Twitter: Norm Hitzges retiring from The Ticket

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats Norm. Though I have not listened as much as I used to, but a very long run in your career.

I enjoyed that you kept your show to sports and the Cowboys, and did not waste time like the other shows.

However, I won't miss some of the rants, though at times they could be entertaining.

Alway enjoyed Norm, from his days at ESPN, and on the ticket.

Zordon

Reaction score
Congrats Norm. Though I have not listened as much as I used to, but a very long run in your career.

I enjoyed that you kept your show to sports and the Cowboys, and did not waste time like the other shows.

However, I won't miss some of the rants, though at times they could be entertaining.

Alway enjoyed Norm, from his days at ESPN, and on the ticket.
ESPN? You mean KLIF?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Used to listen to Norm every day. Guy is full of knowledge and a great broadcaster. The fact that he returned from a stroke years back and didn’t lose much was impressive. Draft coverage won’t be the same.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
End of an era, and I listened from the time he came to the Ticket until I stopped being a P1 a few years ago.

I am surprised he lasted as long as he did given how long his career lasted. A testament to his passion for his job.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Love listening to Norm. Always pretty fair. I never always agreed with him but that's ok. Youi're damn good if you can have someone who disagrees with you still enjoy you.

He's the reason I get excited for the draft ever year. Not the Cowboys, not BSPN. not Faux Sports....he is. Hopefully he still continues to do that but he's been in the game a long time. He's earned his right to retire. Radio will miss him. This fan for sure will.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Speaking of greay channels. You guys should check out Double Move on YouTube. Kid does a great job on his content.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Used to listen to Norm every day. Guy is full of knowledge and a great broadcaster. The fact that he returned from a stroke years back and didn’t lose much was impressive. Draft coverage won’t be the same.
Jerry probably caused the stroke. :laugh:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Always enj0yed his draft c0verage until they added kn0w it all B0B Sturm t0 the draft br0adcast.

H0pe n0rm is heathy en0ugh t0 enj0y s0me years after his retirement.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
For sure one of the well regarded media figures in Cowboys history. I can’t really put my finger on it, just something about the way he approached questions and issues with the Cowboys that was compelling to listen. I went a few years at one point not listening much to him, came back, and the difference in his voice and energy was night and day. I didn’t realize he had a stroke though as someone wrote above. Probably about the right time to call it quits. Best of luck, God bless and thanks for all the memories.