Non Existent OL Depth

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
just shocking how bad our back ups are. Outside of Collins and Mack I didn't see a single guy that really belongs on the 53. Weems looked like Rob Pettiti out there. Hoping our swing tackle isn't currently on the roster.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'm glad it wasn't just me. Still infuriated that Collins isn't playing RT out there...

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I'm glad it wasn't just me. Still infuriated that Collins isn't playing RT out there...

I know the organization feels Collins is best at Guard, but they should treat him like Cam Erving of the browns. He needs to learn the tackle positions as well. He has the athleticism and strength, at least from what I can see, to play tackle in a pinch.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the organization feels Collins is best at Guard, but they should treat him like Cam Erving of the browns. He needs to learn the tackle positions as well. He has the athleticism and strength, at least from what I can see, to play tackle in a pinch.

I'd try Collins at left tackle during these preseason games before I would on the right. I know that's not ideal, but I think he would be more comfortable there and Weems might be better at right tackle. He's obviously no answer on the left side.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I think...Collins would be decent tackle but I also think he would be a great guard; why not leave him at guard for now.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Of course... but if our hand is forced due to something unfortunate...... I would have more confidence in him at tackle than Weems.... but it's early.

It is early but I do understand what you're saying. I don't think it's time to panic though, with Weems; it's been a few years since he was actually in a real game.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Tyron and Free being out right now is a good thing because it keeps Weems out there. If he is either terrible or can't knock off the rust by the third preseason game then their scouts will know what veterans will have some gas in the tank after final cuts. Worst case scenario, either Collins can fill in and be decent or they can grab a guy like Clabo from off the couch to serve as the emergency tackle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
just shocking how bad our back ups are. Outside of Collins and Mack I didn't see a single guy that really belongs on the 53. Weems looked like Rob Pettiti out there. Hoping our swing tackle isn't currently on the roster.

Chaz Green injury really hurts us right now.

Props to the Cowboys for identifying the need but man that kid is hurting the team with that injury.

noletime95

Reaction score
When is Chaz expected back, is he done for the year? Initial reports suggested he'd return at some point during camp, at least that's what was said after the surgery.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What's the deal with Gibson anyways, is he gonna get any reps at RT or G?