Nobody can blame Dak today

Nav22

Reaction score
Part of Dak's job is to see the blitz and audible for adequate protection.
He should have called either Zeke or a receiver in to block.
It wasn’t a good play and Dak didn’t get it done there. I’m not defending Dak on the 2-point try, nor am I saying he played a perfect game.

Considering the circumstances, Dak played a good game overall. Not great, but good.

stiletto

Reaction score
This defense is the problem...front to back. If these guys could ever stop a team a time or two we probably would've won this game. Oh,Oh, I can't forget about that awful kicker...so what if he can make a 62 yard FG, make the routine kicks of 40 and under sometimes.

You are RIGHT...it's the main issue. The defense is letting teams (bad ones too) stay on offense WAY too long. They are handicapped when it comes to getting 3 and outs. It just feels like other teams are getting at least 3 or 4 1st down before forcing a punt all the time. Thats a lot of minutes if you add it up. Clearly the Defense is mediocre and we'll be against the wall most of the season. It is what it is....

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Missing both starting tackles, 2/3 starting receivers and while getting hit nearly every time he dropped back he threw for nearly 300 yards and carried his team nearly all the way back from 3 TDs down.

The OL and defense really wet the bed today

Oh but they will blame him.

RamziD

Reaction score
You sound a bit like Jerry making excuses. But i agree, Dak wasn't the main problem. I don't think the end of the game would have had as much suspense if the refs hadn't been so flag happy on that last drive. It was unbelievable. One of the PI calls clearly was not.

Which one? They all looked like PI to me.

starman22

Reaction score
I remember when Drew Brees was on the Chargers and people thought he sucked.

“Who cares that his OL is trash and his receivers are mediocre????? A great QB should elevate all the trash around him all of the time!!!”

Now it’s Dak’s turn.

We’ve already seen what Dak can do when the parts around him are solid. Now that him and the offense look average with trash around him, his idiot haters can pretend that he sucks.

I thought Brees was pretty good when he was in SD. He was the starter until he broke his shoulder. I don't know what their record was, but Miami and New Orleans wanted him even after that.

Dre11

Reaction score
I love Dak but he was off a little today. He showed toughness but missed some opportunities

Cmac

Reaction score
What could he have done, when there was no protection all game?
Audibled into something that would yield some pass protection......also the 4th down run was a poor play that left something to be desired. Who called both of those plays?......Kellen?.....and why didn't JG override. Both those plays had failure written on them immediately after the ball was snapped.

So the big question......is Dak being treated like he's the inexperienced vs Kellen Moore? Just wondering.....we already know JG is just there to watch.

Cydios

Reaction score
His accuracy issues showed back the last couple of games, i think that comes from the pressure. Collins and Smith was a big loss.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
This defense is the problem...front to back. If these guys could ever stop a team a time or two we probably would've won this game. Oh,Oh, I can't forget about that awful kicker...so what if he can make a 62 yard FG, make the routine kicks of 40 and under sometimes.

How many points did they give up?
Just asking for the folks who didn't see the score.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dumbest post of the evening so far.

don’t worry. Someone will top you I’m sure.

How is it dumb? Creating posts to specifically defend Dak in the face of a bad performance is dumb imo. He’s proven to me that he is unable to makes plays when he’s pressured. The NFL agrees...did you see how many Jets were blitzing? A good QB burns those blitzes, he doesn’t throw above or behind his open receivers.

Nav22

Reaction score
How is it dumb? Creating posts to specifically defend Dak in the face of a bad performance is dumb imo. He’s proven to me that he is unable to makes plays when he’s pressured. The NFL agrees...did you see how many Jets were blitzing? A good QB burns those blitzes, he doesn’t throw above or behind his open receivers.
Gregg Williams was blitzing!?!?!?!

He almost NEVER does that!!! Dak must REALLY suck, you guys!!!
:lmao2:

Dak’s QBR for the game was a very good 73.5. He played well given the circumstances.

romonumberone

Reaction score
I would not necessarily blame Dak for the Cowboys losing.... but I also would not give him credit for pulling out a win. This is the whole point. he is an average QB. The team is 3-3. The very definition of average. Grading Dak's game today i would give him a C+.... I saw a lot of passes off target and a lot of balls that a NFL defensive backfield should be intercepting. Luckily the Jets are one of the worst teams in the league. The Dolphins, Commanders, & Jets will all finish 3-13 or worse this year.... although the Jets get to play the Dolphins twice. The Giants would be right there if the Bucs could kick a chip shot FG.

A QB like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes Wilson he is not.... & the biggest problem I have is he will very soon get paid more than any of them.

Again when the Cowboys were 3-0 you were slobbering all over him. He will never win a SB unless everything around him is perfect. Like Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco. Unfortunately once he gets paid there will not be enough money to go around. Even if there was it really would not matter because in football & in the NFL it is very rare for everything to be perfect. Guys get injured all the time.

I predicted the Cowboys to go 8-8 or 9-7 & I will stand by that prediction.

Split with the Eagles, at Bears, at Pats, Rams, Vikings, at Lions, Bills, etc.... at Giants will probably be a tough one. This was the 2nd easiest game on the schedule the whole year... next to hosting the Dolphins.

Losing to the Brees less Saints is bad, losing to the Packers at home bad, losing to the Jets bad. Even worse to do this on a 3 in a row streak.

Blame the head coach. I get some of that criticism. but ultimately the players are the ones playing the game and executing or not executing. So even with all the pro bowl players surrounding Dak... Dak somehow in the last 42 games, counting playoffs, Dak is 23-19.... You would think that if Dak was even a good QB that he would have a much better record than that....

Dallas today desperately needed a TD on 3rd and goal at the 15 Dak checks it down to Zeke for 3 yards. Pretty stats.... does not make for a winning ballgame. Challenge the Defense even if you do not complete the pass..... maybe you can force a penalty. Situational awareness. Did Maher need the extra 3 yards because his leg is not strong enough to make a 33 yard FG? And so the 3-5 yard check down is important to get the ball closer for Maher's kicking range of a 28 yard FG?

superonyx

Reaction score
Congrats. You topped it.

you may not like it but Dak is considered to be one of the top clutch QBs in the NFL.

deal with it.