Not going to kick a man while he's down...

Reaction score
Rampage;2475205 said:
why did you leave out yards and tds? and completion % is tricky since i'm sure Romo threw a lot more than ben.
Well the ratings and rankings are based on the NFL's criteria not mine and they include TD's, yards, etc. etc. so to compare apples to apples regarding QB success I used their stats.
Romo threw 2 more TD's than Roethlisberger that year...wow big deal! He also threw damn near twice as many interceptions though!

Also, last season Willie Parker was leading the league in rushing until he broke his leg so yea Romo probably had to throw more since Barber wasn't burning up the yards or clock like Parker so using the ratings and rankings makes a better read:more acurate comparison.

The point is, Roethlisberger is having a bad season so Romo's bad-pinkie day doesn't concern me much!

Batman

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2473245 said:
Both QB's threw away some opportunities, I know Ben had at least one sure touchdown throw that should have been completed and Ward dropped a big first down toss wide open, Holmes dropped a few like he always does...etc.

Actually, Ben did a good job, he did not throw any picks, and his only fumble was due to a great play on defense that no matter who the QB was, would have fumbled anyway. Ben did not have good completion numbers, but the ones he completed were key and he did not make any dumb throws. Romo on the other hand, pretty much all of his throws were dumb throws.

And of course we all know Romo let you guys down on some plays too, I wont bother listing them because you pay TO far too much money to do that for you and he started flapping his gums on the sideline just like I knew he would...

I am glad you are not going to list the plays Romo let us down on, because it would be a very long list.

I think there are a few things we Steeler fans deserve to point out.

Harrison vs. Ware
The talk going into the game was Harrison isn't worthy of the comparison. The results of the game however prove Harrison was the better player in the game where it counts. Thinking you know which player will end up with better career stats means nothing to me.

I am not sure who in their right mind would say Harrison is not worthy, he is a great player. Where I disagree with you is saying Harrison is the better players in a game that counts. I do not think you will have any offensive coordinator that will agree with you on this. Ware does not have other great players around him like a Troy Palamalu, a Farrior and some other excellent players like that. When you play the Steelers you have to account for the whole great defense they have. When playing Dallas, you key more in on DeMcarcus Ware. Also, remember that Ware is also over 4 years younger than Harrison and is just beginning to hit his prime. The best is yet to come.

Romo vs. Roethlisberger
Practically an even tie except the huge interception category.

I'll take Roethlisberger over Romo everyday even though Romo might be a better pocket passer and he also has similar skills for extending the play avoiding the sack.
Why? Because Roethlisberger has the heart of a lion and the confidence of a champion that Romo doesn't seem to be able to muster when it really counts. Winning the game is always on his mind..right in front to the exclusion of any other thoughts! No doubts, no anger, no frustrations just KEEP FIGHTING! I think halfway through the fourth quarter Romo was already planning which shirt he was going to wear to which club while Roethlisberger and the Steelers were still totally heads in the game!
That difference between them is huge and doesn't show up in the stats except in the total wins column...in that game Roethlisberger broke the record for the most wins for a QB in the first five years! So yea, I pick Ben and his potential over Romo who is already all he's going to be.....

Now here I completely agree with you. I also would take Ben over Romo any day. Roethlisberger has proven he can win the big games, as where all Romo has proven is that he is nothing but a choker when a game counts.

I think Ben is one of the most underrated QBs in the game. He does have that never say die attitude, he has a cannon for an arm and some of the ways he keeps plays alive and shrugs off defenders is just sick. Yes, the difference is huge, Romo is not even remotely close to being as good as Ben, and he never will be as good as him.

I think both offensive teams got owned by the opposing defenses but the Cowboys offense is playing closer to their potential best than the Steelers are so for Steeler fans we see the potential for much more improvement than you guys do.

Hold on there, you faced our offense without having to deal with our 2 best running backs. You were facing us with a 4th round pick RB starting his first NFL game. Needless to say, facing Felix Jones with his great speed and big play potential, and Marion Barber would have completely changed things.

On the other side the Steelers defense obviously played better than the Cowboys defense did and I seriously doubt the Cowboys could top the Steelers D this season.

Really? Both defenses gave up 13 points, but the difference was, your team had much better starting field position than we did when on offense. I did not see your Steelers put up a great goal line stand like the Boyz did. You have a great defense, and to be straight up, Tony Romo made your defense look better than ours did in that game. Your defense owes Tony Romo a game ball, he played a great game for the Steelers.

Anyway, I usually would hope to meet and destroy you guys in the Superbowl but I think I'll be hoping to meet the Giants instead because we let them beat us earlier so for bragging rights I want our team to be the ones to take down the reigning champs.

Good luck cowboys (except when the Steelers are playing).

Thanks for the good luck, we will need it. We don't have a QB that can win a big game. Maybe if we can get Troy Aikman out of the booth for the rest of the season we will see you the Super Bowl.

Reaction score
twentytwo;2475294 said:
Here are a few stats from 2007 that you left out:

Romo
- TD = 36
- Yards = 4211
- Completions = 335

Roethlisberger
- TD = 32
- Yards = 3154
- Completions = 264

You may not have thought of it but their completion percentage ratio, which I did show, shows their ability to succeed in delivering the ball to the receiver regardless of how many times they tossed the ball out there.
So saying Romo completed a higher number of passes like you did doesn't tell us that he completed the delivery at a lower percentage than Roethlisberger did! And that fact is illustrated nicely by the other stat that I did give...the fact that he threw twice as many interceptions as Roethlisberger did!
That's why they have the overall ranking system in which Roethlisberger was #2 and Romo was #5...and in the post season Roethlisberger was #6 and Romo was #10

And since you seem inclined to throw out biased statistics in order to make your quarterback seem better, I would like to return the favor. Here are the quarterback ratings from 2006.
- Romo = 95.1
- Roethlisberger = 75.4
Yea he stumbled in 2006 because of this stat you failed to include:
Romo - Season killing Hayabusa faceplant into a Chrysler - 0
Roethlisberger - Season killing Hayabusa faceplant into a Chrysler - 1

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
How can you put your faith in a Pittsburgh QB Batman?

Romo might not have the amount of wins Ben has in his career right now or the Super Bowl ring, but if you were to say swap them and install Ben in our O what kind of stats would you see Ben having?

I recall that Ben has one of the best records if he throws the ball less than like 30 times, but one of the worst if he is forced to throw it more, which is one of the reasons why they depend on the running game so much. Romo is much better and still hasn't reached his potential, plus he still isn't fully comfortable without having the splint on, IMO.

Ben is a QB that needs a running game to dominate his opponents, Romo can handle a D if his Oline protects him, they are polar opposites style wise, but on a talent level they are about even, and IMO Ben has reached his ceiling and Romo hasn't reached his potential yet pertaining to being a smart QB..Ben takes too many hits especially being this young to successful for very long.

Batman

Reaction score
The only stats I care about our wins. I could care less about Romo's 36 TDs and 4211 yards. He chokes when it counts most. Ben does not have the pretty numbers, but he has the stats that count the most, several play off wins, a Super Bowl ring and can win the big games that matter.

As much as I love the Cowboys, I would take Ben Roethlisberger over Romo each and every time. I am sure if Ben had the WRs we do, his numbers would be higher as well, probably better than Romos.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
parcells316;2473320 said:
Precisely. These supposed "great" fans were leaving after the Dallas goal line stand, booed their offense for much of the 2nd half and never give the other team an ounce of credit.

What a sad sack of front running scumbags their fans are, like the jerk that started this post.

I would love to see them in Tampa on a neutral field. Would love it.

They are the worst fans in all of football. In 2002 their "beloved" Steelers beat the Browns in the playoffs in a half-empty stadium because their "fans" had left when it looked as if they would lose. Same thing last year against the Jags. And who can forget their "fans" turning on them after their loss to the Bengals in 2005. Of course they were all back on the wagon by the time they got to the Super Bowl. I have no respect for their so called fans.

landryscorner

Reaction score
You forgot to mention that Ben sucks and his numbers were horrid, other than that you guys have a great defense, although whinny imo inexperienced on both sides of the ball moreso on offense than defense..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Let the Steelers and their fans crow, they won, to the winner the spoils.

But the Steelers and their fans would be foolish if not outright ignorant to think they want to see the Cowboys again, w/out the weather advantage, the ending will be far far different.

Batman

Reaction score
joshjwc9;2475373 said:
How can you put your faith in a Pittsburgh QB Batman?

Romo might not have the amount of wins Ben has in his career right now or the Super Bowl ring, but if you were to say swap them and install Ben in our O what kind of stats would you see Ben having?

I recall that Ben has one of the best records if he throws the ball less than like 30 times, but one of the worst if he is forced to throw it more, which is one of the reasons why they depend on the running game so much. Romo is much better and still hasn't reached his potential, plus he still isn't fully comfortable without having the splint on, IMO.

Ben is a QB that needs a running game to dominate his opponents, Romo can handle a D if his Oline protects him, they are polar opposites style wise, but on a talent level they are about even, and IMO Ben has reached his ceiling and Romo hasn't reached his potential yet pertaining to being a smart QB..Ben takes too many hits especially being this young to successful for very long.

Ben has Heinz Ward whose best days are starting to get behind him. The Steelers have no WR on their team even remotely close to being able to completely dominate a game or have defensive coordinator game plan to stop one of their WRs like they have to with T.O. They have a good TE in Miller, but he is not even close to being as good as Jason Witten. WR Roy Williams, I looked at the two rosters, and our WRs are quite a bit taller than the Steeler WRs which allows for more margin of error when throwing the ball. If Romo was a Steeler, and Ben was a Cowboy, we win the game real easy in Pitt. Ben is a better QB. Having big numbers and stats does not make one a better QB. Us Cowboy fans should know that since Aikman did not have big numbers, but when he needed to win big games he did it most times.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Another obnoxious airhead Steeler fan. :rolleyes:

I say go "extremeskins" on him and hit the ban button. :D

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This thread has me fired up and pissed off all over again.

I hope the Cowboys turn this disappointment into anger and channel it on the Giants.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2473446 said:
That comment clearly illustrates how you guys just don't get it!
Let me make it simple. We both agree that Dallas is the better offense.
Yet the Dallas defense was the one that couldn't stop the lesser offense from scoring when it had the game wrapped up!

Here's the report card:

The Steeler D held the better O to 13 points.
The Cowboys D held the lesser O to 13 points.
The Steeler D scored 7 points.
The Cowboy D scored 0 points.

You do the math....

Roethlisberger had better stats than Romo because all the numbers were almost identical except throwing interceptions and Romo is the only QB who did it...and then again...and yet again!

Harrison had better stats than Ware. He took the ball away from your QB and he had some huge drive killing tackles!

After you add it up then continue with your rationalizations to make yourself feel better like: we gave it to you...or we beat you right up until you came back and beat us with 17 unanswered points... Lol!

Let me just check the scoreboard and the NFL season stats to see if your logic affects anything.....
Nope, rationalizations are not working...the Steelers definitely still won the game in spite of your perspective!

Sorry some of you you couldn't be gracious enough to accept reality and entertain an outsiders view. Props to those that do..and yes it would be sweet to meet in the big game!

You seem to forget one thing. Our D completely owned your offense the entire game until our brilliant coaching staff decided to play it safe and drop in a soft zone/prevent defense. That is the reason we lost this game. We stopped playing aggressive defense like we had been doing all game long because our coaching staff is braindead. If you watched the game, you'd know this. Then again, you Steeler fans aren't exactly known for your brains.

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2475773 said:
You seem to forget one thing. Our D completely owned your offense the entire game until our brilliant coaching staff decided to play it safe and drop in a soft zone/prevent defense. That is the reason we lost this game. We stopped playing aggressive defense like we had been doing all game long because our coaching staff is braindead. If you watched the game, you'd know this. Then again, you Steeler fans aren't exactly known for your brains.
Well lets see....the whole first half ended in a tie so not much ownage there where it counts! Now sure you can massage the stats until you find some that sooth your hurt feelings but the only stat that matters is 3- 3, tie at end of half.
Now the second half, yes the Cowboys offense outplayed the Steelers offense for the 3rd quarter and almost halfway through the fourth quarter...and if you want to stop this discussion there then you win with a tie in the first half and a win for part of the second half...

Too bad the game was not over at that point and your offense stayed on the field to give us the go ahead pick 6 right after your defense gave up 10 unanswered points!
And as for being brain dead...at least I know your defense is run by the defensive coaching staff so yes, it was your defense that gave it up to a Steeler offense that hasn't had Roethlisberger or Parker or the O line playing up to their potential all season! Your 'ownage' of the Steelers wasn't all that impressive as the final score indicates.
Face the reality, your team couldn't stop the Steelers from beating them yesterday...however bad you think the Steelers are they are the team that your team couldn't beat yesterday....

If Roethlisberger had been picked by the Cowboys and you gave him Owens and all the others to throw to all these years you would probably have close to ten Superbowl rings right now!

Batman

Reaction score
Silverback,

I thought I would bring up another point in addition to my previous reply to your post(which you did not answer by the way). I already stated my position where you were wrong about Harrison being better than Ware. I would also like to add something else to this, Harrison was not coming off a hyper-extended knee injury like Ware did.

I will not take anything away from Harrison, he is a great player, but to say he is a better big game player than Ware is incorrect.

Batman

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2475883 said:
If Roethlisberger had been picked by the Cowboys and you gave him Owens and all the others to throw to all these years you would probably have close to ten Superbowl rings right now!

That would be an amazing accomplishment, close to 10 Super Bowl Rings, especially since Ben has not even close to being a 10 year vet. How would one go about winning more than one Super Bowl in a season. I am curious.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Batman;2475921 said:
That would be an amazing accomplishment, close to 10 Super Bowl Rings, especially since Ben has not even close to being a 10 year vet. How would one go about winning more than one Super Bowl in a season. I am curious.
plus Ben played real good in the superbowl:rolleyes:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Let's get a better perspective of the Steelers and an overall assessment of where they stand in regards to the Cowboys.

The Steeler perspective.

Bengals...Browns...Ravens.

The Cowboy perspective.

Giants...Eagles...Commanders....

That's what I thought. Thanks for trying to be glib and disingenuous in your posts.

Batman

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2475963 said:
Let's get a better perspective of the Steelers and an overall assessment of where they stand in regards to the Cowboys.

The Steeler perspective.

Bengals...Browns...Ravens.

The Cowboy perspective.

Giants...Eagles...Commanders....

That's what I thought. Thanks for trying to be glib and disingenuous in your posts.

SUPER BOWLS - NFC EAST v AFC NORTH

NFC EAST

19 Super Bowl Apperances
11 Super Bowl Wins

Only division with 3 teams with 3 or more Super Bowl Wins.

No other team has as many Super Bowl wins or appearances as the NFC East.

Every NFC East team has been in the Super Bowl 2 or more times.

AFC NORTH

9 Super Bowl Appearances
6 Super Bowl Wins

Only one team in the AFC North has more than 1 Super Bowl win, and only 2 teams have won the Super Bowl in the AFC North.

It is pretty clear who plays in the toughest division in the NFL. And while I am probably clearly in the minority, if one of our NFC East rivals should go to the Super Bowl again this year, whether it be the Eagles, Commanders or Giants, I will be pulling for them to win the Super Bowl. While it might seem strange to do this, I do it for a reason, that reason being if they win, it further adds to the legacy of the NFC East being the baddest a** division in the NFL, and another Super Bowl win for the NFC East just gives us that much more bragging rights and furthermore it makes it even tougher for any other division to reach the great achievements the NFC East has made. No other division is even close to us.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
I think there are a few things we Steeler fans deserve to point out.
Well while you're doing that, this Cowboy fan would like to point out that ya'll only have 4 superbowl rings and the refs have Seattle's! Atleast us and San Fran. won our 5th legit! The refs terrible towels saved ya'll in 40! How gay, terrible towels sheesh!

Why? Because Roethlisberger has the heart of a lion....
Shouldn't he be 0-12 right now?

Winning the game is always on his mind..
Yeah I'm sure that thought never occured to Romo!

Reaction score
Batman;2475915 said:
Silverback,

I thought I would bring up another point in addition to my previous reply to your post(which you did not answer by the way). I already stated my position where you were wrong about Harrison being better than Ware. I would also like to add something else to this, Harrison was not coming off a hyper-extended knee injury like Ware did.

I will not take anything away from Harrison, he is a great player, but to say he is a better big game player than Ware is incorrect.
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore that point..too much going on.
In my original point about Ware vs. Harrison I was only claiming that I believe Harrison is as good/valuable as Ware right now and was the better player in that game. His stats show it by a little bit and the particular tackles and forced fumble show it by huge margins. Sometimes the stats don't tell the whole story..a tackle is just a tackle..but if it stops a third down conversion and forces a punt it's more than just a tackle.

I don't know which of the two will prove to be the "better" player at the end of their career but I felt I had good cause to return to say I told you so regarding Harrison's abilities which were called into question by many here.