had they not converted on the 2 pt try...as they would have been forced to go to the endzone to win.
That's not Dak's fault. That's coaching. They should've ran Zeke to milk the clock and either let Bailey kick it or go for the win. I have no idea what our offensive philosophy was out there.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I can't put the blame on Dak and I am a Romo fan. Is he better than Romo..no...not at this point..but he didn't cause the boys a loss in this one. I agree it took him a while to get going but like Romo...when he did get going he put the team on his back minus the int...dude balled in this one. Blame the coach and staff for the scheme not the guy who just put up the best stats for a rookie QB in the history of the NFL.
If he's not better than Romo then the team made a mistake. Jones has been hedging on this for weeks. He's seen the practices, heard about Romo dropping dimes with the scout team, experienced playoff football...but he was dismissed. Too much hype and hysteria.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Not true. Tony has had 3 better games.
You'll have to wait for him to explain how a lower QB rating and a loss is better than a higher QB rating and a win. Knowing this particular slobberer, my guess is that it requires playing mediocre football for a quarter and a half so you can fall behind 21-3 and rack up a bunch of empty passing yards.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Stupid logic. Truth be told, Rogers threw 2 picks to Heath, the second coming on that uncatchable ball penalty crap.

Ya...stupid lol. Turnovers MIGHT cost points...red zone turnovers DO cost points.

So skip the conjecture.

Dak cost a minimum of 3 points, Aaron's cost 0.

Coy

Reaction score

This is a good and fair post.