Norm: Sources say Cowboys trying to deal Julius Jones

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I can't think of a time that Norm has hit on a rumor. His are always the out of left field types and this fits right in. (BUT)If it did happen and they got a second, I would feel that they at least got value and broke even, anything less and they get hosed.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Judging by the lack of offensive line overhauling this offseason, even when guys like Hutchinson and Bentley were available, Parcells doesn't seem to share your opinion. ;)

and just because we DIDN'T take those players doesn't mean we DIDN'T need a lot of help.

Bizwah

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
lmao that's all this is.... A RUMOR... It's always speculation on draft day, like Larry Allen was supposed to be traded some years ago... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Actually, we DID try to trade Allen.

It just didn't work.

And yes, this is a rumor, but this is the type of stuff draft Geeks live for! This is as close to I'll ever get to watching a soap opera!

:laugh2:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
iceberg said:
and just because we DIDN'T take those players doesn't mean we DIDN'T need a lot of help.

IMO, if Jerry Jones truly is the type of owner that will do anything to win, if he thought those were huge holes, he would have opened up his checkbook for Hutchinson and Bentley.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
There's some truth to this for the simple fact - Bill likes tough guys and so far JJ has not proven to be BP tough.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
IMO, if Jerry Jones truly is the type of owner that will do anything to win, if he thought those were huge holes, he would have opened up his paycheck for Hutchinson and Bentley.

fine. i think our line is at best no better than last year.

we sure didn't see any skimping LAST YEAR in FA did we?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I'm always game for some gossip, keeps things interesting. I remember when the TO rumors came out we heard a ton of "hahaha yeah right that'll never happen". Ya never know with Jerruh.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Marco Rivera will be healthier, Pettiti will have another year under his belt, Flozell will be healthy, Kosier can actually have a coach now that he's out of detroit, Fabini stilll has some left in the tank. We're just as good, or better than last year.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
funny how coming home from the liquor store:D I asked my son if he would package Jones our #1 and a #2 next year for Bush. He said in a heartbeat. We shall see

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
iceberg said:
fine. i think our line is at best no better than last year.

we sure didn't see any skimping LAST YEAR in FA did we?

I agree. I was all for signing Hutchinson and/or Bentley because I thought Dallas needed the improvement.

Don't know what they were doing watching rare talents like that fly by.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
Actually, we DID try to trade Allen.

It just didn't work.

And yes, this is a rumor, but this is the type of stuff draft Geeks live for! This is as close to I'll ever get to watching a soap opera!

:laugh2:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: lol

I bet every one the chances of this happening is the same chances of the Cowboys getting Randy Moss for a second round pick...

spindoc

Reaction score
Okay... give me some love.

http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53372

Gopher Football coming soon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize many people on this board are Julius fans, but I thought Barber played better than Jones last year. Yes, I know Jones was hurt for a significant time, but Barber IMHO appeard to run harder than Jones. I believe Barber proved last year that he could be a co-starter.

That being the case, I would be fine with Dallas drafting Laurence Maroney to team up with Barber and once again form a dominating running attack. Maroney was hurt last year so his stock has dropped alot. I believe we would be getting a bargain at pick 18. He may even be the BPA. What to do with Jones? Trade him. He has trade value since he comes cheaply.

Heck, draft center Greg Eslinger and guard Mark Setterstrom in later rounds and have the core Minnesota Gopher rushing attack. Gopher football has produced very little over the years, but they have produced a great running attack.

In addition, think of the mascot upgrade...we could replace our creepy Cowboys mascot with a rodent. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Marco Rivera will be healthier, Pettiti will have another year under his belt, Flozell will be healthy, Kosier can actually have a coach now that he's out of detroit, Fabini stilll has some left in the tank. We're just as good, or better than last year.

rivera - big guys don't really "get better" from back injuries. esp. OLDER big guys. i'll wait till he does before i dance the happy dance of healing.

pettiti - so he'll suck better? hey, i hope petitti pans out and does well. he put up with a LOT of crap last year and we can only hope. but like above, i'll wait till he does it before i do the happy dance of improvement.

flo - never our anchor before. now he falls, the line falls. we got issues people.

fabini - depth.

kosier - again, let's let it happen before we declare it a good thing. he was "ok" in detroit and just because we have him doesn't make him "SAVED!!!!"

again, people seem to think "cowboy players" will be just fine mostly because they're a cowboy.

our OL sucks and is patched up. you wanna see it fixed and just fine - great.

we'll see next year.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I agree. I was all for signing Hutchinson and/or Bentley because I thought Dallas needed the improvement.

Don't know what they were doing watching rare talents like that fly by.

heh - sweet! we found an agreeing point. : )

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
To be honest I would be alright with Laurence Maroney or D'Angelo Williams...

BUt I like Julius Jones Most of all...cause he has experience... he's been developing...

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
iceberg said:
rivera - big guys don't really "get better" from back injuries. esp. OLDER big guys. i'll wait till he does before i dance the happy dance of healing.

pettiti - so he'll suck better? hey, i hope petitti pans out and does well. he put up with a LOT of crap last year and we can only hope. but like above, i'll wait till he does it before i do the happy dance of improvement.

flo - never our anchor before. now he falls, the line falls. we got issues people.

fabini - depth.

kosier - again, let's let it happen before we declare it a good thing. he was "ok" in detroit and just because we have him doesn't make him "SAVED!!!!"

again, people seem to think "cowboy players" will be just fine mostly because they're a cowboy.

our OL sucks and is patched up. you wanna see it fixed and just fine - great.

we'll see next year.

Pessimism keeps ya busy... We were 9-7 last year with a P.O.S. O-Line. Add T.O. with that P.O.S. line and we're 11-5. Add a kicker and we're making a run late in the playoffs.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't know that I buy this rumor, but we are desperate for a #4 pick for tomorrow.

Is it possible that BP views Barber as the starter next season? Would we be hoping to get a 3rd or 4th for JJ and pick up another backup to Barber later in the draft? Or has our other RB had a great offseason?

I would be shocked if we could parlay JJ into anything better than a 3rd round pick when one considers his injuries and how little he's actually accomplished in the league so far.

Maybe it's a smoke screen and we're just hoping someone will take Marooney ahead of us to cause someone else to drop to us...so many questions :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Pessimism keeps ya busy... We were 9-7 last year with a P.O.S. O-Line. Add T.O. with that P.O.S. line and we're 11-5. Add a kicker and we're making a run late in the playoffs.

blind optimism breeds severe disappointment. : )

how happy will TO be when drew bounces a few passes to him?

Murph80

Reaction score
I believe if Julius is traded Lendale White and not Maroney will be the pick. White was in twice for interviews at the Ranch. The failed test is no big deal if he did in fact fail a test.

Slammin Bran 23

Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Dallas sends their 18th pick, running back Julius Jones, and Greg Ellis to the Saints for the # 2 pick to draft Reggie Bush.

Then I'll wake up.

lmao :lmao2: that would be sick