Norm: Sources say Cowboys trying to deal Julius Jones

CriscoKidd

Reaction score
If we can get DeAngelo Williams at 18, then I'd be all over trading Julius if we can get at least a high 2nd rounder back.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
How happy will he be when Drew hits him in stride for a 50 yard TD?

and lets say BOTH happen - TO won't put up w/too many bouce passes cause it inhibits HIS ability to put on a show.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
morning everyone..

i started a thread on this subject some time ago. i think barber and maroney would be scary good..

i want carpenter or hali at 18 though.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
If they wanted to make the draft more interesting they'd give teams 10 minutes to decide. Get things done, make people make irrational decisions. Sheer entertainment.

slick325

Reaction score
X-Dawg said:
There's some truth to this for the simple fact - Bill likes tough guys and so far JJ has not proven to be BP tough.

I don't know the veracity of this rumor but am not at all surprised by it. I think you were right in your assessment. I speculated last season in several posts that coaches and teammates were soured by the games Jones missed last season. He missed important games that at the end of the day did ultimately cost us a playoff berth. The Giants game and the Seattle games were HUGE and he sat those out. We went one and one in those games but did miss the playoffs by one game proving EVERY game counted.

I heard all types talk about "high ankle sprains" and how hard they are to recover from. I know they are I played football too however, I also played basketball and ankle sprains are more prevalent in that sport. How many games has Allen Iverson, or Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or LeBron James missed because of an ankle sprain? I bet it is few. You sprain or twist an ankle in every game but if you are tough you keep playing.

I really believe that Coach Parcells lost faith in his toughness. I also think his teammates did too. I know I would have if he were my teammate. Had he dressed for the game played one or two possessions and showed he can't go, then I would respect him more but he didn't even suit up.

If we keep him, I'm ok with it but I question his toughness. He has Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett as bench marks in Dallas, those two never had "injury plagued" attached to them. Jones better learn to put an aspirin on his injuries and play ball especially for Coach Parcells.

DBoys

Reaction score
JuJo is special you don't make a change like this on the verge of a SB run. It is a risk that the player is any good and we already know JuJo is special this thread is absurd and whoever started the rumor is a moron.

DBoys

Reaction score
slick325 said:
I don't know the veracity of this rumor but am not at all surprised by it. I think you were right in your assessment. I speculated last season in several posts that coaches and teammates were soured by the games Jones missed last season. He missed important games that at the end of the day did ultimately cost us a playoff berth. The Giants game and the Seattle games were HUGE and he sat those out. We went one and one in those games but did miss the playoffs by one game proving EVERY game counted.

I heard all types talk about "high ankle sprains" and how hard they are to recover from. I know they are I played football too however, I also played basketball and ankle sprains are more prevalent in that sport. How many games has Allen Iverson, or Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or LeBron James missed because of an ankle sprain? I bet it is few. You sprain or twist an ankle in every game but if you are tough you keep playing.

I really believe that Coach Parcells lost faith in his toughness. I also think his teammates did too. I know I would have if he were my teammate. Had he dressed for the game played one or two possessions and showed he can't go, then I would respect him more but he didn't even suit up.

If we keep him, I'm ok with it but I question his toughness. He has Emmitt Smith and Tony Dorsett as bench marks in Dallas, those two never had "injury plagued" attached to them. Jones better learn to put an aspirin on his injuries and play ball especially for Coach Parcells.

:rolleyes:

Mansta54

Reaction score
JuJo is special you don't make a change like this on the verge of a SB run. It is a risk that the player is any good and we already know JuJo is special this thread is absurd and whoever started the rumor is a moron.

AMEN!!!!!! :hammer:

gbrittain

Reaction score
I do not have a single doubt in my mind that JJ is a superstar if and only IF he can stay healthy. That is my only concern.

Woods

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I do not have a single doubt in my mind that JJ is a superstar if and only IF he can stay healthy. That is my only concern.

JJ's injury were not toughness issues, IMO.

They were more "freak" injuries. They could happen to any RB.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Woods said:

I agree with that. I believe JJ is very tough person and runner. My concern is not his toughnes, just will his body hold up.

I tend to agree, it looks like just freak injuries and nothing more at this point.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
I dont see JJ going anywhere...this team has other more holes to fill...RB isnt really one of them

slick325

Reaction score
DBoys said:

It's just my opinion on it and I didn't expect it to be popular but if nothing else I am consistent on my opinion of Julius Jones.

You appear to be a staunch supporter of his so I ask, what makes him so special? Is he like an Emmitt Smith or Tony Dorsett or Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk or LaDanian Tomlinson or Walter Payton or Jim Brown or Gayle Sayers or Earl Campbell or Curtis Martin or Edgerrin James or even Jamal Lewis? When you answer that remember that the running back position may be the easiest to make a transition to in the NFL. Also, take into account that he is going into his 3rd season and look at the stats of those backs in their first two to three seasons.

slick325

Reaction score
Woods said:

The rib injury he suffered in training camp is not a freak injury. Every football player has had rib injuries before or hit in the ribs before. The "high ankle sprain" is not freak, a sprained ankle occurs a great deal in pro sports.

Freak injuries would be something that you rarely hear of in a sport like when Bledsoe got injured in New England. That is a freak injury. The shoulder injury may be a freak injury because as many collisions that RB's have it is not that frequent to break the shoulder, separations are more prevalent. I will concede the shoulder but the others are common injuries.

gbrittain

Reaction score
slick325 said:
It's just my opinion on it and I didn't expect it to be popular but if nothing else I am consistent on my opinion of Julius Jones.

You appear to be a staunch supporter of his so I ask, what makes him so special? Is he like an Emmitt Smith or Tony Dorsett or Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk or LaDanian Tomlinson or Walter Payton or Jim Brown or Gayle Sayers or Earl Campbell or Curtis Martin or Edgerrin James or even Jamal Lewis? When you answer that remember that the running back position may be the easiest to make a transition to in the NFL. Also, take into account that he is going into his 3rd season and look at the stats of those backs in their first two to three seasons.

JJ has 688 yards less than Emmitt at the same point in their careers. JJ has started 13 less games in the same period of time.

Be critical of JJ if you want, just be accurate when doing so. JJ is a talent, unfortunately for him he has been an injured talent.

I suspect if JJ had not been injured he would be more than on par with Emmitt at this point in his career. I am not saying JJ is better than Emmitt, but I am saying JJ is very good. Now it is just a question of can he stay healthy?

TheHustler

Reaction score
It doesn't make any sense to trade JJ. He has superstar potential, 1600 yards and 15 TDs. If he gets injured, Barber can be a 1200 yard, 8 TD guy. We seem pretty set at RB.

slick325

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
JJ has 688 yards less than Emmitt at the same point in their careers. JJ has started 13 less games in the same period of time.

Be critical of JJ if you want, just be accurate when doing so. JJ is a talent, unfortunately for him he has been an injured talent.

I suspect if JJ had not been injured he would be more than on par with Emmitt at this point in his career. I am not saying JJ is better than Emmitt, but I am saying JJ is very good. Now it is just a question of can he stay healthy?

I think he is good. I wouldn't say he is very good or special. He has very good speed and decent vision but special is a term I reserve for LT, Barry Sanders, Emmitt and the like.

To be accurate it will take Julius maybe 8 games into his third season to pass what Emmitt had in his 1st two seasons. That's 2.5 seasons to catch what another did in 2 seasons. That is based on the 86.3 yds a game that Julius averages a game.