Nors, post your henson story

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
It's ok to not be on the fence on a subject Hos. Its 2006and season # 3 into the Henson era.

Hype is a very, very fitting word. We are starting to reach the past tense on that. Its time for performance and results. Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning were the most hyped QB's of their franchises past deacde.

Henson is in NFLe looking to rekindle his Football career. Stay tuned - NFL network will be covering all the games.
The point is Nors, that all anyone has is hype until they get a chance to prove it. That has always been perfectly okay until the QB wars over Q.

There is a double standard, plain and simple.

I watched Drew Henson play college football. I can't believe he will fail when given a chance. I think he is that good. It is my right. Your little digs at him because you got schooled on Q and are trying to redeem yourself ring hollow.

I'd be excited about the player regardless of the name. It has to do with the team he belongs. You see, I'm a big fan of the Cowboys. Root for them shamelessly.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
junk said:
I certainly never saw it. He threw an OK deep ball and avoided the rush well. He didn't have the basic skills (mainly accuracy) to be a good QB in the NFL.

He might land back on his feet in the CFL or something.

Never understood why people were so fascinated by him.
That was some team we had in 03 were a QB without basic skills could be carried by the rest of the team into the playoffs.:rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
They should have a where are they know on 2002 Hard Knocks!

Dave Campo
Deveren Johnson
Richmond Flowers
Chad Hutchinson
Robert Thomas
Javiar Collins
Peetie Hunter
Tham
Tyson Walters

The JAGS cycle thru here -

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
They should have a where are they know on 2002 Hard Knocks!

Dave Campo
Deveren Johnson
Richmond Flowers
Chad Hutchinson
Robert Thomas
Javiar Collins
Peetie Hunter
Tham
Tyson Walters

The JAGS cycle thru here -
Wouldn't interest me at all. I care about the current team and the legendary players of the past. This would do nothing more than remind some people that they haven't thumped their chests for 20 minutes about one prediction or another and they miss the hollow thud.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Wouldn't interest me at all. I care about the current team and the legendary players of the past. This would do nothing more than remind some people that they haven't thumped their chests for 20 minutes about one prediction or another and they miss the hollow thud.

I think all agree that 2002 was pretty bad. Happens

ESPN Classic and NFL Network air a lot of the old films alll the time. I'm sure you can also buy Dallas DVD's and the like to replay all that. I also reccomend a vist to the Hall of fame.

Give your hatred/hostility and thud stuff a rest, its not becoming or warranted here.

Have a great day!!!!! Life as a Dallas fan gets nothing but better tomorrow and into draft.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
I think all agree that 2002 was pretty bad. Happens

ESPN Classic and NFL Network air a lot of the old films alll the time. I'm sure you can also buy Dallas DVD's and the like to replay all that. I also reccomend a vist to the Hall of fame.

Give your hatred/hostility and thud stuff a rest, its not becoming or warranted here.

Have a great day!!!!! Life as a Dallas fan gets nothing but better tomorrow and into draft.
What hatred or hostility? I just said I am not interested in a where are they now about those players. Why would I be? Why would anyone be? I said often that Robert Thomas was a thief if he cashed his game paychecks. So what? Who cares that I was right about Robert Thomas? I don't, why would anyone else?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
That was some team we had in 03 were a QB without basic skills could be carried by the rest of the team into the playoffs.:rolleyes:

Say what?

I assume you are saying that Quincy had the skills to get Dallas to the playoffs. It certainly seems to have teams beating his door down.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:

#1 defense
#2 in points allowed

the #32 ranked schedule

11 games against teams with a record below .500 (8-3) against them

5 games against teams with winning records (2-3 against them)

Our defense and weak schedule was the reason we were in the playoffs

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
#1 defense
#2 in points allowed

the #32 ranked schedule

11 games against teams with a record below .500 (8-3) against them

5 games against teams with winning records (2-3 against them)

Our defense and weak schedule was the reason we were in the playoffs

Carter won 10 games in 2003.
Carter was like 3-1 when Chad was injured in 2004.

Carter is out of football due to his off field problems, not lack of talent.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
There are players in the league with far greater problems than Carter has off the field.

We've had several of them in Dallas and some of them recently (Brooks, KD, Carson).

We have 2 starting OL with DUI's (some cases multiple) in college.

We just signed a safety who was accused of gang raping some girl at ND.

People with talent and issues stay in the league.

Favre and Collins had multiple addictions.

Wonder what a guy like Pioli would say about Carter's "talent"?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
There are players in the league with far greater problems than Carter has off the field.

We've had several of them in Dallas and some of them recently (Brooks, KD, Carson).

We have 2 starting OL with DUI's (some cases multiple) in college.

We just signed a safety who was accused of gang raping some girl at ND.

People with talent and issues stay in the league.

Favre and Collins had multiple addictions.

Wonder what a guy like Pioli would say about Carter's "talent"?

Same kid that won with Jets in 2004 and missed playoff game for "personal reasons". Rumored to have been suspended - Substance issue.

Funny 2 days before QC was cut Parcells was lauding him and praising him. Then the rumored failed drug test hit....

There was some talent there - sorry

acheman

Reaction score
There was some talent, yes. But evidently there was not enough to keep Bill from bringing in Vinny and trading for HENSON, while having QC already in the fold, well before anything happened at training camp.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Nors said:

Carter won ten games? Hmmmm...I would give the credit to T-Ham before I'd give it to Carter.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Nors said:

You can say Carter won 10 games until your blue in the face, but thats not the reality of the situation. Reality is Carter was a below average QB and our Defense combined with the easiest schedule in the league was the reason we won 10 games.

We won 10 games in spite of Carter in 2003 not because of him.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Nors said:
Same kid that won with Jets in 2004 and missed playoff game for "personal reasons". Rumored to have been suspended - Substance issue.

Funny 2 days before QC was cut Parcells was lauding him and praising him. Then the rumored failed drug test hit....

There was some talent there - sorry

The Jets beat Cleveland and AZ with QC at the helm and he was mediocre at best in doing so.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235201/gamelogs/2004

Jets had the 4th rated D and Martin led the league in rushing.

They won in spite of QC not because of him.

Have you noticed a pattern of BP lauding scrubs and then cutting them?

Hell, Tucker "looked like he's crossed the line" after a game or 2 at LT.

Noll, Blade, Stewart.....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.