Nors consolidation and predictions!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Lets air them here - keep the bashing centralized!

*Carter to start over Hutch - Nors correct
*Glenn to be a stud project - Check
*Going into 2004 we would play both 4-3 and 3-4 - Check
*Ty Law trade on the table - Pats a #1, Dallas offered #2 - check
I was wrong in that we did not trade for Law
*We would sign George to be Jones backup - check
*Predicted Key for Galloway trade - check
*Predicted a no risk signing for depth - Eaton - check
*Was never happy with thought of VT starting - check
*Predicted RCB implosion without Law trade - check
*Mid season called out fiasco/bust in Gurode and Right side of line - check - funny but there was some initial contesting of that one. misread stats - flamed out
*Correctly predicted Romo would beat out Henson to start season as backup
*Shanle as a player (took Singletons job late in season)
*In Januray told you Bledsoe being shopped - a Cowboy to be - check
*Predicted 3-4 Move in spite of Ellis, Glover, Howard, small LB factions
*Predicted major 3-4 draft - check
Merriman over Ware, and Spears were my 3 favorite targets round 1
*Scoffed at the Howard trade - nothing ever there - check ++++
*Was never pro Lee at RB - check
*Thomas Davis at 20 a thought - he went top 15, Miller at #42, he went first round.....

Funny how I'm "perceived" as ALWAYS WRONG! Bring it - post my misses and I'll address or admit ills of merit!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't perceive you as always wrong Nors. As a matter of fact I have noted to myself before that you do get a lot of things like that correct.

However, I also have noted that you make more predictions than anyone else, hence more correct guesses.

That doesn't really lower the value of your correct pics... just has raised the likelyhood of being correct.

What seems to bother most here I think, is the incessant, "I told you so!", that you keep throwing in everyone's face. It's unbecoming.

Still, I do understand because you took a lot of flak for many of those predictions, and human nature compells some to rub everyone's noses in it.

My two cents? You won. Try to be a classy winner and don't point to yourself, screaming how right you are. That only takes away from your victory.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
*Ty Law trade on the table - Pats a #1, Dallas offered #2 - check
I was wrong in that we did not trade for Law

Show me a link...any link to any story from a credible source that explicitly says Dallas offered a #2 for Ty Law in 2004. Until you do that, "UNCHECK" that one right now.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Nors said:
Funny how I'm "perceived" as ALWAYS WRONG! Bring it - post my misses and I'll address or admit ills of merit!
Actually as I see it (being one of the people who sometimes agrees with you) you are "perceived" as being annoyingly repetative. How many times do you have to harp on the 3-4 defense? It is obvious that we will be playing the 3-4 scheme this year in all likelihood. Almost everyone here admits that. So what is the point of continually harping on the same subject?

You were right! You yourself are now acting like it has never happened before; maybe it hasn't I don't know. But now that it has happened you need to get over it and move on.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I am sick to death of this crap.

Mods, can you guys start a NorsZone? That way if any of us feel the need to kiss his arse we can go find him, instead of him filling the main board up with this garbage?

Waffle

Reaction score
Boy, this thread got s***-canned to the Off-Topic Zone real fast!

Nors...It would probably be a good idea for you to also post a list of predictions you made where you were wrong, before BZ or someone else really hands it to you.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I disagree. I say rub it in. I never scoffed at one of your predictions. Predictions are what they are - educated, calculated guesses. Alot of thought goes into those predictions. Sometimes people aren't willing to engage in logic.

I've seen alot of people think they're using logic when it isn't logic at all. And those quick to write you off, Nors, are those who are eating crow ... Some of them will never admit you were right. I know a lot of them that have too much silly, unfounded pride and will even lie to themselves about your predictions. I've gone through this with some of my predictions that panned out.

The writing is on the wall IMO. You are THE fooball guru around here regarding predictions. The only person who comes close to you in intuitiveness is yours truly. ;)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Actually as I see it (being one of the people who sometimes agrees with you) you are "perceived" as being annoyingly repetative. How many times do you have to harp on the 3-4 defense? It is obvious that we will be playing the 3-4 scheme this year in all likelihood. Almost everyone here admits that. So what is the point of continually harping on the same subject?

You were right! You yourself are now acting like it has never happened before; maybe it hasn't I don't know. But now that it has happened you need to get over it and move on.

I think the most troubling thing to most people here is that they were wrong, not necessarily that Nors was right.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
I am sick to death of this crap.

Mods, can you guys start a NorsZone? That way if any of us feel the need to kiss his arse we can go find him, instead of him filling the main board up with this garbage?

Someone is bitter.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Show me a link...any link to any story from a credible source that explicitly says Dallas offered a #2 for Ty Law in 2004. Until you do that, "UNCHECK" that one right now.
I talked to the guy who handles such matters personally.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Someone is bitter.

Bitter? Not I

Obviously you've never witnessed one of Nors break downs....have you?

This is what this thread is and all of the ones before it lately.

IMO the Mods are really taking it easy on Nors, he should consider himself lucky....he's been permanantly banned before for the same BS from a lessor board.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I disagree. I say rub it in. I never scoffed at one of your predictions. Predictions are what they are - educated, calculated guesses. Alot of thought goes into those predictions. Sometimes people aren't willing to engage in logic.

I've seen alot of people think they're using logic when it isn't logic at all. And those quick to write you off, Nors, are those who are eating crow ... Some of them will never admit you were right. I know a lot of them that have too much silly, unfounded pride and will even lie to themselves about your predictions. I've gone through this with some of my predictions that panned out.

The writing is on the wall IMO. You are THE fooball guru around here regarding predictions. The only person who comes close to you in intuitiveness is yours truly. ;)
Well stated - I just wanted to get this out there and deal with it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
Boy, this thread got s***-canned to the Off-Topic Zone real fast!

Nors...It would probably be a good idea for you to also post a list of predictions you made where you were wrong, before BZ or someone else really hands it to you.
the same guy that laid a "gauntlet" and wimped out. Bring it

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
I talked to the guy who handles such matters personally.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that one.

Go ahead and say who allegedly told you that Dallas offered NE a #2 for Law. I won't tell anyone! :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Bitter? Not I

Obviously you've never witnessed one of Nors break downs....have you?

This is what this thread is and all of the ones before it lately.

IMO the Mods are really taking it easy on Nors, he should consider himself lucky....he's been permanantly banned before for the same BS from a lessor board.
I'll take that one on head on -

I spot on called Carter over Hutchinson. The main man and a few mods at the time were on a Hutch is the man rant. 5 minutes after Carter was announced starter I was locked out and banned. Never posted ANYTHING to deserve a banning.

Move on.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Nors said:

I spot on called Carter over Hutchinson. The main man and a few mods at the time were on a Hutch is the man rant. 5 minutes after Carter was announced starter I was locked out and banned. Never posted ANYTHING to deserve a banning.

Move on.

Excuse me?

Never posted ANYTHING to deserve a banning? Be real. You filled up the whole frickin first page of the board with nonsense. After they asked you to stop you continued.....kinda like all the 3-4 garbage and Howard gloating you did here, tho not to the same degree......give me a break.

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:

Move on.

Well what do you know. I called Carter over Hutchinson too...just not on this board.

I NEVER saw a thing out of Hutch to ever think he would amount to anything. Carter gave me hope, but his repeated inconsistency and personal problems became his downfall.

Oh well.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Waffle said:
Well what do you know. I called Carter over Hutchinson too...just not on this board.

Oh well.

He called for Hutch too, don't let him fool you.

blindzebra

Reaction score
It's not even worth it.

Miss Cleo hits on 100%, even though we can archieve that he was wrong about 95% of the time.

Maybe people would give you some credit if you did not spam the forum with one thread after another on the same subject, 99% of which EVERYONE knew was a possibility anyway.

Then spend another round of spamming saying, "Look at me, I was right again."

Some examples:

Buffalo gives up a first and a second to draft a QB, perhaps Bledsoe will become available. Now he was so good last year, or so you keep telling us, yet he got cut in favor of an untested rookie.

FYI, Hall of Fame QBs don't play for 3 different teams and don't lose their jobs to 6th round picks and untested 2nd year QBs.

Parcells has always ran a 3-4, gee big stretch to predict he may use it again.

We have no depth at RB, George is out there, uhmm. Was it a good pick up Nors?

Eaton fits the same category, easy to call but an AWFUL signing.

Several posters continuously harped on PERSONNEL, yet when getting better personnel happens, you keep calling us out when you would have gone 3-4 if we would not have added one player to play it.

Romo, again easy call. We don't have a vet back up and Henson has been away for several years. But what do you keep lying about?

Romo #2 the majority of the season! Just as I predicted!

Well it was 8 games apiece, Henson finished the season as back up, and was the only one to play.

You were 100% wrong about Ty Law, not once but twice, yet you keep pointing to it as correct and even using it to bolster your argument about RCB. Law played in only 7 games and played like crap when he was out there, 1 INT and 2 pass defenses. So just how would this injured player hampered by the rule change help us again?

Again, if you want to be taken seriously EARN IT!

Stop spamming with the obvious.

Stop all the I told you so crap.

Stop conviently forgetting what you did not get right.

Stop the out right fabrication of what you predicted versus what actually happened, i.e Law and the entire I hate Ware at #11, but I loved Ware as an OLB in the 3-4, so I was really right, nonsense.

Stop taking even the slightest hint of disagreement as a personal attack.

Start admitting when the facts smack you directly in the face, i.e Bledsoe lighting it up.

You wonder why you get so much crap, look in the mirror, it's totally useless threads like this one.