Video: Noah Brown Blocking Video

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My first foray into creating a video to upload to youtube.

Noah Brown blocks Giants Strong Safety #31.

Notice that #34 following Brown is the Nickel CB.

The Nickel CB would likely be a LB if Brown replaced with a TE.

Last edited:

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Can you find video of him blocking some guy that didn't make the tackle?
Yeah he picked up good yardage but I am guessing Brown has better blocks than this.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah he picked up good yardage but I am guessing Brown has better blocks than this.
Zeke is still running on this play. Can't really fault Brown for the talent level of the RB. It was an excellent block. Just too much talent at WR for Noah to make the squad IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Making the tackle?

It's 3rd and 1.

#31 affects the RB but #31 is buried under Brown long before the RB actually hits the ground.

If that's Zeke instead of Rod Smith, it's likely a TD.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to be excited about Noah Brown. Perhaps he can get me excited again in a few weeks. Right now, he is in a battle for the 53. I'm not sure his familiarity from being around 2 years will save him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I used to be excited about Noah Brown. Perhaps he can get me excited again in a few weeks. Right now, he is in a battle for the 53. I'm not sure his familiarity from being around 2 years will save him.

He has a leg up on the other young guys being one of our best ST player. He continues to improve his route running and timing then he is a shoo in over the competition.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Get a mic and download OBS and you can narrate over it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The proper play against No Threat Noah is to replace that DB with a LB. Advantage Defense.

If I can figure that out, DCs should be able to figure that out. Noah only brings an advantage when the opposing DC is too lazy to scout Brown's lack of threat, and mistakes him for a WR.

Brown is a teeny tiny blocking TE. I'd rather have Rico.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

We drafted Noah before we realized what we did and didn't have in Dak. Noah was supposed to be a bargain basement Dez. Big bodied, high pointing player.

One reason we got rid of Dez was his poor fit with Dak. Garage Sale Dez is no better of a fit, and for the same reasons.

Rico is another guy hurt by us moving on from Tony.

The alley oop pass just isn't Dak's game. Sorry.

And it's unclear that it's even Noah's game. At least we have the reports that Tony and Rico were killing it on the scout team. Anyone hear any consistent praise for the actual *receiving* part of Noah's game? Not me.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Big Physical WRs that excel at blocking do have more of a role in this league than most want to credit.
The question will be in TC, if the speed we have at WR4-5, maybe 6... out weigh Noahs 1 dimensional value at this time.
Will Noahs blocking ability at the WR position beat out a TE ,, is he more valuable to Moore in this new scheme blocking as a WR,, an easy guess is that he is at least more valuable right now than Rico,, both are on the bubble, but Noah gets at least that grade, right now.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The old Dez was much better than the new Dez. At his price, the Cowboys couldn't justify his roster spot. None of that had anything to do with Dak.

Of course old Dez is better than new Dez. But if we wanted him back, we could have negotiated him down. We didn't. Bad fit.

Fit to QB matters. We've revamped the receiving corps in 2018 and brought in a different style of player. Dez ain't it. Neither is Noah.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He's definitely caught on as a weird niche player as a 220 lb H-back. If it works, it works.

My guess is we keep 6 WRs. Brown is a great STer, fills a niche on offense as a blocker, and isn't any worse of a WR than the other scrubs - that kind of versatility is going to get him the #4 or #5 job and keep him on the 53.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He’ll probably make it on ST ability alone. That and the blocking is what you want from the WRs at the bottom of your roster.
Catching and getting open trumps those traits. Blocking is literally his best trait. If we have a WR that is a better route runner, has better has, gets better separation and offers something in STs...you take that WR over Noah. I believe that will happen.