Twitter: Norm Hitzges retiring from The Ticket

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
whatever happened to Jennifer Floyd Engel? I think Norm was her mentor

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
One of the few in DFW media who consistently Jerry Jones accountable all these years. I'm going to miss his classic rants.

Knowledgeable but can't get rid of that irritating New Yawk cabbie accent.

scottsp

Reaction score
My days of listening to Norm began with him on KERA radio, then followed to his KLIF gig when he did mornings @6 AM.

My first time listening to his NFL Draft coverage was in 1987; I was in my sophomore government class, concealing a Walkman, when he called out Danny Noonan to the Cowboys. What I remember most, was at the end of round two, Norm starts campaigning for Dallas to strongly consider Stephen Baker in the third, citing his “little birdies” linking him to the Giants (I’m guessing Goose). I mean, I’m sixteen so when NY snagged Baker later in the day, it resonated.

Haven’t missed a draft since. And though I’ve always loved the Cowboys, I’d have to credit this guy with getting me started. Norm, for better or worse, has been a staple in my sports life for 40 years.

His takes weren’t always easy for me to stomach, but I found him to be fair and always prepared. It will be an adjustment, to be sure.

Zordon

Reaction score
My days of listening to Norm began with him on KERA radio, then followed to his KLIF gig when he did mornings @6 AM.

My first time listening to his NFL Draft coverage was in 1987; I was in my sophomore government class, concealing a Walkman, when he called out Danny Noonan to the Cowboys. What I remember most, was at the end of round two, Norm starts campaigning for Dallas to strongly consider Stephen Baker in the third, citing his “little birdies” linking him to the Giants (I’m guessing Goose). I mean, I’m sixteen so when NY snagged Baker later in the day, it resonated.

Haven’t missed a draft since. And though I’ve always loved the Cowboys, I’d have to credit this guy with getting me started. Norm, for better or worse, has been a staple in my sports life for 40 years.

His takes weren’t always easy for me to stomach, but I found him to be fair and always prepared. It will be an adjustment, to be sure.
Luckily he'll still be doing draft coverage.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ah will miss Norm. The Little ticket won’t be the same without him. Will Donnie be taking over his show?

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I will miss him greatly! Living in New England, I wasn't able to listen regularly until iHeartRadio and the like made it possible, but even that's been very many years now!

RonWashington

Reaction score
Really like Hitzges. In an entertainment business the guy entertained . Not like these blowhards on ESPN now with fake debates and faux outrage . Enjoy retirement Norm you entertained and educated the fan .