Norm: Sources say Cowboys trying to deal Julius Jones

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Like clockwork - the Cowboys true intentions usually surface around an hour before the draft....

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
jones has potential to be realy good, but honestly watch highlights... he has one move. It seems to work though I think teams have kinda keyed in on him, and he is made of glass. send him to denver and let him get his 1700 yards cause he aint gonna make it here.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I agree, and I wouldn't want to have to give him a 54+ million dollar deal.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
On top of that, I think Parcells likes Jones a lot and it will take something real good to get him to give Julius up.

Barber and Maroney were known as Thunder/Lightning in college.... A reunion would be funny.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Jones is a back that relies on the o-line opening gaping holes and draw plays to throw defenses off. He's never a legit threat to make a play. Like stealth said, he'd be a great Denver back but here in Dallas we need another guy who can be consistent. Julius has proven he can't be...

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't like this. I like Julius and think he and Barber make a really good combination, and expect both to improve since they're only entering their 3rd and 2nd years respectively.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Ok, who are possible suitors?

Indy needs a RB, but JJ doesn't catch the ball well enough to fit their scheme.

He doesn't seem to be the Pittsburgh type of runner.

Atlanta?
Carolina? (boy, wouldn't JJ be looking for revenge?)
Cleveland?
Vikings? (I'd love to trade "Herschell" again)
Aints?
Tennessee?

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Parcells is awful hard on Jones because he sees a lot of potential and everytime he starts to make progress he has a freak injury happen to stunt his development.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
I'm thinking this is just a BS plant to try and induce someone ahead of us to grab an RB, maybe not even Maroney but grab the RB they want before the run starts on them in the 2nd half of the 1st. That way are defensive player falls down another spot.
Mind you I'm not a believer in this one, but some mocks have shown Denver taking a RB. With thier system I don't see why they would go RB in the 1st but they did lose their main runner from last year.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there is any truth to this then wow talk about coming out of nowhere.
They would have done a great job of smoke screens.

I have to say I don't think it will happen but I have been shocked before.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Jones is a back that relies on the o-line opening gaping holes and draw plays to throw defenses off. He's never a legit threat to make a play. Like stealth said, he'd be a great Denver back but here in Dallas we need another guy who can be consistent. Julius has proven he can't be...

Judging by the lack of offensive line overhauling this offseason, even when guys like Hutchinson and Bentley were available, Parcells doesn't seem to share your opinion. ;)

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Something is gonna go down, I knew JJ wouldn't just sit there... He's always trying to make moves, and get Dallas better. Thats whate seperates him from other owners who are content with being mediocre.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
lmao that's all this is.... A RUMOR... It's always speculation on draft day, like Larry Allen was supposed to be traded some years ago... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

thewivil

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
lmao that's all this is.... A RUMOR... It's always speculation on draft day, like Larry Allen was supposed to be traded some years ago... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dude, it's really not that funny.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Judging by the lack of offensive line overhauling this offseason, even when guys like Hutchinson and Bentley were available, Parcells doesn't seem to share your opinion. ;)

Passing on Bentley and Hutch was a blessing in disguise. We don't need that kinda money tied up up front.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Anyone remember the thread about what you absolutely wouldn't want the Cowboys to do on draft day? This would fit the bill.