Norm: Sources say Cowboys trying to deal Julius Jones

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Rumor flying right now on the Ticket.

Apparently they want Lawrence Maroney in the draft, and something is in the works.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I think BP is tired of waiting on Jones and wansts a back he can trust to start 16 games and give the ball to 25 times a game.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember he and Barber were at Minnesota and played well together.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
I don't like it, JJ wasnt a first himself and with his being injured in both of his seasons as a pro he is NOT going to command a 1st all by himself. That would mean us giving up more picks and we need all of them already to patch the hole at OLB and S as well as bring in future starters at OT and WR.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Dallas sends their 18th pick, running back Julius Jones, and Greg Ellis to the Saints for the # 2 pick to draft Reggie Bush.

Then I'll wake up.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
It's ironic because several of us have discussed the possibility of getting a back. Personally, I'm high on DeAngelo but Maroney has also caught my eye since seeing all of Barber's highlights from last season.

Interesting developments if we actually pulled it off.

Julius has shown to be an upper-echelon talent when he's "on." I wouldn't just give him away for nothing, obviously. We'd have to feel a guy like Maroney is going to be significantly better and significantly less injury prone (or unlucky, however you want to put it)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
we could pick up extra pics in later rounds, we can trade down our pick at 18 for more extra pics later in the draft. Potentially a willingness to trade jones, coudl net us 3 more players than keeping him would.

T-Newman41

Reaction score
How do you feel Barber would react to this? I mean they do complement eachother well, but Maroney is regarded as the better player, so he would probably start.

Plus, what do we get for JJ?

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Dale said:
It's ironic because several of us have discussed the possibility of getting a back. Personally, I'm high on DeAngelo but Maroney has also caught my eye since seeing all of Barber's highlights from last season.

Interesting developments if we actually pulled it off.

Julius has shown to be an upper-echelon talent when he's "on." I wouldn't just give him away for nothing, obviously. We'd have to feel a guy like Maroney is going to be significantly better and significantly less injury prone (or unlucky, however you want to put it)

The only games Julius has been "on" was Carolina, Chicago, Seattle, and New York. Thats 4 good games in 2 years. Sure our o-line had issues, but I want a playmaker back there...

Bizwah

Reaction score
Wow, I go to my daughter's Spellng Bee and look what I've missed!

If we can get a 2nd rounder out of Jones, I'd be thrilled.

I'd definitely take Maroney. Heck, I'd even consider Maroney if all the OLBs are off the board.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
As most of you know, Maroney is my favorite back in this draft behind Bush. However, I want to keep Julius, I really think he will pull things together this year and have a breakout season. I think so far we've had a combination of bad timing and bad luck.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
I love watching the highlights of that Seattle game, but too bad we weren't playing for anything and Seattle's defense at the time wasn't exactly superb.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Dallas sends their 18th pick, running back Julius Jones, and Greg Ellis to the Saints for the # 2 pick to draft Reggie Bush.

Then I'll wake up.
hahahaha...you are indeed dreaming if you think JJ and Ellis would let us move from 18 to 2...we'd have to give up next year's #1 as well to even get them to talk to us.

The Jets pick #4 and #29 I think, and they'll have to give up those and possibly more.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
GoinForSix said:

Then I'll wake up.

Reality won't like it a bit. This site would melt down before our eyes. Kinda like it did with the TO signing.