Video: Noah Brown Blocking Video

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Catching and getting open trumps those traits. Blocking is literally his best trait. If we have a WR that is a better route runner, has better has, gets better separation and offers something in STs...you take that WR over Noah. I believe that will happen.

And who will challenge him?

Cooper, Cobb, Gallup are the top 3.

Then for now, Brown, Austin, Hurns. Many don't think Hurns or Austin will make the team. And if they keep 6 WR, which most likely they will. There is no way they keep 3 rookie WR's. So which 1 or 2 of those 3 do not make the team.

Right now I have these 6 until I see TC.

So, Wilson, not for me, not buying into his hype at this point. Guyton, no PS at best, Johnson, same, as fans want to fall in love with that speed. Show me in TC. How many burners has this team had and hyped up and where are they now?
Davis, he had moments in TC last year, but not him either. Lenoir, heck no, hopefully with the other guys he is finally gone.
Devin Smith, possibly if he had overcome injury issues. But right now, no, unless he replaces Hurns or Austin.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And who will challenge him?

Cooper, Cobb, Gallup are the top 3.

Then for now, Brown, Austin, Hurns. Many don't think Hurns or Austin will make the team. And if they keep 6 WR, which most likely they will. There is no way they keep 3 rookie WR's. So which 1 or 2 of those 3 do not make the team.

Right now I have these 6 until I see TC.

So, Wilson, not for me, not buying into his hype at this point. Guyton, no PS at best, Johnson, same, as fans want to fall in love with that speed. Show me in TC. How many burners has this team had and hyped up and where are they now?
Davis, he had moments in TC last year, but not him either. Lenoir, heck no, hopefully with the other guys he is finally gone.
Devin Smith, possibly if he had overcome injury issues. But right now, no, unless he replaces Hurns or Austin.
Few dont think Hurns or Austin will not make the team. The competition at WR this camp will be epic.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm in the minority but I actually like Noah Brown.

He's been in the league 2 years and he's only 23.

He's a physical talent and they had him switch from being a WR to a hybrid WR/TE. A big move guy.

I think he is a low key a player that could potentially break out this season.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'm in the minority but I actually like Noah Brown.

He's been in the league 2 years and he's only 23.

He's a physical talent and they had him switch from being a WR to a hybrid WR/TE. A big move guy.

I think he is a low key a player that could potentially break out this season.
I actually think most like Noah. With lesser competition I think he would make the team as a WR. Jason coming back makes the hybrid TE thing a no go.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Few dont think Hurns or Austin will not make the team. The competition at WR this camp will be epic.

It is the deepest I remember. The young guys seem to have potential, but then again, many think this every year going into TC from all positions.
Will be some great competition for sure. Can't wait.

The biggest thing working against Hurns is his contract. I think he still has value and is better than many think. But at what expense. His contract for what he may add might cost him his roster spot for a 4th or 5th or even 6th WR.

I think Austin will make the team, unless another KR emerges, as same for his contract too.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
It is the deepest I remember. The young guys seem to have potential, but then again, many think this every year going into TC from all positions.
Will be some great competition for sure. Can't wait.

The biggest thing working against Hurns is his contract. I think he still has value and is better than many think. But at what expense. His contract for what he may add might cost him his roster spot for a 4th or 5th or even 6th WR.

I think Austin will make the team, unless another KR emerges, as same for his contract too.
I can see Austin and Hurns making the roster this season. If their contracts were an issue they would already have been disgarded.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I actually think most like Noah. With lesser competition I think he would make the team as a WR. Jason coming back makes the hybrid TE thing a no go.

They have to get Witten off the field more. We have to play in a box when he is on the field.

A big guy who is fast and can stretch the field is needed and Noah Browns speed has to be respected by the defense.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
They have to get Witten off the field more. We have to play in a box when he is on the field.

A big guy who is fast and can stretch the field is needed and Noah Browns speed has to be respected by the defense.
Noah has not demonstrated being fast and the ability to get down the field. That is why threads are created talking about his blocking.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Catching and getting open trumps those traits. Blocking is literally his best trait. If we have a WR that is a better route runner, has better has, gets better separation and offers something in STs...you take that WR over Noah. I believe that will happen.

Not at the bottom of the position group. You’ll get far more snaps from your WR5 if he can play Teams and if you can use him on both passing and running downs because he’s a good blocker for a guy you’re unlikely to throw to anyway than you do if he’s just the fifth best route runner who doesn’t give you anything unless the guys in front of him get injured.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Not at the bottom of the position group. You’ll get far more snaps from your WR5 if he can play Teams and if you can use him on both passing and running downs because he’s a good blocker for a guy you’re unlikely to throw to anyway than you do if he’s just the fifth best route runner who doesn’t give you anything unless the guys in front of him get injured.
The reason they do not throw to him is because he is not a good WR....when they have tried it has not worked out well. Love Noah....he is the definition of what a football player should be.....but he is not the only WR at 5 or 6 that can play special teams and those other WRs IMO are better skilled at WR than Noah.

starfan1

Reaction score
The proper play against No Threat Noah is to replace that DB with a LB. Advantage Defense.

If I can figure that out, DCs should be able to figure that out. Noah only brings an advantage when the opposing DC is too lazy to scout Brown's lack of threat, and mistakes him for a WR.

Brown is a teeny tiny blocking TE. I'd rather have Rico.
well you had me till brought up Rico. That preseason legend is useless

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I don't think you understand how the bottom of the roster is generally constructed. Those spots go to folks who can 1. Play special teams and 2. Provide some unique skill set that allows them to be useful in some packages and active on Sundays. As the best run blocker in the receiver room, Brown has a useful niche. All he needs to be able to do in the passing game is catch 10-12 balls a year to keep defenses thinking about a possible pass when he's on the field.

The last receiver on the roster is little more than an emergency backup as a receiver. If a starter goes down the team makes a move to fill that role in the passing game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reason they do not throw to him is because he is not a good WR....when they have tried it has not worked out well. Love Noah....he is the definition of what a football player should be.....but he is not the only WR at 5 or 6 that can play special teams and those other WRs IMO are better skilled at WR than Noah.

That’s not how it works.

And if he makes the roster, it will be because he does give them more while blocking and on Teams than the guys he’s competing against because that actually is more valuable than what another player might give in a replacement situation on offense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get a mic and download OBS and you can narrate over it.
I've tried about a dozen video editing programs including OBS. I'm still not completely satisfied with any of them. I would like to draw on the screen also but that's awkward with most. All the ones I've tried have audio track capability.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I don't think you understand how the bottom of the roster is generally constructed. Those spots go to folks who can 1. Play special teams and 2. Provide some unique skill set that allows them to be useful in some packages and active on Sundays. As the best run blocker in the receiver room, Brown has a useful niche. All he needs to be able to do in the passing game is catch 10-12 balls a year to keep defenses thinking about a possible pass when he's on the field.

The last receiver on the roster is little more than an emergency backup as a receiver. If a starter goes down the team makes a move to fill that role in the passing game.
If you have a WR that can contribute on ST and also be a contributor as an actual WR then you select him over Noah. No different at the 3rd RB spot....yes Smith was a beast on ST but that did not trump the ability to actually provide something at the position he is playing....so we found a RB that could offer something on ST and at the RB position.