Nolan defense system is trash is so bad

DuncanIso

Reaction score
LVE look like a Pro Bowl player???.....are you watching what game film. He makes a play or two, but he ain't at pro bowl level. And if you think so, therein lies the fanbase problems. He was getting ran over too, in defense of him AND JAYLON, our interior line is getting smashed.

check the NFL stats.

he’s third in tackles. 101

#JaylonHate

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Nolan probably gets a 2nd year claiming he didn't have the personnel to run what he wanted and slight improvements where we went from giving up points nearly every possession to actually getting off the field.

McCarthy needs to make a decision if he values loyalty or meaningful improvement in the off season. I'm pretty certain you could just ask the players to lineup, call your man and play better d then we saw to start the season.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Every squirrel fins a nut every once in a while. I rather have an average joe with football knowledge than Jaylon " I'll just run into the line" Smith. He plays so out of control and doesn't have a clue where the ball runner is half the time.

the NFL stats line doesn’t support your theory ....

must be painful.

#JaylonHate

quickccc

Reaction score
the hybrid scheme goes with having Dorace Armstrong and Tyrone Crawford drop in coverage ,...uugh ! :thumbdown:

Silly

Reaction score
I would say that in Dallas the offense has been carrying the defense for years. With all the injuries and Kellen's play calling, the offense can no longer protect a defense that is lacking in player talent and durability.

:huh:

Sydla

Reaction score
check the NFL stats.

he’s third in tackles. 101

#JaylonHate

Tackles are not the best way to judge a guy. I won't buy into this idea that Smith is one of the worst LBs in football like some here want to claim but reality is he has not played well either. He churns up tackles because he's a spaz and runs all over the field but look at the film review and see the multitude of mistakes he makes game in and game out. He's certainly not earning his contract IMO.

Sydla

Reaction score
Amazes me how many wanna keep Nolan...

Because for many, they struggle to accept the fact that the Cowboys made a mistake. They love this team so much that they struggle to admit that it is highly flawed. So they just assume that because it's the Cowboys making the hire, it has to be a good hire.

Majic

Reaction score
Because for many, they struggle to accept the fact that the Cowboys made a mistake. They love this team so much that they struggle to admit that it is highly flawed. So they just assume that because it's the Cowboys making the hire, it has to be a good hire.

We don't know it's a mistake, that's just an assumption you are making

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I think when I was a kid. Our Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl game played in the neighborhoods biggest back yard. Had better defenses then Nolan's. And probably better schemes also:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Starting Jaylon Smith is an obvious example

I like the first thing he did, which was move LVE into the middle. But then he got hurt. And who is he supposed to play over Jaylon? Lee was hurt the first half of the season.

Now you might say he should bench him now and play some of the younger guys. Not sure that would fly too well with Jones.

Got rid of Poe and Griffin, like those moves and played the young kids. Love that he is playing Wilson at safety. last coaching staff wouldnt even do stuff like that.

Sydla

Reaction score
We don't know it's a mistake, that's just an assumption you are making

We have a pretty good idea it was a mistake. They were on a historic pace for giving up points. When you watch the games you see some of the same issues that got him run out of Atlanta (and why he couldn't sniff a DC job for years until his buddy hired him in Dallas) - confusion, questionable personnel moves, weird scheming (like how we have Armstrong and Lawrence drop into coverage as much as we do), etc.

You guys will learn. We are just wasting years on Nolan.

Flamma

Reaction score
He needs to be let go and play a dame 4-3 defense , get rid of this absurd nickle package all of the time, I can deal with playing 2 lb and getting run all year

So basically a front 7 of tough chicks. Can't be any worse.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's like a guy who has been god awful as a DC this entire decade is living up to who he is. This was the dumbest hire I can remember. No hindsight, either. So many were confused on why we hired him.At least MM made sense to some degree. Nolan is a whole other level bad. His defense might have a good game every 6-8 games. Maybe a good quarter in a few others but we are so confused so often, especially right up until the snap. We don't line up correctly. Leave gaping holes.Allergic to takeaways. Allergic to making big plays when it counts. There will be a few outlier games where they look good but that's it.