Norm: Sources say Cowboys trying to deal Julius Jones

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Can't say that i'm surprised to hear that we are trying to trade J. Jones. He has a lot of talent but the guy just cannot stay healthy and you know Parcells wants a power back that can carry it 25-30 times a game. My guess is we would take Maroney or White, although i'm not sold on White

VThokie7

Reaction score
I think its smoke screen. Convince the teams behind us that were going to draft a RB in hopes that they offer a good package to move up. If you trade Julius at this point what can you honestly get for him?

Smith22

Reaction score
Don't like this move at all, especially if it involves L. White.:bang2::bang2::bang2:

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i really really really dont want this to be true.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
If we trade Julius we're selling low, I can't picture a scenerio where we would get equal value or better.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Don't like this move at all, especially if it involves L. White.:bang2::bang2::bang2:

God, please not Lendale White. Please!!!!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith22 said:
Morning Sarge, long time no talk.

Morning Smitty............laying low..........been reading though.

Cheers.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Can't say that i'm surprised to hear that we are trying to trade J. Jones. He has a lot of talent but the guy just cannot stay healthy and you know Parcells wants a power back that can carry it 25-30 times a game. My guess is we would take Maroney or White, although i'm not sold on White

You could be right, I could see Jacksonville, Indy or Carolina interested, but what would the asking price be ?

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Yeah I agree but sadly i think he will be our pick:mad:

I can't see Parcells putting up with him, but stranger things have happened

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Yeah I agree but sadly i think he will be our pick:mad:

OUt of shape, injured poor work ethic RB's don't do well, imo. I'd rather have D. WIlliams or Maroney.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
Rumor flying right now on the Ticket.

Apparently they want Lawrence Maroney in the draft, and something is in the works.

Dealing JuJo?

Ok I'm not thrilled about it, but they want to replace him with MARONEY?!

***?!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
OUt of shape, injured poor work ethic RB's don't do well, imo. I'd rather have D. WIlliams or Maroney.
Yeah but my thinking is that Parcells loves power backs like White and probably thinks he can put White into shape

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
If we trade Julius we're selling low, I can't picture a scenerio where we would get equal value or better.

my sentiments exactly,,, why trade him in on a "risky" draft pick? He finally recovered from 2004's injury and looked good the last half of the season! Now, if BP thinks our other RBs are good enough to start in Julius' place, then I would like the trade,,, pick up another position of need.

Woods

Reaction score
IMO, this rumor is to POSSIBLY get another team to trade up so we can move down.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
iceberg said:
blind optimism breeds severe disappointment. : )

how happy will TO be when drew bounces a few passes to him?

How happy will he be when Drew hits him in stride for a 50 yard TD?