Twitter: None of the best 40 players played against the Jags

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Preseason is about more than just auditioning last 10 roster spots. Communications, systems, everyone gets dress rehearsal.

Not sure we did very well...we'll see soon.
I am trying to be positive here...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am trying to be positive here...
That's fine...I encourage it.
My point stands...thepreseason is about more than just the final 10 rosters spots. It's getting this big machine up and running. The video, sideline communications...

A big concert just doesn't happen...the big bands rent arenas to work out the sound, lighting, choreography, samples and special effects. Et cetera.

I am saying I just don't watch the scrubs.....I watch as much of the sidelines, booths, timeouts...and so on..... as I can. See if we got our bloop all gathered in a pretty pile. Or if we look confused.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't temper anything. He was in the best shape of his life. The other stuff you said is garbage as well. But I'm glad you're all butt hurt over something.

Well that didn't take long.

I like the polite Rocky WAY better...but hey...you gotta be you!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's going to be rusty
Not sure I get this. He throws far more balls and calls far more plays every single day than he would ever come close two running one or possibly two series in a preseason game.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
There is no website to link to. It's part of Bings search engine.

It would take you 2 seconds to type it into Bing and see it for yourself though. @Aviano90 clearly did it and saw the same thing, but we've since determined that it must be an error.

Just FYI there would be a link for that, you just copy whats in the address bar. Not saying you should have but there is a link for search engine searches.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I didn't temper anything. He was in the best shape of his life. The other stuff you said is garbage as well. But I'm glad you're all butt hurt over something.
You don't know if he was in the best shape of his life. Just because he says it, doesn't make it true. As discussed in the thread, it is an overused cliche and not very likely considering the amount of time he needed to heal from a serious injury. But you refuse to allow anyone else to question what the narrative is because you're too childish. You look at everything through your view of what you consider negative or positive, but you're just as negative as many of the posters you accuse of "always being negative". What's fake about you is your attempt to act like a homer.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure I get this. He throws far more balls and calls far more plays every single day than he would ever come close two running one or possibly two series in a preseason game.
Your mind changes when you’re facing a pass rush and not wearing the red jersey. He’ll be rusty until he faces a bit of real action. Not to mention coming off the ankle injury and finding out for sure you can take a hit.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Cowboys and Top 40 players should never be in the same sentence.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Your mind changes when you’re facing a pass rush and not wearing the red jersey. He’ll be rusty until he faces a bit of real action. Not to mention coming off the ankle injury and finding out for sure you can take a hit.
Dak isn't looking to get hit. It's more likely he'll be trying to avoid getting hit. He knows when to get rid of the ball. He knows when to just get out of bounds. The lessons of last year, he will not forget.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak isn't looking to get hit. It's more likely he'll be trying to avoid getting hit. He knows when to get rid of the ball. He knows when to just get out of bounds. The lessons of last year, he will not forget.
that not a lesson

it was freak incident ,he will run 10 of those this season at minimum and without about the injurys..these fluke odd rollups can happen but very rare..im sure he wont purposefully take unnecessary hits but that ne was a typical little scramble and just got a rollup

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

So chill fellow fans.

I don't think Jones meant the top 40 players, but essentially the top 40 roster spots. For example, Jabril Cox might be seen as a starting-caliber player, but a backup like Nsekhe is in that top 40 because he's made the roster as a swing tackle.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Definitely some of the top 40 players played
They may not be top 3 on depth chart but Cox is certainly one of the top 40
Kearse is not in the top 40
Seemed like a dumb statement to make in the first place
Cox played because as a rookie he needed reps not because there is any question he’s gonna be on this team
I’m betting our kicker would be in the top 40 too lol

Again, I think he only meant top 40 in that they are assured roster spots. I guess the argument could be that Cox also has a roster spot secured, but I think he was just addressing the players who didn't participate.

The statement should have been "We didn't need to need to see the 40 players who didn't play because they are already on the roster. Some of the ones who played already had made the roster too, but they could use the experience."

gimmesix

Reaction score

Kearse isn't a bubble player. He's been out there with the first-team defense at times essentially playing a linebacker position with Neal and Parsons, although I believe he's still considered a safety in those alignments. He's also a very good special-teammer.

I wonder if his defensive snaps will be cut by Hooker, though. I would presume rather than having Kazee, Wilson and Kearse out there, we'd prefer Kazee, Hooker and Wilson.