Not going to kick a man while he's down...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
*Shrugs* Congrats on your win. Hopefully we'll see you again in the game that matters.

Reaction score
numnuts23;2473280 said:
Besides the last 5 minutes, I'd have to say Dallas D was the better of the two. .....

That comment clearly illustrates how you guys just don't get it!
Let me make it simple. We both agree that Dallas is the better offense.
Yet the Dallas defense was the one that couldn't stop the lesser offense from scoring when it had the game wrapped up!

Here's the report card:

The Steeler D held the better O to 13 points.
The Cowboys D held the lesser O to 13 points.
The Steeler D scored 7 points.
The Cowboy D scored 0 points.

You do the math....

Roethlisberger had better stats than Romo because all the numbers were almost identical except throwing interceptions and Romo is the only QB who did it...and then again...and yet again!

Harrison had better stats than Ware. He took the ball away from your QB and he had some huge drive killing tackles!

After you add it up then continue with your rationalizations to make yourself feel better like: we gave it to you...or we beat you right up until you came back and beat us with 17 unanswered points... Lol!

Let me just check the scoreboard and the NFL season stats to see if your logic affects anything.....
Nope, rationalizations are not working...the Steelers definitely still won the game in spite of your perspective!

Sorry some of you you couldn't be gracious enough to accept reality and entertain an outsiders view. Props to those that do..and yes it would be sweet to meet in the big game!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2473440 said:
*Shrugs* Congrats on your win. Hopefully we'll see you again in the game that matters.

seems like we're going to go 11-5.....

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Silvercrap LikesThe Nutsack said:
Harrison had better stats than Ware. He took the ball away from your QB and he had some huge drive killing tackles!

So.... your argument is Harrison is a better player than an injured Ware.

Congrats.

That ain't exactly rocket science. But I guess it is, for you. So kudos.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Silverback ate your QB;2473446 said:
That comment clearly illustrates how you guys just don't get it!
Let me make it simple. We both agree that Dallas is the better offense.
Yet the Dallas defense was the one that couldn't stop the lesser offense from scoring when it had the game wrapped up!

Here's the report card:

The Steeler D held the better O to 13 points.
The Cowboys D held the lesser O to 13 points.
The Steeler D scored 7 points.
The Cowboy D scored 0 points.

You do the math....

Roethlisberger had better stats than Romo because all the numbers were almost identical except throwing interceptions and Romo is the only QB who did it...and then again...and yet again!

After you add it up then continue with your rationalizations to make yourself feel better like: we gave it to you...or we beat you right up until you came back and beat us with 17 unanswered points... Lol!

Let me just check the scoreboard and the NFL season stats to see if your logic affects anything.....
Nope, rationalizations are not working...the Steelers definitely still won the game in spite of your perspective!

Sorry you couldn't be gracious enough to accept reality and entertain an outsiders view.

Let me see....

Romo's INT's were all just terrible throws - none were plays that your D made.

How many times did we give the ball to your offense on our side of the field? And yet our defense stood up and stopped them.

Romo missed WIDEOPEN WR's down the field...the entire game. I think we came within 5 yards or something of putting up over 300 against your "killer" D even with our QB playing like complete crap.

One again - I said that Harrison is a beast, and a great player...but Ware was not even close to 100%.

Also remember: Cowboys Offense -

Our heart and soul of our offense - didn't play
We played half the game with our 3rd string LG
Our speed back, who could give your D nightmares - didn't play
Our WR who could stretch the field - didn't play
Our QB played majority of the game - with his head up his ---
Our TE is being pretty much held together with duct tape at the moment

Cowboys defense:

3rd corner didn't play
I think we're at our 4th option for SS now
Ware is about 75 % right now

Maybe I watched a different game, but I'd say the Cowboy's Defense was the more impressive unit yesterday.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
numnuts23;2473486 said:
Let me see....

Romo's INT's were all just terrible throws - none were plays that your D made.

How many times did we give the ball to your offense on our side of the field? And yet our defense stood up and stopped them.

Romo missed WIDEOPEN WR's down the field...the entire game. I think we came within 5 yards or something of putting up over 300 against your "killer" D even with our QB playing like complete crap.

One again - I said that Harrison is a beast, and a great player...but Ware was not even close to 100%.

Also remember: Cowboys Offense -

Our heart and soul of our offense - didn't play
We played half the game with our 3rd string LG
Our speed back, who could give your D nightmares - didn't play
Our WR who could stretch the field - didn't play
Our QB played majority of the game - with his head up his ---
Our TE is being pretty much held together with duct tape at the moment

Cowboys defense:

3rd corner didn't play
I think we're at our 4th option for SS now
Ware is about 75 % right now

Maybe I watched a different game, but I'd say the Cowboy's Defense was the more impressive unit yesterday.

Your lesser O started 7 drives at your own 40yd line or better. And started 4 drives inside OUR territory, yet only scored 13 points on our defense...

That is counting for the 6pts which came as a direct result of field position... Two of your scoring drives were as follows... Ball on Dallas 22yd line 6 plays 16yds result FG. That is a monster drive there. A whopping 2.67yds per play.
The second... Ball on Dallas 25yd line 4plays 2yds result FG!
Don't forget the goal line stand that came after the phantom nuetral zone infraction gave you another 3rd and 1. So we gave up 7 points to your offense that were not turnover or field position related. You had 2 drives of more than 30yds. And you scored 7pts on those.... So how was your defense better?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Threads from people who aren't Cowboys fans should just be blocked altogether.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I cannot honestly say Ware is much better than Harrison, but does it really matter?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tunahelper;2473557 said:
I cannot honestly say Ware is much better than Harrison, but does it really matter?

I agree. Both are outstanding players I feel fortunate to have a player of the caliber of Ware. I'm sure Pitt fans feels the same about Harrison

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a thread from an opposition's fan that ever said "Man were we lucky yesterday, great game, you guys really came into our house and played us straight up"

instead we get

"Let me be polite and get some slaps on the backs from you guys on how great my team is. We are way better than your team in this category and that category and thats why we won yesterday. You guys are ok, we are just way better and we didn't even play as well as we could have."

Can we just delete the threads as soon as they appear from now on?

khiladi

Reaction score
The Steelers are lucky Holland got hurt and Proctor started playing again...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2473245 said:
Just want to say good game. In spite of the losing part for you cowboy fans we all saw some great football played yesterday in Pittsburgh.

Both QB's threw away some opportunities, I know Ben had at least one sure touchdown throw that should have been completed and Ward dropped a big first down toss wide open, Holmes dropped a few like he always does...etc.

And of course we all know Romo let you guys down on some plays too, I wont bother listing them because you pay TO far too much money to do that for you and he started flapping his gums on the sideline just like I knew he would...

I think there are a few things we Steeler fans deserve to point out.

Harrison vs. Ware
The talk going into the game was Harrison isn't worthy of the comparison. The results of the game however prove Harrison was the better player in the game where it counts. Thinking you know which player will end up with better career stats means nothing to me.

Romo vs. Roethlisberger
Practically an even tie except the huge interception category.

I'll take Roethlisberger over Romo everyday even though Romo might be a better pocket passer and he also has similar skills for extending the play avoiding the sack.
Why? Because Roethlisberger has the heart of a lion and the confidence of a champion that Romo doesn't seem to be able to muster when it really counts. Winning the game is always on his mind..right in front to the exclusion of any other thoughts! No doubts, no anger, no frustrations just KEEP FIGHTING! I think halfway through the fourth quarter Romo was already planning which shirt he was going to wear to which club while Roethlisberger and the Steelers were still totally heads in the game!
That difference between them is huge and doesn't show up in the stats except in the total wins column...in that game Roethlisberger broke the record for the most wins for a QB in the first five years! So yea, I pick Ben and his potential over Romo who is already all he's going to be.....

I think both offensive teams got owned by the opposing defenses but the Cowboys offense is playing closer to their potential best than the Steelers are so for Steeler fans we see the potential for much more improvement than you guys do.

On the other side the Steelers defense obviously played better than the Cowboys defense did and I seriously doubt the Cowboys could top the Steelers D this season.

Anyway, I usually would hope to meet and destroy you guys in the Superbowl but I think I'll be hoping to meet the Giants instead because we let them beat us earlier so for bragging rights I want our team to be the ones to take down the reigning champs.

Good luck cowboys (except when the Steelers are playing).
I think the frustration (at least for me) comes from knowing that Tony Romo can play WAY better than he's been doing lately and certainly 10000x better than he played Sunday afternoon.

The TD pass to Owens was, imo, Romo at his best.

The underthrown INT...Romo at his worst.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I think both offensive teams got owned by the opposing defenses but the Cowboys offense is playing closer to their potential best than the Steelers are so for Steeler fans we see the potential for much more improvement than you guys do.

On the other side the Steelers defense obviously played better than the Cowboys defense did and I seriously doubt the Cowboys could top the Steelers D this season.

You really are an idiot aren't you? Have you watched ANY of our games? This was probably Romo's worst by far. If he'd been even half as accurate as normal, we would've blown you guys out!

Yeah...the Steelers really have a juggernaut of an offense and were obviously far from their potential :rolleyes:

Reaction score
ryanbabs;2473768 said:
You really are an idiot aren't you? Have you watched ANY of our games? This was probably Romo's worst by far. If he'd been even half as accurate as normal, we would've blown you guys out!
Yea, woulda coulda shoulda...see below....

ryanbabs;2473768 said:
Yeah...the Steelers really have a juggernaut of an offense and were obviously far from their potential :rolleyes:

2007 season
Roethlisberger relatively healthy ranked #2 ...... Romo ranked #5

Romo rating 97.4% ...Roethlisberger rating 104.1%
" " compl 64.4%........ " " compl 65.3%
" " int's 19 ... ............" " int's 11

This season Roethlisberger, since game #2, has been playing hurt with shoulder, knee and hand injuries he probably should have spent at least a few games on the bench.

So, yea, believe it or not we Steeler fans have good reason to long for our offense to rise back to it's potential just like you guys do!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2475192 said:

2007 season, Roethlisberger relatively healthy ranked #2 Romo ranked #5:

This season Roethlisberger, since game #2, has been playing hurt with shoulder, knee and hand injuries he probably should have spent at least a few games on the bench.

So, yea, believe it or not we Steeler fans have good reason to long for our offense to rise back to it's potential just like you guys do!
why did you leave out yards and tds? and completion % is tricky since i'm sure Romo threw a lot more than ben.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You really gotta wonder how many Steeler fans would "START" a thread in here had they lost.

:rolleyes:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Just want to say good game. In spite of the losing part for you cowboy fans we all saw some great football played yesterday in Pittsburgh.

Both QB's threw away some opportunities, I know Ben had at least one sure touchdown throw that should have been completed and Ward dropped a big first down toss wide open, Holmes dropped a few like he always does...etc.

And of course we all know Romo let you guys down on some plays too, I wont bother listing them because you pay TO far too much money to do that for you and he started flapping his gums on the sideline just like I knew he would...

I think there are a few things we Steeler fans deserve to point out.

Harrison vs. Ware
The talk going into the game was Harrison isn't worthy of the comparison. The results of the game however prove Harrison was the better player in the game where it counts. Thinking you know which player will end up with better career stats means nothing to me.

Romo vs. Roethlisberger
Practically an even tie except the huge interception category.

I'll take Roethlisberger over Romo everyday even though Romo might be a better pocket passer and he also has similar skills for extending the play avoiding the sack.
Why? Because Roethlisberger has the heart of a lion and the confidence of a champion that Romo doesn't seem to be able to muster when it really counts. Winning the game is always on his mind..right in front to the exclusion of any other thoughts! No doubts, no anger, no frustrations just KEEP FIGHTING! I think halfway through the fourth quarter Romo was already planning which shirt he was going to wear to which club while Roethlisberger and the Steelers were still totally heads in the game!
That difference between them is huge and doesn't show up in the stats except in the total wins column...in that game Roethlisberger broke the record for the most wins for a QB in the first five years! So yea, I pick Ben and his potential over Romo who is already all he's going to be.....

Anyway, I usually would hope to meet and destroy you guys in the Superbowl but I think I'll be hoping to meet the Giants instead because we let them beat us earlier so for bragging rights I want our team to be the ones to take down the reigning champs.

Good luck cowboys (except when the Steelers are playing).

1) I saw no result that made me believe Harrison is better than Ware the stats were pretty even and Ware was injured........

2) Roethless isnt half the QB Tony is ...you need to watch more Cowboy games...that wasnt the Romo we charish....you witnessed his worst performance as a pro....i notice you spew stats how about the great Roethless.....

Ben--16 tds---12 ints----80.1 RTG 13 games

Romo--22tds--11 ints----96.9 RTG 10 games

3) if you would have seen the Cowboys offense at half their potential best it would have been a 35-6 in the 3rd

4) I dont think your world renown D showed any more than our did......

5) so get lost and take that no motorcycle ridin goober with ya... :steelers:

twentytwo

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2475192 said:

2007 season
Roethlisberger relatively healthy ranked #2 ...... Romo ranked #5

Here are a few stats from 2007 that you left out:

Romo
- TD = 36
- Yards = 4211
- Completions = 335

Roethlisberger
- TD = 32
- Yards = 3154
- Completions = 264

And since you seem inclined to throw out biased statistics in order to make your quarterback seem better, I would like to return the favor. Here are the quarterback ratings from 2006.
- Romo = 95.1
- Roethlisberger = 75.4