Norm: Sources say Cowboys trying to deal Julius Jones

gbrittain

Reaction score
slick325 said:
I think he is good. I wouldn't say he is very good or special. He has very good speed and decent vision but special is a term I reserve for LT, Barry Sanders, Emmitt and the like.

To be accurate it will take Julius maybe 8 games into his third season to pass what Emmitt had in his 1st two seasons. That's 2.5 seasons to catch what another did in 2 seasons. That is based on the 86.3 yds a game that Julius averages a game.

I never said he was special, I do think he could be but that remains to be seen. You dont get rid of JJ because he is not "special" and draft someone who is just as unlikely to be "special" as well. I like several of the backs still on the board, but none of them are expected to be "special".

I have no problem brining in another back, as a matter of fact I started a thread a while back wondering if Dallas should count on JJ being healthy. To me that is a legitimate concern.

Finding a RB that is better talent wise to me is not a legitimate concern.

slick325

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I never said he was special, I do think he could be but that remains to be seen. You dont get rid of JJ because he is not "special" and draft someone who is just as unlikely to be "special" as well. I like several of the backs still on the board, but none of them are expected to be "special".

I have no problem brining in another back, as a matter of fact I started a thread a while back wondering if Dallas should count on JJ being healthy. To me that is a legitimate concern.

Finding a RB that is better talent wise to me is not a legitimate concern.

I apologize for putting words in your mouth in regard to referring to Jones as special.

I don't think we need to trade him, as I said, he is good I just don't trust his toughness. I would never suggest RB to be a position of need for us. I hope the kid works out because we have had too many "wasted" draft picks in our team history. Hopefully he can get over the 1100 yd mark and become a "special" back and of course do so as a Cowboy. However, if we did trade him I wouldn't lose a ton of sleep, hell, the Colts traded Marshall Faulk and the Pats traded Curtis Martin so it can happen.

gbrittain

Reaction score
slick325 said:
I apologize for putting words in your mouth in regard to referring to Jones as special.

I don't think we need to trade him, as I said, he is good I just don't trust his toughness. I would never suggest RB to be a position of need for us. I hope the kid works out because we have had too many "wasted" draft picks in our team history. Hopefully he can get over the 1100 yd mark and become a "special" back and of course do so as a Cowboy. However, if we did trade him I wouldn't lose a ton of sleep, hell, the Colts traded Marshall Faulk and the Pats traded Curtis Martin so it can happen.

Slick no apology needed, but thanks anyway. I am with you, no matter what Dallas does with JJ I will not lose an ounce of sleep. I like him and I am a fan of his, but the bottom line is playing. You have to be on the field to contribute.

Time will tell, but I hope for the best for JJ or who ever is manning our RB position.

rynochop

Reaction score
If it's not broke don't fix it.

Last thing we should be concentrating on is RB in this draft.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Jones' injuries may aren't really freak injuries, but they were legitimate. With his ribs, it was after a hit. If I remember, there was some torn cartilage, and not all rib injuries are created equal. The broken shoulder blade was the result of being speared in the back by a 265 lb defensive lineman. The high ankle sprain was the result of having a 250 pound adult male roll up on his leg.

They didn't happen during a cut or a plant while running. Even partially torn rib cartilage can be painful, let alone during contact. Broken bones take longer or shorter to heal depending on the severity of the break and how well the individual heals. High ankle sprains can vary in severity and require different recovery times based on the severity. Some are bad enough to require surgery. Plainly and simply, different injuries of different degrees can take a longer or shorter time to heal.

Regardless, these are contact injuries that could have required a similiar recovery time for any player they happen to. Players that are prone to non-contact injuries fit the mold of an injury prone player. Hamstring pulls and tears while running, ankle or knee sprains that happen while making a move, a QB with repetitive shoulder injuries from throwing. There's a difference between a player who is fragile, or injury prone and a player who gets hit and injured.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I remember when I criticized Julius for not reaching the 1,000 yard milstone again, and everybody wanted to ban/kill me on this board.

My how things have changed around here. :rolleyes:

TheHustler

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
I remember when I criticized Julius for not reaching the 1,000 yard milstone again, and everybody wanted to ban/kill me on this board.

What are you talking about? I don't think anyone wants to trade him.

Silverstar

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
What are you talking about? I don't think anyone wants to trade him.

Umm...can you read?

CriscoKidd
If we can get DeAngelo Williams at 18, then I'd be all over trading Julius if we can get at least a high 2nd rounder back.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Silverstar said:

I think the ban button is still working if you desire :lmao2::lmao::laugh2:

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if a trade of Julius actually occured. While Julius has very good moves, speed and cutting ability, I just wish he showed more leg/drive strength when he hits the line, that's all. "If"...we are going to make this trade, I hope we do it fairly soon before all the RBs worthy of taking his place are gone. (**** Just saw that the Panthers just now took Williams, so the list of worthy RB candidates is now minus him...hmmmm.)

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
BlueStar II said:
I would be very surprised if a trade of Julius actually occured. While Julius has very good moves, speed and cutting ability, I just wish he showed more leg/drive strength when he hits the line, that's all. "If"...we are going to make this trade, I hope we do it fairly soon before all the RBs worthy of taking his place are gone. (**** Just saw that the Panthers just now took Williams, so the list of worthy RB candidates is now minus him...hmmmm.)

If this rumor has any legs (pun intended) it might not be for another back if the coaching staff things MB3 can carry the load.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the ticket is full it and doubt Dallas is going to give up on Jones