Not feeling the new Romo.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I want him to go to his good ol' slingin' self. Idc if you give a pick or two, it comes with that style of play. This new conservative " I want to protect the ball" stuff ain't cutting it for me. Open up the playbook and make it rain.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Sure and when he throws his next pick it's Romo needs to let the defense do it's job and not force anything.

Romo will be fine. He played pretty well the last two games considering his injury and the game situations. We'd be 2-0 without the Dunbar fumble. Saints and Pats are 2-0 with their superior QBs not scoring much either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's not like the record has changed a whole lot either way.

It gets me thinking about Johnny Manziel and how he will be handled once he goes Pro.

I don't know how that guy will do if he is contained and forced to make plays from the pocket. I know he's accurate but his arm strength is poor.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Sure and when he throws his next pick it's Romo needs to let the defense do it's job and not force anything.

Romo will be fine. He played pretty well the last two games considering his injury and the game situations. We'd be 2-0 without the Dunbar fumble. Saints and Pats are 2-0 with their superior QBs not scoring much either.

No, then it will be, start Orton, he won't lose the game for us

Deep_South

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think if we keep playing the same way - minus the puzzling horizontal play calls to Witten, Hanna, and Williams - there will be a payoff when the OL gels and the D improves as they get more in tune with the new system and get a couple of key players back at full speed. Eli has been slinging away in New York, but so far he's pocketed a couple of losses for his trouble and is throwing interceptions at 3.5 per game clip, on a pace for 56 picks in 16 games.

Coy

Reaction score
I agree, let´s live and die with Romo, he must be an asset for this team not a game manager, that´s why Jerry paid him the big bucks, if the line protects better and the D is much improved as it appears to be, then, go ahead and sling it.

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
If he doesnt start playing like the old Romo we will not get to 8 wins!! You cant be so scared to turn it over that you dont throw down the field.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't know what is going on seriously.. What they are throwing out there has me baffled....

Coy

Reaction score
Good read on the topic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...et-the-dallas-cowboys-back-on-track-in-week-3

How Tony Romo Can Get the Dallas Cowboys Back on Track in Week 3

Tony Romo is one of the most misunderstood quarterbacks of all time—someone who has played well enough to lead the Dallas Cowboys to a championship—but he’s not playing great football to start the 2013 season.

Specifically, Romo is prioritizing risk minimization over the offense, doing everything in his power to not throw interceptions.

The Cowboys have one of the game’s elite players in wide receiver Dez Bryant, and their focus should really be getting him the ball as much as possible. It’s the quality of the looks that matters most, though, and right now, Romo isn’t getting the ball to Bryant where he’s best—down the field.

Last year, the Cowboys made a very obvious effort to change the nature of their offense in the middle of the season, using Bryant downfield more and giving him opportunities to outmuscle defenders for the football.

Nav22

Reaction score
I agree that there seems to be a balance Romo wants to attain and that it currently needs tweaking.

That being said, he did just square off against Tom Coughlin and Andy Reid. Those guys know him a bit and have learned the hard way that you MUST be disciplined in the secondary to take away the deeper stuff.

I mean, for as much short stuff as Romo threw in KC, if Dez makes that catch he's looking at a 330+ yard day.

jday

Reaction score
I want him to go to his good ol' slingin' self. Idc if you give a pick or two, it comes with that style of play. This new conservative " I want to protect the ball" stuff ain't cutting it for me. Open up the playbook and make it rain.

Like it or not, he is playing smart football.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Like it or not, he is playing smart football.
Agreed. Defense makes a stop last week and we kick a field goal, we're 2-0 and this conversation probably doesn't exist.

Having said that, I do think Tony needs to get out and sling a little bit more, because that's what makes this offense go.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
thing is, he isn't really protecting the football all that much more.

He had a fumble last week in a situation where he needed better awareness. Should have had a couple pics as well, drops and penalties brought them back however.

Frozen700

Reaction score

Dunbar sucks

jday

Reaction score
Agreed. Defense makes a stop last week and we kick a field goal, we're 2-0 and this conversation probably doesn't exist.

Having said that, I do think Tony needs to get out and sling a little bit more, because that's what makes this offense go.

I see what everyone saying. I'd "like" to see some of his old-houdine-self from time to time, as well, but if the trade off is also seeing stupid, stupid interceptions, I'll pass on the magic.