Nors consolidation and predictions!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BS - I called Carter over Hutch - HUGE going into 2003 season the day Parcells was hired.

Book it - The hutchers on that board banned me 5 minutes after the trade because they knew they were totally SCHOOLED!

Old news - I hold no ill will to them.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Blind Zebra on permanent Ignore - oh well dude - bliss to not having to read your slop!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Nors you stand back and wring your hands in amazement and ask why people pummel you... it's threads like this.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Funny - you give logic, but most people went against that logic and thought otherwise ... It's funny how someone can think they are so right, but be so wrong at the same time.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Blind Zebra on permanent Ignore - oh well dude - bliss to not having to read your slop!

You ask people to BRING IT in this thread and then when they do, you put them on ignore? Interesting.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
BS - I called Carter over Hutch - HUGE going into 2003 season the day Parcells was hired.

Book it - The hutchers on that board banned me 5 minutes after the trade because they knew they were totally SCHOOLED!

Old news - I hold no ill will to them.

Everyone thought Hutch was more of a Parcells QB - I called Carter too ... not only that, I predicted playoffs.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors, the problem isn't that people think you are wrong most of the time .. it's that you make bold predictions and absolutely will not take any criticism on them yet you criticize other people when they do the same thing. Then, when you are right, you post a billion messages telling everyone you told them so. However, when you are wrong, you are nowhere to be seen or you post a new thread like this one gloating about the times you were right .. anything to take the focus off the fact that someone called you out for being wrong.

Have you been right more often than wrong? I'd have to say yes .. however, your attitude is the main reason why users give you a hard time and chastise you about everything especially when you're wrong.

And just for the record .. a lot of the predictions you made were not "bold" and were common predictions made by a lot of people.

In any case, these were just a few posts I found where you were wrong .. I'm sure it will lead a billion excuses and how you are being treated unfair .. blah blah blah .. However, you asked for examples and here they are. I'm not here to "debate" them with you so justify them all you want .. I'm very realistic about things and the bottom line is the only thing that matters .. and in this case, the bottom line shows you were wrong.

Nors: JJ is destined to be a scat back, 3rd down type. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12094&highlight=record

Nors: Parcells could get 1500 yards out of this kid. JJ go get him in offseason. [referring to William Green from Cleveland] Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12094&highlight=record

Nors: We were 5-1 last season (in division) [referring to 2003 season]. We should be able to do just as good in 2004........... I'm going to drop serious cash on Dallas and over 9 wins. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3857&highlight=record

Nors: I also throw $ at both the Giants/Jets DC's to make a lateral and come to Dallas. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10856&page=2&pp=15&highlight=record

I'm sure there are others but who cares? Whether you or right or wrong, who cares? I know I never think "Oh man, please don't let us sign Ty Law because Nors will be right." I want the Cowboys to sign any players that can benefit the team.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:

This is the best thing you have posted in a long time.

You are on record as saying you have him on ignore....I will bookmark this page to see if you hold to your word.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
Have you been right more often than wrong? I'd have to say yes .. however, your attitude is the main reason why users give you a hard time and chastise you about everything especially when you're wrong.

Predictions are never 100%. There is one thing that I know with absolute certainty. And that is that I don't really know anything for sure regarding predictions. I do know that there are people who have the gift of being intuitive. Some are able to read body language. Some know a bluff when they see one. Some ponder logic and equations.

Sure, Nors is going to be wrong. Show me one person who had the nuts to make a prediction that wasn't at one time or another. I'd rather see a guy take heat for being wrong on occasion, than to see a guy who didn't have the nuts to make a prediction.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
Nors, the problem isn't that people think you are wrong most of the time .. it's that you make bold predictions and absolutely will not take any criticism on them yet you criticize other people when they do the same thing. Then, when you are right, you post a billion messages telling everyone you told them so. However, when you are wrong, you are nowhere to be seen or you post a new thread like this one gloating about the times you were right .. anything to take the focus off the fact that someone called you out for being wrong.

FAIR ENOUGH - THEY GIVE IT TO ME BUT I GET GRIEF FOR GIVING IT BACK

And just for the record .. a lot of the predictions you made were not "bold" and were common predictions made by a lot of people.

In any case, these were just a few posts I found where you were wrong .. I'm sure it will lead a billion excuses and how you are being treated unfair .. blah blah blah .. However, you asked for examples and here they are. I'm not here to "debate" them with you so justify them all you want .. I'm very realistic about things and the bottom line is the only thing that matters .. and in this case, the bottom line shows you were wrong.

Nors: JJ is destined to be a scat back, 3rd down type. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12094&highlight=record

I COULD POST A FEW LINKS WHERE I RATED HIM WITH DOMANICK DAVIS POTENTIAL. MOST WERE FOOLED AT RB THAT DRAFT.....

Nors: Parcells could get 1500 yards out of this kid. JJ go get him in offseason. [referring to William Green from Cleveland] Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12094&highlight=record

YES THATS MY OPINION - I MIGHT HAVE GONE AFTER HIM. BUT WE WENT BARBER ATRAIN

Nors: We were 5-1 last season (in division) [referring to 2003 season]. We should be able to do just as good in 2004........... I'm going to drop serious cash on Dallas and over 9 wins. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3857&highlight=record

YES, WITH QUINCY CARTER AS OUR QB, THAT WAS FLUSHED WHEN VT TOOK THE HELM. I'D HAVE TO CHECK THE DATING OF THAT ONE. I MAY HAVE FACTORED IN ADDRESSING RCB - NOT SURE

Nors: I also throw $ at both the Giants/Jets DC's to make a lateral and come to Dallas. Thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10856&page=2&pp=15&highlight=record

AGAIN - I'M NOT JJ - THEY BOTH WOULD HAVE BEEN UPGRADES OVER ZIMMER!

I'm sure there are others but who cares? Whether you or right or wrong, who cares? I know I never think "Oh man, please don't let us sign Ty Law because Nors will be right." I want the Cowboys to sign any players that can benefit the team.

I'VE BEEN WRONG, THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD!
I'll fight back and welcome opinions!

Thanks -

Law still unsigned:)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bna-

exactly - all the fence sitters and posters that do nothing but second guess are my problem. Nobody can predict 100%. But educated thoughts, opinions, review of history can lead to prediction success. With Parcells - its actually very easy.....

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Bna-

exactly - all the fence sitters and posters that do nothing but second guess are my problem. Nobody can predict 100%. But educated thoughts, opinions, review of history can lead to prediction success. With Parcells - its actually very easy.....

I hear you. Parcells is an easy read for me. He thinks he's being slick - and he may be to some - but he gives hints if you know how to read him. He'll say something that almost everybody buys ... then I see something that tells me he's trying to mislead people and create a diversion.

Fence sitters have no real backbone. They're afraid of being wrong. If you're afraid of being wrong, you'll never take the risk or gamble to reap the rewards. You'll be just what you are - a fence sitter.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
Predictions are never 100%. There is one thing that I know with absolute certainty. And that is that I don't really know anything for sure regarding predictions. I do know that there are people who have the gift of being intuitive. Some are able to read body language. Some know a bluff when they see one. Some ponder logic and equations.

Sure, Nors is going to be wrong. Show me one person who had the nuts to make a prediction that wasn't at one time or another. I'd rather see a guy take heat for being wrong on occasion, than to see a guy who didn't have the nuts to make a prediction.

No one is questioning this .. perhaps you should re-read my WHOLE post .. predictions are fun .. they're entertaining .. it's fun to look back and rag your friends about predictions they made that never panned out just like they like to rag you about the ones you made that never occured.

The problem is not that Nors is right or that he is wrong .. that was my point in the post .. when he makes a prediction, he can't take people disagreeing with him. However, when other people make predictions, he chastises them. When he's right, he throws it in everyone's face even though only a handful of users were the one chasting him about it. When he's wrong, he creates new threads like this one to promote when he was right in order to remove the focus from when he was wrong.

I make predictions all the time .. I said the Cowboys would be 11-5 last year and they wound up 6-10 .. when I said 11-5, some people agreed, others laughed. When it was all said and done, I was WAY off. However, if someone called me on it today, how would I react? I'd say .. "My rose colored goggles were super thick last year." .. If Nors were to be called on it, he'd go off on a tirade about how he was right on a lot of other things and the other users are picking on him because he's often correct.

I mean who really cares? Who really cares about this thread?

I like Nors .. I think he's one of the personalities of CZ that really add excitement and emotion to the site. I just wish he'd stop being so defensive about everything. Because he is, other users will push his buttons every chance they get.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I hear you. Parcells is an easy read for me. He thinks he's being slick - and he may be to some - but he gives hints if you know how to read him. He'll say something that almost everybody buys ... then I see something that tells me he's trying to mislead people and create a diversion.

Fence sitters have no real backbone. They're afraid of being wrong. If you're afraid of being wrong, you'll never take the risk or gamble to reap the rewards. You'll be just what you are - a fence sitter.

A fence sitter is one who NEVER TAKES A SIDE.

So which is it?

If I agree with you, I'm okay and a quality poster.

If I disagree with you, I'm the worst poster AND a fence sitter.

Just how in the hell can I take a side, i.e. the one opposite you, but be a fence sitter?

Someone starts an entirely inaccurate lable, and you mindlessly parrot it.:rolleyes:

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
No one is questioning this .. perhaps you should re-read my WHOLE post .. predictions are fun .. they're entertaining .. it's fun to look back and rag your friends about predictions they made that never panned out just like they like to rag you about the ones you made that never occured.

The problem is not that Nors is right or that he is wrong .. that was my point in the post .. when he makes a prediction, he can't take people disagreeing with him. However, when other people make predictions, he chastises them. When he's right, he throws it in everyone's face even though only a handful of users were the one chasting him about it. When he's wrong, he creates new threads like this one to promote when he was right in order to remove the focus from when he was wrong.

I make predictions all the time .. I said the Cowboys would be 11-5 last year and they wound up 6-10 .. when I said 11-5, some people agreed, others laughed. When it was all said and done, I was WAY off. However, if someone called me on it today, how would I react? I'd say .. "My rose colored goggles were super thick last year." .. If Nors were to be called on it, he'd go off on a tirade about how he was right on a lot of other things and the other users are picking on him because he's often correct.

I mean who really cares? Who really cares about this thread?

I like Nors .. I think he's one of the personalities of CZ that really add excitement and emotion to the site. I just wish he'd stop being so defensive about everything. Because he is, other users will push his buttons every chance they get.

I read your whole post. I like Nors too. I admire a guy who can say something that isn't popular and take the heat. I'm of the opinion that the ones that pick on him and chastise him are jealous of ole' Nors.

At first, he doesn't come off as the brightest guy. But that leads them to believe that he doesn't know what he's talking about so they take the opposite side, thinking this will make them right in the end - to no avail. Hence the bitterness towards Nors.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

So which is it?

If I agree with you, I'm okay and a quality poster.

If I disagree with you, I'm the worst poster AND a fence sitter.

Just how in the hell can I take a side, i.e. the one opposite you, but be a fence sitter?

Someone starts an entirely inaccurate lable, and you mindlessly parrot it.:rolleyes:

Guilty conscience?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

Or someone who dances around both sides in a delicate manner to assure that in the end they won't be labeled wrong.

Also - it seems you are a little paranoid about this "fence sitter" label.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
I read your whole post. I like Nors too. I admire a guy who can say something that isn't popular and take the heat. I'm of the opinion that the ones that pick on him and chastise him are jealous of ole' Nors.

At first, he doesn't come off as the brightest guy. But that leads them to believe that he doesn't know what he's talking about so they take the opposite side, thinking this will make them right in the end - to no avail. Hence the bitterness towards Nors.

BNA... Even though I'm one of the main culprits when it comes to doing battle with Nors, I do like the guy (in a purely heterosexual way so don't get any ideas!)...

He does though lose a point or two with me by putting BZ on ignore and not being man enough to get some of the stuff back he dishes out but it's not a perfect world is it?