Audio: Norm Hitzghes: Earth to Bruce Carter

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Carter's natural position should be in the middle.....Why the Cowboys keep that piece of glass Lee there is beyond me. The only thing that is keeping Carter from being a star is being in the right position...and that is MLB

I've wondered the same (why not switch Lee/Carter?) to protect Lee and see if Carter takes to the Mike in this scheme as he did in the 3-4.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Carter will be better this year. Heck, I think everybody on the Defensive side of the ball will be better this year. Carter seems to be a guy who has to learn by repetition and that's going to take some time. How much time he has, I don't know but that's probably what it will take for him.

The problem is that everybody else in the division is also getting better. Problem is probably a poor term. I do believe that it's a good thing when you play in a strong division. It forces you to step up or get stepped on. 5 of our 8 wins last year were against NFC East teams. We were 3-7 against teams outside of the East last year. That won't get it done for us so the tougher our conference, the better off for us IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've wondered the same (why not switch Lee/Carter?) to protect Lee and see if Carter takes to the Mike in this scheme as he did in the 3-4.

At one time, I thought the Mike might be a good fit for Carter but not so much anymore. In our Scheme, the MLB is a much more difficult position to play, of the three LB spots. I think Carter, if he's going to be able to start for us, is better off if he can stay in the same position and actually learn it. His problem is not the physical, it's the actual execution and that's only going to come with experience so I think the best thing for him is to play in the same position but thats JMO.